Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Yep, SCIV armor break was better because the pieces are broken/torn, not magically vanished like this one. An option would be great.
Unless it was on custom characters, anyway, then they just disappeared.

But I'm assuming that, like SoulCalibur V, it will be discovered how to make armor breaks not happen aesthetically with save file hex editing, so if you really hate it, there will be a way to, at least for your side, not have it happen.

But if the roster doesn’t get some extra slots it feels Yoshi, Lizzy, or Raph won’t be able to return going by leaks. Maybe Cervantes?
There is no "if the roster doesn't get some extra slots", since they've already confirmed that 20-slots is a placeholder. It's possible that it only means that the middle slot will also be a slot for bonus/DLC characters, which would be the worst case scenario, but it would make the most sense if they added at least four more slots, one to each corner, and if they did only just that, there would be enough slots for people to not worry.

Talim is boring, Amy is broken, Viola is cancer, and lolis are for pedophiles.
Talim is pure, Amy is innocent, Viola is mysterious, and lolis being sexualized are for pedophiles, but there's nothing wrong with the lolita fashion style in and of itself, which Viola represents without being underage. But if you lewd Talim and Amy, you're seriously doing it wrong.

Personally I like Amy for her fighting style more than anything else. Attraction wise I prefer Sophitia or Taki. I find it disturbing that there's supposedly a pedophile type attraction for the character with my favorite style. Wish I never new that, now I feel weird liking her best.... Though mostly I support her because unless she comes back, her style will likely be gone forever. Though will happily trade her for another character with her style. I mostly want it for CaS anyway.

Not that I'm obsessed, but the likely cuts of either Raph/Cervantes/Yoshimitsu/Lizardman is really irking me since they're series regulars. It's going to feel like a puzzle with a missing piece. If everyone's getting involved in the story I could see Yoshimitsu going. Lizzy might need a reason to go back to dual axes or he'd just be a generic enemy since Aeon is just one of many. Cervantes is the original antagonist and Raph is the one who frees Siegfried from Nightmare.

Not that I'm obsessed, but the likely cuts of either Raph/Cervantes/Yoshimitsu/Lizardman is really irking me since they're series regulars. It's going to feel like a puzzle with a missing piece. If everyone's getting involved in the story I could see Yoshimitsu going. Lizzy might need a reason to go back to dual axes or he'd just be a generic enemy since Aeon is just one of many. Cervantes is the original antagonist and Raph is the one who frees Siegfried from Nightmare.
I'm not concerned about any of those four. The ones I see being cut (and possibly added back in later as DLC) are Rock, the Koreans, and Setsuka.

I'm not concerned about any of those four. The ones I see being cut (and possibly added back in later as DLC) are Rock, the Koreans, and Setsuka.
I'm thinking the same since those make too much sense as DLC, whether people like it or not. Hilde obvious included since I had even specifically been told she would be. Which again, makes too much sense because she's from SCIV.
I guess my worry is there's always the possibility that they think one of those four (Raphael, Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, and Lizardman/Aeon) get sliced off and sold as DLC just to have a (controversial) incentive character for the Season Pass that they know people will feel obligated to get.
I don't like that kind of business practice at all. But it unfortunately works and companies care more about that kind of thing than anything.
The DLC being middling to lower end popularity characters with a character everyone can agree has name value and the track record they have since introduced to help sell the pass just feels like some kind of inevitability nowadays with games.

Well in order of an appearance in the main roster I’m sticking with Raphael/Cervantes/Lizzy/Yoshimitsu. Maybe Setsuka depending on how many make the cut.

Thoughts on Hwang as DLC? He seems like obvious DLC bait.

Kind of think Cassandra and Mi-Na make sense as DLC too since the former tends to be the main character of silly side stories and the latter is pretty much more popular than most of the secondary moveset users.

I’m convinced those convenient empty spaces are either randoms, custom characters, or even unlockables.

As long as we get no more guests.

Raph/Cervantes/Yoshimitsu/Lizardman
We're at 10/20. Those four plus the remainder of the leak (Maxi, Taki, Tira, and Talim) as well as Astaroth and Voldo = 10 characters. That's the safest guess IMO, assuming they're all returners. Otherwise, swap one or two from your list for newcomers (I hope they don't do that, but 20 characters is very little to work with).

Okubo said "it probably won't be 20" in his interview with Kayane, but for all we know that could mean 18 characters at launch. Assuming he does mean it'll be more than 20, my guess for the launch roster would be 22 characters (the ones I just listed + two newcomers), Edge Master, and a random-select slot. This fills up the four corners that are currently unoccupied, and then the empty space in the middle becomes the CaS slot once you start making customs. Otherwise, I hope we only have one more newcomer left to see.
Thoughts on Hwang as DLC? He seems like obvious DLC bait.
I think Hilde, Mina, Cassandra, or Amy would make more sense. Waifus sell, apparently.

Groh’s father seems like a boss to me so I’ll assume that he’ll be unlockable if that’s a thing. Maybe a mimic is also unlocked but I don’t want to see one after the last game.

Cassandra was also part of the leak.

Tekken 7 is leaving me paranoid too.

Groh’s father seems like a boss to me so I’ll assume that he’ll be unlockable if that’s a thing. Maybe a mimic is also unlocked but I don’t want to see one after the last game.

Cassandra was also part of the leak.

Tekken 7 is leaving me paranoid too.
Remember, okubo-san is running the game. Unlike daishi he is listening to us and he wants it to be as good as a game as it can be, just as much as we do. We just need to be patient and have a bit of faith in him. Don't worry, it'll be fine. :D
Yeah I think edge daddy will be a boss. I can easily see Cass being in, so I think we'll be fine. :)

I think Hwang as DLC is unlikely. Not only because Xianghua already exists, but I think a lot of people would be pissed if they actually wanted to charge people money for a character with such a similar kit to an already existing member of the roster.

I mean, if he was free...

I think Hwang as DLC is unlikely. Not only because Xianghua already exists, but I think a lot of people would be pissed if they actually wanted to charge people money for a character with such a similar kit to an already existing member of the roster.

I mean, if he was free...
Use SoulCalibur II Assassin and his SoulCalibur III+Arcade Edition movesets as a base, and Hwang will very much not be Xianghua.

I'm thinking the same since those make too much sense as DLC, whether people like it or not. Hilde obvious included since I had even specifically been told she would be. Which again, makes too much sense because she's from SCIV.
Wait, did i miss something?

Did your main source confirm Hilde's gonna be in the game or something?

I don't think Lizardman/Aeon is on lock to be in as some people think to be honest, his whole gimmick is not being human. I do think Raphael and Cervy are very unlikely to be skipped and I don't think it is impossible, but definitely unlikely, that Yoshi would.

Wait, did i miss something?

Did your main source confirm Hilde's gonna be in the game or something?
No, you read it wrong. Though I guess I was a little tired and could've worded that a little bit better because of that.
But like they told me before, Hilde's locked in as a DLC character as far as they've heard was my point to reiterate and highlight that she's obviously included among the types of characters that seem like prime DLC bait and candidates.

It still upsets me that Viola is/was considered broken. I really think that she had some obvious weaknesses that a lot of the other hard-hitters didn't have.

I think there were much more Cervs/Mitsu in tournaments just because they gave similar results with a much more BnB approach. Viola required at least some... Finesse?

I'd rather characters like Viola/aPat hold top positions than Cervy/Phyrra/Mitsu/Pat. I think every fighting game benefits from hard to master, but powerful, characters.

Back