Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So since we're back to complaining about the release and could unexpectedly blow up about Maxi's preferences at any given moment, how about we worry about that timer and the "select your character" window? That's definitely more concerning.

So since we're back to complaining about the release and could unexpectedly blow up about Maxi's preferences at any given moment, how about we worry about that timer and the "select your character" window? That's definitely more concerning.
You have a point. I'm sure they'll increase the window size to fit more characters so we could get around 25-28. The question is, where will the random select slot be?

You have a point. I'm sure they'll increase the window size to fit more characters so we could get around 25-28. The question is, where will the random select slot be?
I'm still thinking they'll take the 20-slot model, add 4 corner slots, and the bottom left will be creation and the bottom right will be random. From there, they can either add slots to all four sides or use the blank center space for "bonus characters" like SoulCalibur III, including the DLC folks inside as well.

Keep Dampierre, Algol, and any mimics away.

Dampierre is number one waifu though. Mimics? Maybe, if they only have just one this time I'm okay with it. Algol? Well, to be honest while I know that he made Soul Calibur and is the most powerful person in the world of Soul Calibur I find him to be really underwhelming. He just isn't as interesting as the likes of Zasalamel, Nightmare and Tira who make better villains. I'd even say that even Raphael and Astaroth (the former I don't even like) are more interesting than him and would even be great to see them as main antagonists.

The ones I mentioned I would want to see come back than Algol. I really was disappointed to find that he made it in at V back in the day.

I wonder what Lord Vergeben has to say about this release date thing.
I talked with them about it and as far as they know and heard, there is a very high chance of it being pushed up and no longer a Q4 release, which had November as the target because of it being close to the series' anniversary (which is early December, so it sounded like it was intended to be a late November release to be out in time for the anniversary).
Currently can't confirm or deny the June 29th release date.
But Microsoft Store is usually wrong with their put up earlier than announced release dates. A few months too early usually.
If there is smoke to it, then a late June release date screams of it being rushed out for one reason or another. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Last edited:
Being the sadistic little bastard that I am, I would love to point out that it is entirely probable that they are pulling our leg with these limited reveals and that a lot more is complete than they are letting on, just so that they can wind up a huge hype train with reveal upon reveal during the last months before the game releases~

So do keep your wishful thinking and hopes up, I'll just be sitting here, reading the posts and chomping on pop-corn :D

I don't believe a June 29th release date, and IMO, i don't want this early release. I don't want to play a rushed game, a SCV version 2. They can take their time with the game, if the game has to be released between Fall/Winter 2018, then it seems better to me

Being the sadistic little bastard that I am, I would love to point out that it is entirely probable that they are pulling our leg with these limited reveals and that a lot more is complete than they are letting on, just so that they can wind up a huge hype train with reveal upon reveal during the last months before the game releases~

So do keep your wishful thinking and hopes up, I'll just be sitting here, reading the posts and chomping on pop-corn :D

Lol. I suppose we'll get at least 2, 3 characters reveals between April and May, and then, incredible news will come at E3 or later such as EVO or something like this. With infos on the modes, final roster, CaS, Story mode, etc...

I don't believe a June 29th release date, and IMO, i don't want this early release. I don't want to play a rushed game, a SCV version 2. They can take their time with the game, if the game has to be released between Fall/Winter 2018, then it seems better to me

Lol. I suppose we'll get at least 2, 3 characters reveals between April and May, and then, incredible news will come at E3 or later such as EVO or something like this. With infos on the modes, final roster, CaS, Story mode, etc...
Actually they've been developing the game since 2013.

The informations I did gather about a release date were talking about at least after september... did they changed their mind? If it's the case, that's a bad news, the game will be rushed.

Funny thing : I did heard this 10 days ago so... maybe I got fooled. Wait and see next days.

Last edited:
Back