Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I love Amy, I love Viola. I love them both as characters and their playstyles.

I would love if they were both in SCVI. I mean, Amy and Viola could be twin sisters, that's one way to explain it.

Amy was an orphan, the possibility of her having a sister isn't really far fetched. Maybe Viola was taken in by gypsies which would explain her appearance and orb wielding. Whereas, Amy was taken in by Raphael where she learnt the rapier style.

Last edited:
I would love if they were both in SCVI. I mean, Amy and Viola could be twin sisters, that's one way to explain it.

Amy was an orphan, the possibility of her having a sister isn't really far fetched. Maybe Viola was taken in by gypsies which would explain her appearance and orb weilding. Whereas, Amy was taken in by Raphael where she learnt the rapier style.
Then where was Amy during SoulCalibur V

Did she move to Korea? :sc3hwang1::sc2min2::sc2yun2::sc4amy1:

I love Viola's style because it "kinda" gives weaponless female fighting style that I always wanted in SC. Sometimes I just throw the ball away and fight barehanded.

Then where was Amy during SoulCalibur V

Did she move to Korea? :sc3hwang1::sc2min2::sc2yun2::sc4amy1:
Well, I was talking about how they could go about their apperances in the reboot...

But yeah, she most probably did seems that they're always left out too hahah.

In all seriousness though, in SCV Amy was missing, so the twin theory could have worked then too, but we'll never know now. I do like your theory on what happened to Amy and how she evolved into Viola!

It would have been a lot better if PS actually gave us an explanation then..

Just give Amy the crystal ball. No reason to have two Raphaels just because one is popular.
OR just give Raphael a Crystal ball, and leave the more popular Raphael replacement in.
But seriously, Raphael really needs some kind of rework I don't know what happened, but whatever they do with him, he just feels boring to play, at least to me. He was kinda fine in SC2, but that's about it.

No reason to have two Raphaels.
Hahaha, okay but Raphael's and Amy's playstyles are completely different. Just because they both wield a rapier doesn't mean they play the same.

Amy having the crystal ball wouldn't make sense unless they gave us some explanation and even then fans would be angry because they are losing out on her rapier style. Having both Amy and Viola would be ideal, but giving one of them the others style would just cause more anger in the fanbase.

I miss "La Rapière des Sorel" fighting style. Such a graceful and somewhat dancer-like moves... perfect for Amy.

I am not a fan of Viola. In fact, I would not mind if they gave the crystal ball to Raphael (as Alucard said) so Amy can wield a rapier as it was originally intended.

Jokes aside, just let Raphael and Amy share the same fighting style (using rapier) with some retouches given their different personalities. Raphael must be in the main roster. Amy could be an unlockable character as in Soul Calibur III.

Viola could be sold as a DLC considering she has her own fighting style. Most people would pay for that.

Or just give us all three characters right from the start as it should be.

Last edited:
About Viola, i hate her in sc5 because is to broken,
-infinite combos, bugs that give her advantage, low risk high reward, good in all ranges, etc etc.
-she has 2 diferent frame data for 1 move(with or without orb) that makes even harder to study the matchup.

I dont mind if she is included in sc6, but please balance her ass LOL

Ugh, that barefooted Groh at the beginning is just plain stupid. :-| I really hope they give us option to lock individual parts of equipment from breaking...
I think that's what they should do tbh, it'll make armour break tolerable for many more people. Especially for CaS, because custom armour breaks are the best :D

I'd like to see both come back honestly. However they explain the 2 is fine by me, so long as it's actually coherent and fits in somewhere to clear things up more. I've enjoyed both and had them as pocket characters before. Personally, I also enjoy fighting both of them. Only exception with Viola being when the infinite nonsense was being abused by my opponent, which I usually tried to prevent. Enough time against any matchup can eventually lead to learning ways to win, and I fought her quite a bit, though she did seem/feel a little broken occasionally. I'm curious, what bugs did she have actually? Only bug I recall having ever encountered was Algol's throne on his arm for a whole match occasionally which was hilarious to me.

Edit: Also, I feel like SCVI could suitably make Viola's style more fun to use and fight, while being easier to deal with for those who had issues. Less of the glaring issues like the infinite combos. After seeing Sieg's trailer compared to Nightmare, I feel Raph and Amy could easily be far more heavily different and fun in their respective ways. They've proven that's not impossible or unreasonable.

Or maybe have Raphael and leave Amy and Viola at home. That's the best option.
Or maybe, just maybe not, I wasn't kidding when I said that they really need to change Raph style, go full Castlevania on him, give him a whip, make him shoot small fireballs, and big magma rocks and also laugh when he attacks, wait he already does that xD

I still think they'll just give Viola's orb to Amy if either gets back. Amy's moveset is unique, but then again, her unique moves can still be transferred to Raphael. Also, don't give "It was too OP" as an excuse, okay? The only reason Viola wasn't nerfed is because SC5 simply didn't get updates for that, there are even some DLC that went unreleased, she would have been changed with time if the game received support (same for weak ones like Ezio and Devil Jin), but it didn't.

Back