Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I thought Amy was just fanservice since she didn’t have a real alt and her voice was available for CaS. Plus Li Long and Hwang should have come back. Of course, Rock was somewhat a similar case to Amy, even sharing Astaroth’s Critical Finish. And they’re not the guest designs.

Wow fun fact after looking into more costumes I just realized Sophie's color 2 is based off of her SB 2P costume.
latest
upload_2018-3-2_19-3-32.png

I always wondered why they made her color 2 that ugly ass orange lol it's pretty cool they did that though

Friendly reminder that falling for pre-order bait garbage is how we got a character locked behind PO in SCV.
Yeah, but they did it with Eliza in T7 and i believe Dragon Ball Fighters too..so i see a tendence, and this isnt gonna change, being realistic. At least thats what i think, as long as dont be a core, classic or beloved character, its fine to me.

I think DBF was the one out of those 2 that let you buy the PO characters on release though, rather than having to wait a month or something with Eliza.

Well let’s wait and see first, people I’ve also been corrected that they didn’t show alts till near release last time.

DBFZ's early unlocks of SSB Goku and Vegeta is entirely different from an actual paid DLC character like Eliza.

I don't know why people are naysaying already when the game was only just announced and we barely have any information yet. I doubt they're just going to leave out alternate costumes when every game so far has had them.

The first Dragon Ball Xenoverse had Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta as a Day One Edition exclusive and never came out as DLC ever, and that was annoying as hell. I really hope we're not doing that for SoulCalibur VI. I don't think they will, worst case we'll just have another Dampierre situation like SoulCalibur V, but we may not even get that, if the rumor about 6 DLC characters post-launch is true, they may just all seriously be post-launch.

I just got excited seeing the alert mentioning Verge.

Just afraid it will be a gag character. Could even be non-Nightmare Siegfried or if that rumor is right, Cervantes.

I don't know why people are naysaying already when the game was only just announced and we barely have any information yet. I doubt they're just going to leave out alternate costumes when every game so far has had them.
It's likely because Tekken already cut alternates, and they had alternates before, but nothing says that SoulCalibur has to follow in Tekken's footsteps. The thing is, though, the fact that Tekken isn't about customization nearly as much as SoulCalibur makes this comparison a bit invalid, if you ask me. And yes, it's a shame that the alternate Amy costume from SoulCalibur III never came back, such a waste. Ditto for Hwang and Li Long's finished movesets. I really do hope that they and this costume makes it in to SoulCalibur VI, it's been a long time and she could use some alternative fashion.

I REALLY need Cassandra's reveal soon and...who'd be up for some legacy stage remakes?? (Talim's SCII stage anyone? Or maybe Xianhua's stage from SCIII?)

Even though Tekken 7 gets used a lot as a negative example, I'd love it if SoulCalibur VI characters got the same treatment that the popular characters (e.g. Heihachi, Asuka, Xiaoyu, etc.) got in Tekken 7. They had two default costumes, each with two colors. Everyone had ten custom spots for players to make their own versions. And most of them had at least two unique costumes among their customization options, although it some times had to be unlocked via randomized loot boxes. Aside from that last part, I hope SC 6 characters get that many costume options.
I hope it too. You'll be disappointed to see that there are not any 2nd outfit.

Back