Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Bummer. Perhaps they felt that story mode, release date, and special editions were enough for this week and will resume character reveals in two weeks.
*Insert uncontrollable sobbing here*

Seriously though I am surprised we didn't get any character reveals at E3. I was almost expecting another 4 character drop like the first one we got. It seemed the best time. Then my expectations lowered to maybe just Talim based on all the teases but now it's like... nothing :S

This is along my line of thinking. I suspect Raph's part in the story has been retconned out and that Talim's role has been made more central to the main plot.
I vigorously disagree with that, there are way too many characters I can already see them focusing on, first there's Kilik, who's obviously taken the main role from Patroklos, considering they gave him his line, then there's the currently known main antagonist in Nightmare, then there's Xianghua, who will be the wielder of Soul Calibur again, there's also Groh, who's the main character's rival, Siegfried is there too so you bet they're gonna give him something important to do, then there's Geralt and Mitsurugi, who seem to be the poster boys of this game, and then there's Zasalamel, who might actually be the main antagonist of this game, I highly doubt Talim would be the main character lol...

There's no going back to the glory days of SoulCalibur I and Tekken Tag golden era, where people were genuinely hyped and every day felt special. Unfortunately, our culture has been seriously debased since then by the triangle posse's use of weaponized anthropology. There's too many people like Yoshimitsu now wanting to steal your soul, and people are suffering more so now than ever before. Self-importance is at an all-time high; empathy at an all time low. Therefore, people have too many worries about survival and are no longer in touch with their emotions to the extent where they are free enough to enjoy SCVI as intended, hence all the hate speech that manifested in response to the first E3 stream.

I too was disappointed with what we got on E3, my expectations were high and it all turned out like a situation where you like a girl and you pour all your emotions with her then the shortcomings start to surface and that is what tests how true your feelings are for her.
That's what i stumble upon, i have checked for updates about the game almost everyday since December and the last time i was so eager to know about a game was for SC III when i didn't have internet and all i had was a Spanish magazine with info that i looked at regularly.
That state of mine came back for SC VI and i really gotta be grateful they come so far with the game, i want it to be perfect in my own standards just like the rest of us but something will always be missing just like with someone we like having flaws.

I know it sounds childish but i believe what we feel about the game contributes to what the final product will be, wether be disapointment or appreciation so i will have faith for the best because after all i already got more than i imagined we would get.

I vigorously disagree with that, there are way too many characters I can already see them focusing on, first there's Kilik, who's obviously taken the main role from Patroklos, considering they gave him his line, then there's the currently known main antagonist in Nightmare, then there's Xianghua, who will be the wielder of Soul Calibur again, there's also Groh, who's the main character's rival, Siegfried is there too so you bet they're gonna give him something important to do, then there's Geralt and Mitsurugi, who seem to be the poster boys of this game, and then there's Zasalamel, who might actually be the main antagonist of this game, I highly doubt Talim would be the main character lol...

I didn't say she would be the main protagonist, only that her role would be enlarged or made more important than it is in the old plot.

I didn't say she would be the main protagonist, only that her role would be enlarged or made more important than it is in the old plot.
Sure, but I doubt she'll be a central character in this game, maybe they will build her as an important character for the sequel but there's no way she will be anything more than a side character in VI.

I too was disappointed with what we got on E3, my expectations were high and it all turned out like a situation where you like a girl and you pour all your emotions with her then the shortcomings start to surface and that is what tests how true your feelings are for her.
That's what i stumble upon, i have checked for updates about the game almost everyday since December and the last time i was so eager to know about a game was for SC III when i didn't have internet and all i had was a Spanish magazine with info that i looked at regularly.
That state of mine came back for SC VI and i really gotta be grateful they come so far with the game, i want it to be perfect in my own standards just like the rest of us but something will always be missing just like with someone we like having flaws.

