Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Hey everyone,

Recently I started recording SCVI Character Trailer Breakdown videos where I talk about the character a little bit and then compare moves shown in the trailers to the previous Soulcalibur games. I talk in Polish but there are English subtitles available. So far there are 3 videos: Siegfried, Sophitia and Taki. I had some microphone issues when recording the Siegfried video but it should be better with the following videos (not to mention, I have just bought a Blue Yeti microphone so this problem should never be present anymore). I plan to cover all characters* and since I started this only a few weeks ago I still have a lot chars to cover, including Mitsurugi.

Playlist: https://8wayrun.com/media/playlists/scvi-character-trailer-breakdown.110/

This is the first time I am doing such videos so any comments on how to improve are welcome :).

* - I'd say that the only exception here would be Geralt, unless he is given a new trailer, as what we could see so far was mainly for show (I doubt most of the attacks he used will be included in his moveset).

So just to clarify.... the unconfirmed confirmed roster so far is:

-Talim
-Tira
-Voldo
-Cassandra
-Maxi
-Astaroth
-Daddy Edgelord

11 characters have been confirmed, and with this it would give us a total of 18 characters so far. Base roster is at LEAST 20 given slots, but will probably be more. So this means that if we get the bare minimum, there are only 2 characters left to be revealed that we don't know.

Also @Vergeben lmk if I missed any of your leaked characters lol
Yes, those are the ones still not revealed that I know of. As I said before and will say again, I still don't know the full roster. But putting it all together who I've leaked, it's becoming a bit easier and easier to figure out who the ones that haven't been leaked to me will likely wind up being there.

It was mentioned on an earlier page in this thread because it was briefly discussed again, but Cassandra is the only one that's not a hard yes like all the others I've been leaked as she was leaked by proxy of the wording my source gave me when Lost Swords characters were mentioned and who is being carried over and who isn't, with her named as one of the characters who is most likely appearing that was in that, but wasn't part of SCV.

As you know, Seong Mi-Na was the one who was said to probably not for reasons I'm not sure of exactly other than story irrelevance probably hurting her chances as a launch roster character due to SCVI's strong story focus.

Then there's the Amy and Viola thing, which is an uncertainty and not completely clear on what's going on with them other than murmurings that Viola will replace Amy from now on and nothing known for sure if whichever version they go with winds up being launch or DLC. But with characters from III-V said to be saved as DLC, it's obvious that the most popular carryover from SCV would be Viola.

Cassandra probably has no reason to be in if Sophitia doesn’t marry Rothian and therefore carry those two hellspawn.

Mi-Na feels like a worse Kilik sadly, but at least she has spears and halberds.

The only characters not leaked at this point that are considered staples are Yoshimitsu, Raphael, Aeon and Cervantes. I do find it hard to believe we will only just have a base of twenty when the game ships to stores.The only character I kind of see being removed is Aeon, but even then that will be odd seeing how this game is a reboot and he and his fellow lizardmen with Astaroth attacked Maxi's crew. Then again this is a reboot... and that can be taken out.

I doubt they'd remove Yoshimitsu, he placed very high in the character poll and Cervantes and Raphael are too important to take out.

...sigh. This is a stressful guessing game.

The reason for the alleged delays is the crashing in the Ivy/Geralt build (the one Xbox Mag got to play). Apparently Tekken 7 had similar issues during development, and it turned out just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Guys I don't want to make you upset and sad, but there are rumours that the game has been delayed! I don't trust anyone in the internet but I really hope that are only bad rumours....

I'll be sad if Namco is prioritizing story when it comes to deciding which characters should be in the game. It's stuff like that which led to characters like Pyrrha Omega and Elysium. They should just go with characters who are the most fun to play as, and then figure out a way to add them to the story (or just not have them in the story mode, that's fine too). Gameplay should always be the priority.

Guys I don't want to make you upset and sad, but there are rumours that the game has been delayed! I don't trust anyone in the internet but I really hope that are only bad rumours....
This was talked about a few pages back. If they are behind schedule, I'd personally be fine with a delay. They definitely shouldn't rush it out the door if it means cutting major content to meet the release deadline. That said, it would be nice if the guy in the video had a better source than "I think I heard that..."

Yeah, a rushed product is the last thing I want. Knowing that the game exists and is being worked on (as was not the case for several years, it seems) is enough to make me very patient.

I still want to see some updates though.

Yes +1 also I don't want a rushed SC however at this point with 11 chars revealed I really want know more information about history mode, creations and especially if we will got a team versus mode. because about the chars we already can do a good idea what will be coming

Cassandra probably has no reason to be in if Sophitia doesn’t marry Rothian and therefore carry those two hellspawn.

Mi-Na feels like a worse Kilik sadly, but at least she has spears and halberds.

Cassandra's thing has always been destroying the swords before Sophitia as she feels they've ruined her life. It would be the same with or without Sophitia having kids. She may even be more determined because without being married and having kids Sophitia may still be a virgin which means that the God Hephaestus would still want her as his champion. Cassandra absolutely hates him and would want Sophitia free from him.

The reason for the alleged delays is the crashing in the Ivy/Geralt build (the one Xbox Mag got to play). Apparently Tekken 7 had similar issues during development, and it turned out just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
A game with stability issues pre-release? Can you imagine such a thing?

Viola and Hilde are the perfect DLC bait, so I'm not surprised. Other characters that are on that end: Mina, Cervy and Cassandra. If they indeed get another guest, I hope whoever made they do it internally steps on a million Legos, I could see they making character packs with 2 characters per pack in the spam of a year. (Somewhat like Tekken did, but not horribly and out of place.)

Last edited:
Then there's the Amy and Viola thing, which is an uncertainty and not completely clear on what's going on with them other than murmurings that Viola will replace Amy from now on and nothing known for sure if whichever version they go with winds up being launch or DLC. But with characters from III-V said to be saved as DLC, it's obvious that the most popular carryover from SCV would be Viola.

I hope that's not the case. I don't want Amy to be Viola, Raphael's style sucks and is nothing like Amy's even if they share one or two moves. I want Amy's style back for create a soul. If they don't want "AMY" herself for some reason, fine, but give her style to someone else then.

I think Setsuka would make a lot of sense as DLC, too. Man, i hope she won't be left out of this iteration.

Since Zasalamel is confirmed & Tira is leaked, she's the only new character from SCIII that we haven't heard anything about. This does kind of worry me. She was the most fun character to use in SCIV. The alpha pat rendition was horrendous and should never happen again.

If she DOES get confirmed/leaked by V, then i'd have 3/3 of my mains back again and i'd be the happiest I've been in a very long time.

Back