Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I admit my speculation about Raphael was the weakest leg, but I held back on his relationships to the other characters, because all of those took place after 1590, which is where this story ends. Unless they retcon it, of course, we don't really know what he was doing before the events of SoulCalibur II, which is why I likened him to Yoshimitsu, likely pursuing his own goals, before discovering the swords and becoming intertwined into their fates. Besides that, I want to see more of non-malfested Raphael, to get a real history of his character.
That's true, all my speculation is based on post 1590. Which would cut off Raphael entirely unless they rewrote some of his backstory.

Makes it more likely that he is DLC to be honest. Though I'd be fine with it so long as he was apart of the game. Still would be nice to have him incorporated to the story mode somehow. (Fav character bias)

If Astaroth is there he has no fights during Maxis timeline... or am i missing something. Doesnt seem like he makes sense right there.
Maxi's story isn't yet complete. See my observation earlier that grey dots are not endings, but unplayed story parts. Maxi's story could very well extend all the way to the end of 1590 for all we know.

I just don’t want to lose any weapon types. The possibility of Lizzy getting an S&S back along with possibly Cassie coming back might be dissapointing. Hoping Hwang is DLC just for a cutlass that doesn’t act derpy or girly (even though my intended cutlass OC might be a female) and Raph is concerning since Amy is more popular and DLC bait.
The more characters that get teased and revealed, the more I believe the Vergeben leak statement "probably not Mina", which makes me incredibly sad, as she is one of my favorites. No Seong Mi-na probably also means no Hwang, and yes Talim probably also means yes Yun-seong. Setsuka and Hilde are practically shoo-ins for DLC, so there's only really one free slot, and it would probably go to Amy/Viola, since Viola has a unique style and Amy is an extremely popular character. I don't want to admit it, but Hwang and Seong Mi-na seem to be joining Li Long and Rock on the bench. I too prefer Hwang over Yun-seong, but... I don't see it happening.

About Lizardman getting a sword and a shield, I think a Patroklos style Lizardman is a neat idea, can be just as unique as Cassandra is to Sophitia. So while that means three sword and shield users, which is less than ideal, it's... acceptable, I suppose. As long as they don't mess it up.

That's true, all my speculation is based on post 1590. Which would cut off Raphael entirely unless they rewrote some of his backstory.

Makes it more likely that he is DLC to be honest. Though I'd be fine with it so long as he was apart of the game. Still would be nice to have him incorporated to the story mode somehow. (Fav character bias)
That is an alternate interpretation. Instead of Amy/Viola, Raphael could be DLC. But then that means Amy/Viola gets left out, since we know we're only getting 3 DLC characters now. We're at the end of the rope where someone is getting cut, and I don't like it.

Wait... I feel I can make out letters here.
_WY__?
Edit:
act.png

Kinda looks like IVY, but shifted to the right by the blur, now that I think about it. :|
Perhaps there aren't actually real names in the list at all yet and these lengths aren't really indicative of anything?

Last edited:
As the one here with trust issues after Tekken 7 (which also technically took years to make it to consoles) the Soul Chronicles menu already looks more promising. Sure there are VN scenes, but the art is gorgeous.

So Papa Groh could be Owyn?

What is with all the Talim hate here?

Look I get that Talim isn't literally everyone's favorite character and not everyone will buy the game exclusively only for her. If anything it will probably mostly be bought because of create a soul and I know for sure that feature is popular.

The most common arguments I see used against her is her viability and lack of role in the story. I am aware that she isn't high tier, but she isn't the only one from last I checked (like Zwei, Yun-Seong, and Seong Mina to name a few.) Also, she was in her prime in SCII so she could play as how she used to.

When it comes to the role of plot relevance she along with other characters has been pushed to the side in favor of Siegfried and Nightmare, the Alexandra family, and arguably Kilik's circle of friends and family. Characters that need a spotlight are basically Talim, the Koreans, Hilde, Mitsurugi and many more that have potential.

Also, regarding if she will be DLC I would actually be mad about it, but I will suck it up and understand. She isn't my only favorite character and there is already Xianghua-one I missed dearly- back in the game.

There are people and myself included that like her for her playstyle and personality. I could go in more detail, but I feel it will fall on deaf ears.

Well Raphael's story starts with the events of the Evil Seed since that's when he was forced to kill his fellow nobleman and family ally that started his downward spiral. So it is possible for his story to have events before 1590.

I can't figure out the timelines, like Sophitia's should start at 1584, not 86 and there are many other changes. Trying to glean info out of it will just give me a headache so I'll stop.

I hope the image of Lizardman with S&S is just an image and not representative of how he'll be in the game. He should have the double axes.

The blurred line below Groh seems to suspiciously align with Grohs role in story mode, this could possibly be the equivalent of what Vergeben's leak was referring to in Groh's father, also, I think there's no doubt in any of us that 3 out of these spots belong to Cervantes, Voldo and Astaroth right?

The blurred line below Groh seems to suspiciously align with Grohs role in story mode, this could possibly be the equivalent of what Vergeben's leak was referring to in Groh's father, also, I think there's no doubt in any of us that 3 out of these spots belong to Cervantes, Voldo and Astaroth right?
Voldo is the one who's dubious, since the row under Grøh could be Voldo and it could be his father. Voldo's name doesn't fit any of the other slots, unless he's one of the three slots blocked by the Kilik vs. Grøh banner.

DfjywpXXkAAHeWQ.jpg_large.jpg

Saw Naestrinus show this on discord. He use the exact same font to make this pic. He is just unsure of Voldo or Tira in 5th slot. Yoshi could be one of the hidden in the banner. So, 2 to go.

Still, it seems lack of many character into the story. We have Tira, Cassandra, Raphael and 3 Korean Characters in the history of soul. But only 2 of them could join in the new story line, somethings is missing here.
Talim is BS
She was born 1576, i HIGHLY doubt she was active in the year 1583

And the custom NPCs can always be a thing. Arguably altered appearances are also a thing with Siegfried’s short hair.

Raph could fight some of his pursuers for example.

What would suck is if we fight CaS versions of absentees.

Maybe we are looking too deep into the timelines and they are just another placeholder. Too many timelines aren't matching the history of the characters. Groh and Kilik's don't intersect and we know they fight, same with Maxi and Mitsurugi based on the trailer.

They may have intentionally mixed things up so that we couldn't gather info from this. Like @garjian said the name below Groh looks like a blurred Ivy. The names could mean nothing and are just blurred names of already announced characters meant to represent that more are coming.

Well SCII takes place after a time skip. Who’s to say that some characters’ journies began earlier than intended?

This kinda makes me wish they continued after SC4. I’m glad that they are coming back, but doesn’t rebooting it make it seem like 2 and 3 don’t exist because they are being retold?

Now I am starting to think the story mode is gonna be like SCIV where you play as every character (at your wish) and then you have the whole story

Back