Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Viola was an interesting character, but I personally don't think she should be in the game either. It seems Viola and ZWEI were inspired by Guilty Gear X, but don't really fit in SC. And Amy and Talim are just too weak.

The DLC pack being the only hope for Raph is kind of unexpected.

But even then, the DLC pack having 4 characters there is still a chance. But when you remove the 1 bonus character who's probably just Inferno or a throwaway character, one guest character (IB most likely) that only leaves two more slots. And, I don't know if there was an update, but I thought that one of those slots was going to almost certainly be Setsuka/Hilde.

I still hope Seong Mi-na will be playable, one way or another... she was in the game since the beginning, her style isn't the same as Kilik's, she always played completely different to me and I love the naginata, it's such an elegant and deadly weapon. Making a CaS with staff just doesn't do her justice. She's the character I played since Soul Blade in every game, maybe not the best competitive choice but we only have the devs to blame for that.

^^^^^ this.

I'll be sad about Raph if he wasn't in this one though. I know it should be quality over quantity but I feel like cutting out some characters over others is going to feel like scv again. half of us is going to end up disappointed.

He said Geralt is the only guest in the base game, but there will be more, implying they will be in the DLC. Which makes sense, as guest characters would really drive DLC sales.
For what it's worth, I heard there would be a second guest character not long after Geralt was revealed, with implications they would most likely be DLC. Which made even more sense after Geralt getting the marketing push and their quotations about him being the only one in the base game.

Additionally, and this doesn't come from my main SCVI source or even my original one, but I had someone tell me a Bandai Namco character would be another guest. They mentioned it isn't another Tekken character either.
I can't vouch for this because the other two haven't heard any specifics as to who the other guest would be. But I guess we could keep that in mind in case there winds up being anything to it. Especially if I don't hear anything for or against it for a while and it simply remains a weird mystery.

Okubo already pretty much said Geralt will not be the only guest, so how is that possible?
You are assuming there is only 1 dlc pack. DLC pack 2 will have the new guest character(if any) plus other returning souls, maybe Hilde, Algol or setsuka or something like that.

You are assuming there is only 1 dlc pack. DLC pack 2 will have the new guest character(if any) plus other returning souls, maybe Hilde, Algol or setsuka or something like that.
What you are talking about is everything but confirmed, we only know of 1 DLC pack now, and the game isn't even out, hell, the base roster hasn't been revealed yet in it's entirety, it is way too early to speculate about a second DLC pack.

I'll be very disappointed if there's no Raphael. He's been in every SC game since SC2, he was even in SC5 which had the most disappointing roster of the franchise.

One thing I think would be cool is if they released major expansions based on SC2, 3, and 4. The first expansion would extend the story mode into 1591 and include SC2 characters, and then we'd have 2 more expansions for SC3 and 4. Since 4 didn't have that many new characters, that expansion could also include ZWEI and/or Viola.

Not related to the post, but are you waiting for the end of E3 for your podcast? It is always a cool one!
Maybe you missed it initially because youtube kinda messed up the upload. I edited the description, title, and visibility tag to public, and then pressed "save." Youtube came up with an unknown message error (which I didn't notice because I kinda changed tab immediately after saving it) where it failed to update the title but it still made the video public. I could post new podcasts here as I upload them, but I dunno if that would be seen as self-promotion.

I'll be very disappointed if there's no Raphael. He's been in every SC game since SC2, he was even in SC5 which had the most disappointing roster of the franchise.

One thing I think would be cool is if they released major expansions based on SC2, 3, and 4. The first expansion would extend the story mode into 1591 and include SC2 characters, and then we'd have 2 more expansions for SC3 and 4. Since 4 didn't have that many new characters, that expansion could also include ZWEI and/or Viola.

Maybe you missed it initially because youtube kinda messed up the upload. I edited the description, title, and visibility tag to public, and then pressed "save." Youtube came up with an unknown message error (which I didn't notice because I kinda changed tab immediately after saving it) where it failed to update the title but it still made the video public. I could post new podcasts here as I upload them, but I dunno if that would be seen as self-promotion.
Hey man, if you have content related to Calibur and it's not "Dynasty-like" then by all means please feel free.

Additionally, and this doesn't come from my main SCVI source or even my original one, but I had someone tell me a Bandai Namco character would be another guest. They mentioned it isn't another Tekken character either.
I can't vouch for this because the other two haven't heard any specifics as to who the other guest would be. But I guess we could keep that in mind in case there winds up being anything to it. Especially if I don't hear anything for or against it for a while and it simply remains a weird mystery.

Hm. I went to their site and saw a couple of games the character could come from.

Tales of Vespira - Llyod was in SC Legends
Sword Art Online - Very popular
Code Vein
Black Clover

Thats just my guess anyways

Looks like "Halter Top Bikini" is a pre-order bonus in Japan.

View attachment 49345
Nice to see we're gonna be paying $40 for recycled characters and costumes.
Lmao those tits are massive. Do they just go look for artists that they enjoyed beating off to?
So I guess the bonus character is a pre-order bonus.
i wish project soul got generous and gave us all characters just like Smash Bros are getting everyone ever made plus some new characters. must be nice to be a smash player.
Smash Ultimate is definitely going to be the last game in the series. It's a super fanservice game because there aren't going to be any more (at least by Sakurai).
Talim is BS
She was born 1576, i HIGHLY doubt she was active in the year 1583
This is a reboot. Age is irrelevant.
People say "Mi-Na has no relevance" but they forget (or don't know) she fought against Ivy (and lost) during SC I
Being a jobber doesn't count as being relevant lol

Back