Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

The idea of a mimic character can be done well in two ways, so I wouldn't mind one of each:
  • One moveset per round, like Edge Master, Olcadan and many others, it gives a fun challenge to players, as they have to adapt to the constant change, and rewards those who are good with all movesets of the game.
  • A moveset that incorporates attacks from all other movesets, like Necrid, making an original playstyle with repeated attacks. Another character that does that well is Double, from Skullgirls, as each of her moves transforms her into other characters and she uses their attacks, yet plays in a different way than any of the roster, just like Necrid.

I think SC3 Kilik is the best, it was more detailed without being over the top, and he also looked very sexy in it.
Sc3-kilik-01.jpg

I think that one is more about controversial stuff.
Plus, it resembled his SC1 appearance minus the ponytail and the long Dvapara Yuga chain draped around his shoulder.

The idea of a mimic character can be done well in two ways, so I wouldn't mind one of each:
  • One moveset per round, like Edge Master, Olcadan and many others, it gives a fun challenge to players, as they have to adapt to the constant change, and rewards those who are good with all movesets of the game.
  • A moveset that incorporates attacks from all other movesets, like Necrid, making an original playstyle with repeated attacks. Another character that does that well is Double, from Skullgirls, as each of her moves transforms her into other characters and she uses their attacks, yet plays in a different way than any of the roster, just like Necrid.
If we're doing it Necrid-style, I would rather it be more like Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat, where you can do an input in battle to change styles on the fly. That would be really cool and allow for some insane levels of trickery, swapping from someone like Talim into Astaroth then Yoshimitsu and finally Nightmare, all in the same round.

I don't consider necrid a mimic, though I get what you mean. I enjoyed using him in 2 and would welcome another 'mimic' in that same way as you say.

If we're doing it Necrid-style, I would rather it be more like Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat, where you can do an input in battle to change styles on the fly. That would be really cool and allow for some insane levels of trickery, swapping from someone like Talim into Astaroth then Yoshimitsu and finally Nightmare, all in the same round.

Oh god no. Please that would be broken as fuck. Think of Tekken Tag but with 4 characters. No. just no.

Instead of wasting time and resources on stupid mimics (model, voice over, alt costume, etc..) why not just have that property as an option in Character Creation? Instead of giving one single style to a character, you can have the option of having him work as a mimic. Randomly switching between styles. It would be neat to also choose if you want it to mimic only male or female. Or you can even make it more specific where you can choose the certain styles you'd like to mimic and what not.

Instead of wasting time and resources on stupid mimics (model, voice over, alt costume, etc..) why not just have that property as an option in Character Creation? Instead of giving one single style to a character, you can have the option of having him work as a mimic. Randomly switching between styles. It would be neat to also choose if you want it to mimic only male or female. Or you can even make it more specific where you can choose the certain styles you'd like to mimic and what not.
The way I look at it, Inferno is bound to be in SoulCalibur VI again anyway, given that we're revisiting SoulCalibur I. I would also like to see them implement Elysium into the story earlier to be Inferno's enemy, and a reboot is a good cause for them to do that, instead of having Soul Calibur's true form be a mystery for no apparent reason. And, that being the case, would you rather Inferno and Elysium just have their own unique movesets completely, or just have them fulfill the male and female mimic roles as they're apt to do?

And, of course, Edge Master is the classic mimic, and has story relevance, so it's not like he's being recreated, since his assets already exist in SoulCalibur V, so it wouldn't be much work to convert that to SoulCalibur VI, not nearly so much work as what they've done for Sophitia and Mitsurugi, recreating and redesigning their SoulCalibur I looks for the current graphical quality of the game. What always got me is why we even bothered with Charade and Olcadan, when Edge Master exists and is what you think of when you think mimic, much like the Mokujin from Tekken.

WTF is the SC2 musique official or placeholder? Or maybe there was as well an SC2 borne there?

Damn it man just hearing SC2 sounds make me helllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaa excited OMG!!!

WTF is the SC2 musique official or placeholder? Or maybe there was as well an SC2 borne there?

Damn it man just hearing SC2 sounds make me helllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaa excited OMG!!!
It sounds like they had it playing in the general area, not coming from the game itself, since it played across all menus and everything.

