Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Uh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain half-health or close to it in a single combo was pretty commonly possible for most characters back in SCV. Could be wrong as I haven't played in 3 years, but I recall that being fairly standard, albeit not always the easiest to do. Not saying that in defense of Viola specifically, so much as the half health thing comes across as not that broken if at all, if that's the case. That said, if I'm wrong, then I stand corrected and can see the issue if all or most aren't capable of at least 1-2 combos like that.

Edit: On the note of that touch of death nonsense, full-health combos while sometimes impressive to watch if they're really hard to pull off, are something that really shouldn't ever exist in my opinion.

Amy is adorable, I just don't get why you are supposed to be a pedophile if you like her concept as a videogame character.
She has a desolated background story and a unique personality which fits in Soul Calibur franchise:

83ed6da40e11fa9614ac120af39bc099--sorel-female-characters.jpg

Also she has excellent quotes like "Hope only brings disappointment." (I am sure you are reading this with Amy's voice - Heather Hogan)

I sincerely hope that Heather Hogan will be her voice actress given the case.
Maybe that's asking too much but I am already missing Crispin Freeman (Siegfried's voice actor in SCIII).

But I agree they took the fan-service route since SCIV.
If they bring her back I hope she will look more similar to her version in SCIII:

amy_sorel_by_ogodo.jpg

Plus I want the Romanian Valley - Castle Siege stage back:

soul_calibur__amy_wallpaper_by_nightwind_dragon-d34lfvs.jpg

I hope she will return next to Raphael so they can have this time a not so sad ending. There is potential here if they do it properly.

We have seen this before in videogames (and other medium). For instance, we have Ciri who Geralt treats as an own child (The Witcher). We also have Joel and Ellie (The Last of Us). It is something that works when it is nicely done. People can feel attached to them. If you are into X-Men, what do you think about Wolverine's mini-me successor (X-23 aka Laura)? Maybe they could extrapolate that to Soul Calibur... Amy could be Raphael's successor if things go wrong for him.

What I want to say is that if they bring Raphael back, then Amy should return too so both can have some relevance story-wise. On the other side, Viola sounds more like DLC content.

Last edited:
It's not really important what weaknesses you have, when you can take half of health with one combo, or do touch of death with full meter.
Her strength just makes her flaws irrelevant on broken-normal gauge.
Everyone can take half of someone's health in one combo in SC5, and Viola actually takes more effort to pull that off because she doesn't have that much burst in comparison to other characters. Also, if by "touch of death" you mean an infinite combo, explain why are you complaining about Viola when in SC4, Hilde was much worse.

So the Amy fanbase isn’t full of those deplorable types? Probably a sh*tpost discussion but we were discussing her.

I’m just really guarded. I know the dev isn’t Harada, but you can never be too sure if the same crap is going to get pulled.

I wonder what opinion on Viola would have been if she wasn't hilariously buffed in 1.02.

Also isn't Cervy harder to master than she is?

So the Amy fanbase isn’t full of those deplorable types? Probably a sh*tpost discussion but we were discussing her.

I’m just really guarded. I know the dev isn’t Harada, but you can never be too sure if the same crap is going to get pulled.

"Deplorable types" is that how you call them? I prefer to call them mentally f*cked that can only be cured with a gun xD
About her costume I don't know the SC4 seems to be a lot more popular, it was even made as a mod for TES4 and 5 for some obscure reason xD

I think being silent and only tweeting when a new character is revealed (or a tournament) is bad. Feels like we're dealing with bots. We need more.

It would be awesome if Okubo can share more stuff in the game, such as early concepts of character designs for the already announced characters. Stages, Break down videos, showcase videos, interviews with current members of PS. Plans for the future, etc... Or a simple weekly Q & A session with the fans on twitter would be lovely.

They can also show stuff like 2P costumes, those kind of things don't need an entire trailer (although that would be cool) or a big event to be shown. It's just an already-expected feature that the fans would definitely love to see while waiting for more character reveals and big announcements. Same with stages.

They need not only to get hype, but also to keep it high until release and they are failing at that with those month-sized holes in announcements (or any communication really).
I think it's fine what's the point to show everything the game have to offer, it's a Fighting game anyway it won't have that much actual content aside fighting :o they should keep a lot in and drop all at E3 that would make a biger impact on eventual buyers.
We the fans are gonna buy it regardless, but casuals aren't really gonna follow all the news or look for every small reveal we get once a month.

OMG i'm so excited for the game and IVY!! Especially IVY... and the game too OC!! Need this game ASAP.

And yeah i think it will be cool if they do some hype stuffs inbetween reveals, like something similar to Kombat Kast for MKX would be cool or more longer/sicker breakdowns similar to Geralt's.

Last edited:
Way back in 2007, Brawl would do daily reveals of all sorts of random things—items, trophies, artwork, music, etc—in between the more significant reveals like characters. I wish more games would follow that model, if nothing else to build up hype.
Smash 4 did that too. There was a daily fun fact every weekday in the year before launch.

I'm playing God Of War now and it really remind me how i miss a combat system with weapons all with mythological Atmosphere Aka Ala Soul Calibur in its Old School form.

SC6 is looking so great so far, and the choice of Geralt as a Guest is just too perfect. For the mother of god Bamco let's keep it that way and don't add some Devil Jin, Akuma or others non fitting nonsensical guest characters, for the THE MOTHER OF THE LOVE AND THE GOD!!! :praying:

or the mother of god Bamco let's keep it that way and don't add some Devil Jin, Akuma or others non fitting nonsensical guest characters, for the THE MOTHER OF THE LOVE AND THE GOD!!! :praying:
Oh, be quiet! You and I both know that her majesty Ivy is all we need.

p.s. DJ as a CaS only option was cancer, though. Please, no more of that.

I'm playing God Of War now and it really remind me how i miss a combat system with weapons all with mythological Atmosphere Aka Ala Soul Calibur in its Old School form.

SC6 is looking so great so far, and the choice of Geralt as a Guest is just too perfect. For the mother of god Bamco let's keep it that way and don't add some Devil Jin, Akuma or others non fitting nonsensical guest characters, for the THE MOTHER OF THE LOVE AND THE GOD!!! :praying:

That historic feel with some fantasy elements was one of the main reasons I liked SoulCalibur. IV and V didn’t have that feel. I hope they return to that theme. Also, DJ was a terrible idea and a waste of time. Could they just keep tekken and SC separate!

I can’t believe there are actual Viola sympathizers lol I use her every single tournament and even I don’t try to deny the fact that she’s dumb broken. But this is the SC6 thread not the why SC5 Viola obviously needed to be fixed thread so let’s move on.
No, I totally get that she had some lopsided shenanigans, but it's the 'dumb-broken' that I take objection to.

Did you dominate every tournament you went to? You can't out-skill 'dumb-broken.' I've played against some pretty harsh anti-viola game and also just been beaten with classic space/punish. She's strong, but still less forgiving than the usual tourney favorites. I think her representation in tournaments speaks volumes given that she's also pretty fun to play.

Back