I know it sounds childish but i believe what we feel about the game contributes to what the final product will be, wether be disapointment or appreciation so i will have faith for the best because after all i already got more than i imagined we would get.
You just fell in love with the essence of her instead of the real her! Happens all the time... People wear a mask, but underneath that mask 99% of people are harbouring demons that cannot be exorcised.

*Insert uncontrollable sobbing here*

Seriously though I am surprised we didn't get any character reveals at E3. I was almost expecting another 4 character drop like the first one we got. It seemed the best time. Then my expectations lowered to maybe just Talim based on all the teases but now it's like... nothing :S
I mean, we kind of did get five reveals. We got soft confirmations of Talim, Astaroth, Lizardman, Cervantes, and Inferno.

What they could do and would be awesome is to, instead of just minor DLCs with a few characters, treat it more like an MMO or RPG in the sense of a real expansion. They could sell it like any other expansion, it could extend the timeline further, add in the later characters and have an ever expanding plot. The roster could grow and grow, etc.

They've already done the hard work and have all the grounding they need to do this.

Astaroth scored really low too and he was soft confirmed to be in. He’s lower than Hilde and Hwang. And Lizardman’s even lower.........
Asta is a plot device, token golem bad guy. I dont think a lot of people would pick him as their favorite when you have other cute girls or cool guys. But he has to be there for variety.

PDT-based...
DfMPjltUYAApFHf (1).jpg

I think people have to relax a little bit. I was personaly also quite depressed because it seems that Hwang will not be in the launch roster that have a story mode... but nothing is really sure until we saw it and it can still change for other update of the game. Especially if they keep working on it. (DLC with not so popular char + story content could really be a good way to please some fans, without going to much in red).

For Raphael, it's a character that I couldn't get too much info. But I never heard a "no". That's also a strange thing that might indicates an other strategy that I will take time to explain maybe in a later video when all this will be over...

Back to Raphael, it's very strange to leave him away. He is popular and he is the one who save Siegfried by his desperate attack... but maybe that's all, and so they prefered to add him in a cutscene for now? I don't know yet.

Anyway, I have done my character speculation 2 times already because everyday I got a new information and a new feeling.. but let's focus on the essential :

- They obviously want to please fan this time : reboot+story content+fan character even if it doesn't fit the timeline like Zas, Talim, Tira.
- They don't have infinite money, neither infinite time, so they make choice.
- We are in 2018, where GuestDLC, and probably DLC fanbase character can be a profitable income for them.

So...

I'am sure they made choice, and they are doing what they can with the money and the time they get. We can only blame Namco big boss to not investing more time and money.
Then they will work on Guest DLC char that can give them new player and add 100% fan garantueed fan char, like Hilde, Setsuka, Cassandra and obviously, I guess Raphael. Maybe for Season 2 I don't know.

After then... if we are loud enough, we might be able to have the rest of the cast that seems to matter to fans, if they are convinced.

If they continue working on their game, like other fighting game licence are doing these years, we still get a chance to have a good roster of SoulCalibur, but it will depends on the community by convincing them that they can earn money with some character. I don't like that personnally, but it's better than not having his favourite char, that is not enough popular.

@Vergeben have you not said a crazy number like 31 back in time ?

I hope that's my last theory about this, so I can gives you more detailed information, especially Raphael status in my char spec video, if I manage to finish it, but for now I need sleep haha.

Last edited:
Yes yes you all have different opinions and x is sick of seeing y and vice versa and you're all very upset by the lack of news about the Thing You Care About and are taking it out on each other.

Lovely. Good. Keep it civil though. If you're seeing something you don't like, report it. If it's report worthy it will be dealt with, if not, ignore it. It is not your job to police people. That's why there's a mod team.

Remember that people can and will enjoy things in different ways and that this *is* a public forum. You're entitled to express your opinions, you're allowed to disagree with the opinions of others, but keep it respectful and civil and get over it.

I mean, I for one am sick of seeing people whine about the character list when it isn't even finalised but hey what you gonna do?

Back