Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I still haven't heard about Raphael at all despite my badgering about him.
Thanks for sticking up for us Raphael players.

Since I know you people are much smarter than some places I post things
Reading through the last ~10 pages and you'd think otherwise

purely for discussion. Like I have said, I currently cannot say one way or another at the moment whether or not there is anything at all to this supposed "leak" right now.
Yes. Please do not make any CONFIRMATION posts (friendly reminder to frayhua).

Im looking forward to E3. Been waiting for a new juggernaut player forever. Since we never actually got a new character in that category. I hope some of that stuff turns out to be true :p

I could see Salia becoming a new rapier user, but the big priest dude sounds weird, specially because you would have Rock to fit that bill, does not seem as likely, unless the big priest dude is Groh's daddy.

That Salia part sounds like bullshit. A character that steals from two classic characters? What in her history suggests being able to do Cervantes level fuckery? I'd be fine with a fat mace wielding monk but I gotta throw this whole rumor in the dumpster off the Salia bit alone.

"Salia is kind of an odd one for me. I still haven't heard about Raphael at all despite my badgering about him. Whether that means anything, I have no idea because I'd asked about Voldo for a while until I was able to finally get a yes from both. So absence of evidence isn't always evidence of absence. But if you recall, Amy was someone I was told there is a chance she might just appear as Viola from now on, but they currently have no confirmation of that for sure.
The Cervantes move references they talk about is very weird too. I also haven't heard anything concrete about Cervantes yet either, but I don't think (hope) that means anything.
It's strange but I guess is somewhat curious to think if there is any kind of connection between those things and Salia would kind of be "replacing" characters essentially.
"

I wouldn't be surprised if some characters were to be replaced but isn't Cervantes one of the most popular character in SC ?
I don't think they would do something like what they did in SCV since Natsu, Xiba, Leixia and Sophitia's children were not that well received.

That Salia part sounds like bullshit. A character that steals from two classic characters? What in her history suggests being able to do Cervantes level fuckery? I'd be fine with a fat mace wielding monk but I gotta throw this whole rumor in the dumpster off the Salia bit alone.
On one hand it is a reboot, so "things can change".... but on another, doing something like that invokes the epitome response of
HelplessOffensiveIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

makes me think it has to be bullshit because that's.... way too dumb and divisive.

I appriciate this detailed response, let me know if you do get a wiff of Li Long coming back (or not) as it's the one thing I'm most anticipated about SC6.
I've asked about him before because of the Li Long meme on the SC reddit. lol
Nothing yet.

I'd just like to give an opinion about that gendre sex thing:

For me what matters is that when the devs create a new character, they have some kind of vision for it, and for me that character sex gendre should be chose from the dev based on how they feel it would be better for that character, and not be dependent on other things like "Oh there aren't enough females on the game, ok so let's turn our sick idea we had about that male character and turn him into female", if you see what i mean, basically.

To be with the actual topic, yes i'd be down with Li Long. He was basically the only character i've ever used in the 3 days i played Soul Edge back then hehe.

Last edited:
I don't which iteration of Lizardman I'd like to see. Figure Namco will go with the SCV version because the style was varied enough to differentiate itself from the other sword and shield users.

Salia would be nice, but as a replacement? Heck it kind of makes sense for her to free Siegfried from Nightmare in a way. She could even be in the slot opposite of Xianghua I’m thinking being that they both defeat/would defeat Nightmare. Still prefer if she’d be influenced by the Hwangseong since they don’t seem likely rather than Cervantes. Maybe throw in a crossbow if anything?

Kind of thought Papa Groh would be like Calynpolk. The single mace rumor has me wondering if he uses something on the side. Like magic?

Back