Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It'll probably just be another pointless interview with the same questions and answers we've heard too many times already. Seriously there was nothing in the stream earlier that wasn't already in the other E3 panel as far as I could tell. Not even gonna bother watching. I'll just keep my eye on the forum in case they randomly pull a character trailer out of their ass. Watch it be Talim too after already missing the perfect chance yesterday XD that'd be hilarious.

As for the whole 'new characters' thing. Didn't SCIV only have 2 newbies, if that (not including the Bonus Characters)? It's possible to only get 2, especially with such a small roster and the team knowing we want the old cast back, though they seem determined not to give us them either so it's not THAT unlikely we could get more than 2 newbies...

I do think we need a new female to go with the new male, which is why I stand by my opinion that Groh's MOTHER should be the evil character. Would be way more interesting to see a non-sexualized evil female character who's actually a threat and we have a few evil men already. I think Tira's the only legit evil female and she's more of a lacky than a leader. Otherwise I'd really like to see the tough black chick they were talking about. I'd be interested if they ever reveal concept art for her or explain why they dropped the concept.

I would rather just Groh and leave it at that. Nothing against new characters but if this is the roster size we're getting, returnees are already in trouble without using up more precious slots on newbies. If we had, say 32-36 characters I'd be more than happy to see 2-4 newbies in there, but that's never happening.
There was better gameplay than almost everything they've showed this weekend. For those of us that care about that stuff.

Salia wouldn’t be all that bad! We haven’t had a real thief-type character. Ninjas and assassins wouldn’t really count. That leak made it seem like she had a crossbow.

Otherwise if it ain’t her, Raph might be in, but he’s going to need a major revamp. Amy is better gameplay-wise regardless and makes money.

:sc2vol3: so with the trailer showing cervantes..lizardman and astaroth...and now with vergeban leaking rapheal fans should be sweating....i dont know where im going with this? Voldos in the game right?:sc1vol1:

@patriots1112

I could have sworn, many pages back on this thread, Verge said he had heard Voldo would be in. I don't want to misquote him tho... lemme see if I can find where he said that...

"I'd asked about Voldo for a while until I was able to finally get a yes from both." On p. 185 of this thread.

Sorry I didn't use the quote thing... its been years since I've been on this site and I'm rusty. :s

Last edited:
I think only two slots are really left to speculate between Raphael, Cassandra, and maybe Salia. And with Lizzy having a sword again, I'm concerned.

http://qanbausa.com/sc6/

sc6-obsidian.png

E3 was a very unimaginative performance for Project Soul from a PR point of view. I doubt they will have attracted too many newcomers to the franchise; still, they showed

I hate to say it but this. Especially since Sony didn't had that much multiplat games shown on their show, they could easily put SC6 on Sony conf., and even MS that already had many multiplat games shown (i don't think MS would have mind their conf. to be 5 minutes longer). And especially as well that T7 being reveal at big event MS conf. 2016 was something that helped the hyped for the game and i think helped the sales too. I noticed that many non Tekken fans started talking about the game after the game being revealed there that day.

I don't understand their choice tbh, but maybe there are some secret sh1t going on behind those kind of trailer reveal deals. In the end of the day i just want the game to be successful especially since it looks really great overall.

it's been two weeks since Maxi's reveal trailer. Tomorrow it's Thursday and since early may we are getting character Reveal every 2 weeks. So, furthermore we are still at e3 this Thursday. Are you expecting something??

I don't know why I put myself through this, but yes, I am expecting something. XD
Mainly because the SC6 info we've gotten at E3 so far has been cool and creating hype, but is also a little underwhelming, especially regarding any new additions to the roster (we got a soft confirm of a number of ppl but not a full-on reveal yet). I'm hoping such a reveal is being saved for tomorrow.

Back