But I'll take it to mean Talim is confirmed. :sc2tal1:

Hehe :D

I'm actually watching some old SC tournament footages, and man, it's really not that usual to see that level of hype even today, and even in Capcom Cup

Seriously i hope this game will be legendary and one of the most played Fighting game, if not the most played in tournaments, just like the SC2 Era.

It sounds like they had it playing in the general area, not coming from the game itself, since it played across all menus and everything.

Well Lost Swords was teased with SCIV music, more importantly with the SC/Star Wars music. Yet we didn't see any SW character in LS xD

Well Lost Swords was teased with SCIV music, more importantly with the SC/Star Wars music. Yet we didn't see any SW character in LS xD
I'd chalk that up to unfortunately the climactic part of the SCIV opening being Star Wars. Their point was they were bringing back SCIV favorites, and they certainly did do that.

The way I look at it, Inferno is bound to be in SoulCalibur VI again anyway, given that we're revisiting SoulCalibur I. I would also like to see them implement Elysium into the story earlier to be Inferno's enemy, and a reboot is a good cause for them to do that, instead of having Soul Calibur's true form be a mystery for no apparent reason. And, that being the case, would you rather Inferno and Elysium just have their own unique movesets completely, or just have them fulfill the male and female mimic roles as they're apt to do?

And, of course, Edge Master is the classic mimic, and has story relevance, so it's not like he's being recreated, since his assets already exist in SoulCalibur V, so it wouldn't be much work to convert that to SoulCalibur VI, not nearly so much work as what they've done for Sophitia and Mitsurugi, recreating and redesigning their SoulCalibur I looks for the current graphical quality of the game. What always got me is why we even bothered with Charade and Olcadan, when Edge Master exists and is what you think of when you think mimic, much like the Mokujin from Tekken.
It'd be cool if they brought Elysium back, but I wonder how it's gonna look like, since in SCV it had Sophitia's appearance only due to Patroklos being its host. This time it has to be Xianghua wielding Soulcalibur, so it might take a shape of her deceased relative/friend. Or maybe just be like Inferno for Soul Edge, some sort of entity/spirit.

As to Edge Master not returning in every game, I personally preferred Charade being a mimic way more than Edge Master, even enjoyed playing him, whereas never liked or played Edge Master. Switching mimic characters for every title sounds as a decent idea to me.

It'd be cool if they brought Elysium back, but I wonder how it's gonna look like, since in SCV it had Sophitia's appearance only due to Patroklos being its host. This time it has to be Xianghua wielding Soulcalibur, so it might take a shape of her deceased relative/friend. Or maybe just be like Inferno for Soul Edge, some sort of entity/spirit.
I'd see Elysium as a water spirit, to counter Inferno being a fire spirit. Soul Calibur has been shown to be associated with water with Xianghua and ice with Siegfried and Patroklos. Plus, the obvious in that water is blue, and fire is red, and those are the associative colors with the two spirit swords. It wouldn't necessarily have to take some form to manipulate Xianghua, and I'm not even really sure who it would choose. If the rumors are to be believed, and Kilik is going to be more important this time, it may take the form of Xianglian, as a possible angle, but I don't know if I want Elysium to always have to take some human-like form, it could easily just be a mass of souls like Inferno is at times.

As to Edge Master not returning in every game, I personally preferred Charade being a mimic way more than Edge Master, even enjoyed playing him, whereas never liked or played Edge Master. Switching mimic characters for every title sounds as a decent idea to me.
I'd like Olcadan back but as a furry ONLY
I suppose there is a bit of wiggle room with the generic mimic, then. I just feel like a fanbase who wants the veterans to return almost always would want the old warrior back each game. I really like him, personally, feeling like he is the embodiment of what it means to be a mimic, and he's more interesting than Mokujin from Tekken, just being a humanoid tree spirit thing or whatever. Charade just comes across like a discount Inferno, and Olcadan the O RLY? owl was just memed to death in the time of SoulCalibur III. But if we're going with always getting a new mimic, then that would mean we'd be getting something entirely new, what do you think would make a good brand-new mimic?

A bit off top, but I'm a bit concerned there's gonna be no new female characters, especially with this Edge Lord and his dad making 2 new chars already. Really looking forward to some new girl, as Hilde, added in SCIV, and Viola in SCV were pretty unique and totally contributed to the game.

Back