Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

What do people mean by 'new build'? Is it just the present 'build' of the game - what characters and modes have been revealed, etc.?

What do people mean by 'new build'? Is it just the present 'build' of the game - what characters and modes have been revealed, etc.?
Every time new content gets put in a playable state, that's a new build. So first build was just Sophie and Mitsurugi, then the second build was them plus Xianghua, Groh, Kilik and Nightmare. Now we have Ivy, Siegfried, Zasalamel and Geralt revealed but still not put out in a playable build, so they keep using the old one.

Nah, I didn't watch this one. I've got super fatigue with this build, and I feel like I've seen all I'm gonna see out of it. Sounds like I didn't miss much.
Yeah you didn't. I turned it off after 15 minutes or so because it was just repetitive, bad gameplay and they sounded like they had no idea what they were on about.

I'm an hour and two minutes in and neither player has chosen Xianghua once yet. It should really be a rule that people demoing the game for the press should at least try to show as much of the game as they can.

I' an hour and seven minutes in and neither player has chosen Xianghua once yet. It should really be a rule that people demoing the game fore the press should at least try to show as much of the game as they can.
You actually watched 1hr and 7mins of that? You're a masochist.

the biggest problems were the lack of context for most of the time skip forward characters and unfinished story along with nothing else to do outside of fighting aside from creating custom characters.
I disagree. Your aforementioned points are important reasons why SC5 wasn't well received, but I advocate that the lacking roster was the single most impactful misstep that happened to Project Soul.

i have some bad news guys

there will be no 2P outfits

notice that there is secondary colors
we NEVER had secondary colors on soul calibur, so this means bye bye 2P outfits

i even believe that they will sell the secondary costumes

i have some bad news guys

there will be no 2P outfits
No, Namco did not announce that alternate costumes will be absent. No, there is absolutely no proof or logic for a claim like this. And yes, there is precedent for alternate colors (SB, SC3). In addition, 2P costumes always get shown near the end of the development cycle. For SCV they weren't even shown until two weeks before release.

Have you considered, perhaps, that any playable demo that allows for two people to pick the same character needs a way to distinguish which player is which? Has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, a hypothesis without data is just a hypothesis?

God, I'm sick of people making shit up. You can't just make some uninformed guess like that and brand it as "news." Were none of you ever taught not to speak out of your ass?

FUCK I'M MAD

Last edited:
Indeed. Before one panics and declares that the sky's falling, it's best to try to put yourself in the mindset of a developer.

Recolors are easy relative to modeling a completely different outfit. If you want a quick and dirty way to ensure people can keep track of which character is which for a demo, a recolor is the least resource intensive way to do that. That's not even indicative of recolors being an instant option in the full release. It could easily just be shoved back into the CAS options.

That also goes for instant assumptions that the game's being rushed. Is there an actual basis for that conclusion? Nope.

You can't announce (and pretend to hold the truth about) the absence of 2P costumes just because we got alternate colours for demos, simply to avoid mixing characters on screen.

AFAIR, there weren't that many SCV demos, were there? Here we were given many playable builds, and since the first one had only 2 characters, they had to find a way to help player tell their character from their adversary's.

Stop it with your baseless assumptions...

On the topic of costumes, though, there really is a cool possible chance that we might can get the most throwback costumes in the entire series this games, since the story will be covering multiple games where characters wore more than just two costumes. It would be neat if everyone had at least 3 costumes this time. Maybe hoping for too much, but at the very least, they could offer the most classic costume DLC ever and make a ton of money doing it, I'd wager. Like how the entire cast of SoulCalibur IV's 2p costumes were customization parts, and how if they hadn't stopped releasing DLC for SoulCalibur V, we'd have had both 1p and 2p costumes for everyone as customization parts, imagine if they did full sets of the rest of the series.

Back