Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I think I heard Okubo say they had tried to eliminate complex inputs or something like that with this game. I guess if the game is good and feels like Soul Calibur who cares, but I wonder how this will play out. There was no ss or cs in Ivy’s trailer for example. I feel like if she had them they would have been in the trailer.

I think CS and SS are still in, well the tweet linked below makes it sound like they are. Just sounds like they added a third command grab thats long ranged.

https://mobile.twitter.com/flying_wonkey/status/966872791503978498?lang=en

Some thoughts: New stages (grassy field and desert) both looked cool, but I kind of wish they were more obviously connected to SC lore. I wanna go back to the Money Pit, Hoko Temple, Valentine Mansion, etc.

New HUD looks good, but I preferred the earlier one. Earth tones suit the game a bit better.

I don't think Ivy has her SC2 stances back...

OH F*CK MAXI Has his 2P and it looks damn tigh, i guess 2P are confirmed. Can't wait for Ivy 2P costume, it may even be in E3 reveal OMG!!

And Black Color Zasa is too damn sick looking.

Love all the new stages and the SPACE to move around the TERRAIN! I can't play Tekken after Tag because all the space got cramped up with too many walls - not to mention waiting for combos that always end at a wall - it might as well become part of the Killer Instinct series. But SoulCalibur is looking beautiful... and it's all about future eSport competitions!!! Hopefully the game will produce more top tournament players this time around - and people will have more respect for the originals that they missed out on. Hopefully Daigo and the top Street Fighter players will pick it up for a change? SC is still very technical even with simpler button commands, and that's important so that new players can pick it up and feel encouraged to actually look up the move list! So how is summon suffering performed now? :)

BTW, I don't think she asked about the release date or if there will be delays?

Last edited:
OH F*CK MAXI Has his 2P and it looks damn tigh, i guess 2P are confirmed. Can't wait for Ivy 2P costume, it may even be in E3 reveal OMG!!

And Black Color Zasa is too damn sick looking.
That's not his P2.
maxip2.png

It's his alt color after a lethal hit.

MAN this is going to be an amazing game my hype is rising again lol those new stages especially desert one looked so sick

Stages so far:

1-Eurydice Shrine: Sophitia
2-Snow Capped Showdown: Japanese characters?
3-Cathedral Ruins/Ostreinsburg: Siegmare?
4-Caer Morhen: Geralt
5-Proving Grounds: Kilik, Xianghua?
6-Indian Harbor: Maxi, Cervantes?
7-Meadow: Talim?
8-Desert: Zas?

Hope we get the Money Pit, Astaroth’s shrine, and part of the Valentine Mansion if we indeed have twelve stages. Not counting the freaking Astral Chaos.

Sadly Maxi has the same outfit but recolored to match his usual 2P.

Want to see the character select screen and maybe stage select. We’ve got only four left there.

I liked the minimalism/colour scheme of the previous HUD. The scroll/navigator's map theme was really unique.

This one... idk. It reminds me of SCIV's HUD. I'm not big on the bronze either... I find it quite distracting. I really like the new KO/Ring Out messages though.

The new stages are amazing?? They probably look even better off stream. My favourite is Nightmare's(?) stage so far.

EDIT: Taki's face!!!!!!!!! My girl's looking stunning :sc1tak1: hope to hear more story mode news at E3!

Reactions: Ave
Stages so far:

1-Eurydice Shrine: Sophitia
2-Snow Capped Showdown: Japanese characters?
3-Cathedral Ruins/Ostreinsburg: Siegmare?
4-Caer Morhen: Geralt
5-Proving Grounds: Kilik, Xianghua?
6-Indian Harbor: Maxi, Cervantes?
7-Meadow: Talim?
8-Desert: Zas?

Hope we get the Money Pit, Astaroth’s shrine, and part of the Valentine Mansion if we indeed have twelve stages. Not counting the freaking Astral Chaos.

Sadly Maxi has the same outfit but recolored to match his usual 2P.

Want to see the character select screen and maybe stage select. We’ve got only four left there.

Maybe they don't want to show the select screens because this new build has unrevealed characters on it?(Asta, Talim, Cassandra, etc.) just a guess though.

EDIT: they also could reveal new characters on June 12th and show us a new build with the recently revealed on the exihibition tournament that takes place 14th maybe?

Last edited:
I liked the minimalism/colour scheme of the previous HUD. The scroll/navigator's map theme was really unique.

This one... idk. It reminds me of SCIV's HUD. I'm not big on the bronze either... I find it quite distracting. I really like the new KO/Ring Out messages though.

The new stages are amazing?? They probably look even better off stream. My favourite is Nightmare's(?) stage so far.

EDIT: Taki's face!!!!!!!!! My girl's looking stunning :sc1tak1: hope to hear more story mode news at E3!
Yeah, I think you're right about the HUD; it doesn't quite feel right to me compared to before... but the main game looks more polished than ever before!

I liked the woodprint aesthetic they used in earlier builds, but I like the new updated UI because it really looks polished *coughcoughlol*. I'm quite liking the brassy look going on and it feels more in line with the previous SC games.

Plus, they changed the colors of the HP bar so it's not so jarringly off anymore. Instead it's just dark blue > blue > yellow lol.

Back