Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

On how a bow and arrow character could work... I mean if we're going for some wild fighting styles after Groh and his twinblades, we might as well try to find a way to justify an archer.

I dunno, i've never played Link SC2 actually but i heard he was great and fun to play, so why not XD

Another thing it would be great, see her with long hair and a costume that fits with her long hair....this can be made via CAS though, but it would be nice to see an actual costume of her using long hair, something like Nina from Tekken would use.

Ugh these leaks just disappoint me because Raphael isn't on them. "Likely" isn't good enough for me.

I wonder if they'll ditch the vampire/ghost nonsense and just go back to making him a regular douchebag. Alternately, if he was just a skeleton with the same voice talking shit that would also be acceptable. Just imagine his skull rattling away "FOOL" as he stabs left and right
Him being a vampire is the only thing that stood out with him to me. Beyond that hes just a regular human and no different from a generic fighter character just to fit the weapon style, like in other fighting games. His SC3 design though is what I liked over where he went in SC IV & V where they made him super ugly. Hes just forgettable when too human. Same thing with generic SCV Cervantes.

I thought I was the only one who noticed, but Raph was a somewhat cute, in a Hollywood teen psycho who grew up to be an angst adult kinda of way, while in IV /V he looks really weird.

DQiJJ-tWAAEACF8.jpg

Also this art of the OGs is so nostalgic. My favorite part is Sophie looking like Sieg older sister forcing her introspective brother pose in a family picture lol.

Last edited:
Makes me feel weird that I like the early era artsstyle. Not too fond of newer anime art styles to be honest although the new art looks more like anime-ized D&D art I guess.

Him being a vampire is the only thing that stood out with him to me. Beyond that hes just a regular human and no different from a generic fighter character just to fit the weapon style, like in other fighting games. His SC3 design though is what I liked over where he went in SC IV & V where they made him super ugly. Hes just forgettable when too human. Same thing with generic SCV Cervantes.
This opinion is so weird to me. Are you also bothered by the fact that Mitsurugi, Xianghua, Sophitia, Maxi, Taki, Yun-Seong, Talim, Siegfried and Seung-Mina are regular humans? Would they be improved by turning them into ghosts, vampires, demons, zombies, lizards, robots and/or aliens?

Also, a gunsword-wielding, teleporting pirate is forgettable to you? For real?

I like the more grounded, "realistic" characters, since they make the weirdos and freaks stand out more. But they're generally cool and interesting on their own merits too.

DQiJJ-tWAAEACF8.jpg

Also this art of the OGs is so nostalgic. My favorite part is Sophie looking like Sieg older sister forcing her introspective brother pose in a family picture lol.
I honestly thought they could be siblings before playing edge master mode lol

This opinion is so weird to me. Are you also bothered by the fact that Mitsurugi, Xianghua, Sophitia, Maxi, Taki, Yun-Seong, Talim, Siegfried and Seung-Mina are regular humans? Would they be improved by turning them into ghosts, vampires, demons, zombies, lizards, robots and/or aliens?

I like the more grounded, "realistic" characters, since they make the weirdos and freaks stand out more. But they're generally cool and interesting on their own merits too.
Not for the sake of the characters all having superpowers, just that the vampire direction made him stand out ontop of his character and his aesthetic. He never really had anything going for him before than than just being a smug rapier user. Besides Seigfried the other characters are kind of meh outside of just familiarity. Its already been said that coincidentally the characters you mentioned really don't have stories that bring them anywhere in the series already as well. I've already mentioned how meh Seung Mi-Na is not really having a real purpose, same with Xianghua, and Maxi's being the same thing in every game. Runners up for at least standing out without being supernatural are Siegfried and Sophitia simply because they had the most plot focus.

I'm not asking for Darkstalkers, but anything that makes the characters a bit less plainly human does make them visually stand out.
A 50/50 cast on who is supernatural and who isn't isn't a problem to me, its just about who has what in addition to being human or where their stories have gone if just human. Having spiritual powers if just that like Talim and Zasalamel is enough to count too.

Pardon, what? Mitsurugi, Maxi and Yun-Seong are the only "normal" ones among those you mentioned. Xianghua was always an user of Soul Calibur, and even in SC3 (that I remember, can't confirm if she had before), she has what seemed to be a chi attack, and later she got more magical with her Critical Finish in SC4. Sophitia's sword and shield were also known to be magical, and that got even more obvious in SC4 as well. Taki can teleport and can cause explosions with her hands. Talim was already known to call upon the wind to easily destroy Soul Edge in SC3, and her abilities got much more powerful in her SC4 endings too. Siegfried was Nightmare for a long time. And Seong Mi-na's Critical Finish also has a lot of fire. Which one of those were you calling normal again?

Ghost pirates are, in general, forgettable, so I can understand his position. Besides, "gunsword" isn't that impressive, to be completely honest, and teleporting, while great, hardly makes anyone unique.

I guess Soul Calibur isn't the game for you, then. We hardly ever had any actual realistic characters, this is a fantasy game.

I really would like to know their approach regarding stages. As it's a reboot I'm expecting some old ones revisited as in Eurydice Shrine, but Snow: capped showdown is completely new. Wondering if stages are more story related or character related.

I thought I was the only one who noticed, but Raph was a somewhat cute, in a Hollywood teen psycho who grew up to be an angst adult kinda of way, while in IV /V he looks really weird.

DQiJJ-tWAAEACF8.jpg

I would love to see those costumes as DLC in SCVI.

Honestly? I did rather have an assassin again since it would be cheaper to recycle it, than to make one new pointless new guest character.

Honestly? I did rather have an assassin again since it would be cheaper to recycle it, than to make one new pointless new guest character.
So you don't want a guest character, because it would be pointless, but you would still want an Assassin to be a copy of Ezio, which is even more pointless than adding something new?

I never really ththoug of this until now, but I'd really like to see a fully-realized Revenant. I'm alrewdyal a big fan of skeletonsmen, and I think it would be cool to see him with his own unique style.

So you don't want a guest character, because it would be pointless, but you would still want an Assassin to be a copy of Ezio, which is even more pointless than adding something new?
Because it is cheaper, if they have too get a guest.

Because it is cheaper, if they have too get a guest.
Not in the long run. A guest character that plays almost the same as another one will never bring as much hype as an entirely new one, which will bring more players to the game, and, as such, make more money.

Back