Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

ASTAROTH
DbJsDbTXcAAa-25.jpg

First I was hyped but now I’m disappointed. RIP!

Random Lizzy thought:

If he doesn’t get the two axes back, couldn’t he be a bonus character like in SC2? I mean they’re involved in part of Maxi’s story as slaughtering his crew so they’re kind of needed.

Seems more relevant than Yoshimitsu in this regard.

Just hoping the DLC Cervy rumor isn’t true.

FYI, updates on the official website happen on Fridays. If we're getting info about a game mode and not a character, that might still happen within 18 hours.

Feels like most of the starting cast stages might be remade with some new ones like the snowy one. The brief glimpses at the Indian Port remake looks pretty cool since they felt generally same-y.

As long as we don’t get a lot of Astral Chaos/Towers...

People hoping for weekly reveals, I remembered something that the Namco guy mentioned on that IGN stream. He said something to the effect of, "I think a big chunk of the reveals are going to happen at an upcoming event."

The IGN guy asked what event that was, and the only response was "I can't tell you."

Damn you man, i believed that crap for 5 seconds!!...'

I don't even play Asta and i got excited AF, now i need to see him in the game and very curious on how he'll look.

So many veterans not revealed yet tho when you think about it, Asta, Talim, Taki, Raph, Lizardman, Yun Seung, Mina, Cervantes, Yoshimitsu, Maxi, Cassandra, Tira, Voldo, Hilde and Setsuka.

Reactions: Pac
Well E3 is coming in a few months... We should probably just expect characters for May. Let's try not to get too hyped. We then get crotchety.

Today I had a dream in which I seen a character reveal trailer and it was Taki and Cerv.
Next reveal confirmed.
Mine was Maxi and Taki l0l

The desert stage would be cool or a canyon in SC6
Bound to happen.

latest

People hoping for weekly reveals, I remembered something that the Namco guy mentioned on that IGN stream. He said something to the effect of, "I think a big chunk of the reveals are going to happen at an upcoming event."

The IGN guy asked what event that was, and the only response was "I can't tell you."
Wait, really?
You officially broke 90% of 8WR's fanbase l0l

The trolling aside there, I do feel like there will wind up being some kind of Code Vein crossover CAS parts for SCVI.
It just feels like a thing that is going to happen.

E3 seems like a good place to dump multiple character reveals on people.
Regardless of if Maxi is revealed next month, the fact that I was explicitly told about his story being highlighted the way that it is on SCVI with Astaroth killing his crew, and specifically his lover, that seems like prime content for some kind of story trailer that teases some of the main beats in the story.
Regardless of if Maxi's lover is playable or not, that would be Maxi and Astaroth revealed together.
Even though I haven't personally heard Lizardman or Aeon yet, the fact that in the old version of the story, Astaroth attacks Maxi's crew with an army of Lizardmen, so that would theoretically be 3 character reveals just right there if he is still part of all that.

If Taki isn't revealed next month, she seems like the perfect type to do at E3. Same goes for Talim since so many eyes will be on E3 and she's the big casual request next to Taki, who has the support of both.
Then there's the case of Grøh's Papi, who feels like he'd either be revealed at E3, or one of the last reveals before launch.
Character Creation and customization seems like the type of thing they'd first introduce at E3 for obvious reasons, then detail further up to launch.
It'll be interesting to see how they go about reveals between next month and E3.

Mine was Maxi and Taki l0l

Bound to happen.

latest

Sorry for going off-topic, but this is one of my favorite SC stages, along with Talim's SCIII stage. Whatever stages we get, I really hope they won't be as bleak and unvaried as the stages in Tekken 7. So far, the SCVI stages look nice, but I do hope they'll add some smaller, more confined stages, where you can really see the details (possibly interactive?), and that we won't get just large squares of land with waterfalls and statues far in the background.

Back