Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I know you guys will curse me.
But I'd not think twice about sacrificing Talim if that could guarantee the presence of Raph or Setsuka in main roster. Actually, I don't care about that child.
No we will not! Anybody else that (will definetley) be used is welcome,not just for weird sakes.

ESRB rating is up and it's an interesting read:

Rating Summary: This is a fighting game in which players engage in one-on-one combat with a large cast of supernatural and human characters. Characters punch, kick, and throw each other to drain opponents' life meters. Several characters use swords, spears, pistols, axes, and nunchucks while fighting. Finishing moves and special attacks are often depicted with brief slow-motion effects; combat is highlighted by cries of pain and impact sounds. One cutscene, rendered in a painting-like art style, depicts a character sitting in a pool of blood. Several female characters wear skimpy, low-cut costumes that display large amounts of cleavage; one female character is stylized to appear nude, though no discernible details are seen (i.e., no nipples; crotch region flat). The words “a*s” and “bastard” appear in the dialogue.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35637&Title=SOULCALIBUR+VI

Rating Summary: This is a fighting game in which players engage in one-on-one combat with a large cast of supernatural and human characters. Characters punch, kick, and throw each other to drain opponents' life meters. Several characters use swords, spears, pistols, axes, and nunchucks while fighting. Finishing moves and special attacks are often depicted with brief slow-motion effects; combat is highlighted by cries of pain and impact sounds. One cutscene, rendered in a painting-like art style, depicts a character sitting in a pool of blood. Several female characters wear skimpy, low-cut costumes that display large amounts of cleavage; one female character is stylized to appear nude, though no discernible details are seen (i.e., no nipples; crotch region flat). The words “a*s” and “bastard” appear in the dialogue.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35637&Title=SOULCALIBUR+VI

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Hilde Confirmed?

EDIT: We already seen Lizzy and Cervy in Story trailer, that likely the reference with Axe and Pistol.

Perhaps they are refering to old soulcalibur games? Idk, sounds too good to be true...I really want Hilde in the roster

I think people have to relax a little bit. I was personaly also quite depressed because it seems that Hwang will not be in the launch roster that have a story mode... but nothing is really sure until we saw it and it can still change for other update of the game. Especially if they keep working on it. (DLC with not so popular char + story content could really be a good way to please some fans, without going to much in red).

For Raphael, it's a character that I couldn't get too much info. But I never heard a "no". That's also a strange thing that might indicates an other strategy that I will take time to explain maybe in a later video when all this will be over...

Back to Raphael, it's very strange to leave him away. He is popular and he is the one who save Siegfried by his desperate attack... but maybe that's all, and so they prefered to add him in a cutscene for now? I don't know yet.

Anyway, I have done my character speculation 2 times already because everyday I got a new information and a new feeling.. but let's focus on the essential :

- They obviously want to please fan this time : reboot+story content+fan character even if it doesn't fit the timeline like Zas, Talim, Tira.
- They don't have infinite money, neither infinite time, so they make choice.
- We are in 2018, where GuestDLC, and probably DLC fanbase character can be a profitable income for them.

So...

I'am sure they made choice, and they are doing what they can with the money and the time they get. We can only blame Namco big boss to not investing more time and money.
Then they will work on Guest DLC char that can give them new player and add 100% fan garantueed fan char, like Hilde, Setsuka, Cassandra and obviously, I guess Raphael. Maybe for Season 2 I don't know.

After then... if we are loud enough, we might be able to have the rest of the cast that seems to matter to fans, if they are convinced.

If they continue working on their game, like other fighting game licence are doing these years, we still get a chance to have a good roster of SoulCalibur, but it will depends on the community by convincing them that they can earn money with some character. I don't like that personnally, but it's better than not having his favourite char, that is not enough popular.

@Vergeben have you not said a crazy number like 31 back in time ?

I hope that's my last theory about this, so I can gives you more detailed information, especially Raphael status in my char spec video, if I manage to finish it, but for now I need sleep haha.
Thanks for a sane post. The excessive hand wringing is really irritating.
While I despise rip-off DLC, it can also be a great way to keep a game alive for longer as well as allowing post-release fan service. I read Vergeben's post as more of a delay for Raphael than an exclusion, so hang in there.
Me, I'm waiting for Cervantes, Asta and can't wait for Geralt, Kilik and Yoshi. But please, no 2b

pistols? as in more than one? so a new character? i thought cervy only had one pistol and thats on one of his swords. the plural matters here! gosh so many plurals. spears!

Y'all just be a little bit more patient. We got a release date and a shit load of info. I swear some of y'all are like hungry hungry hippos for information about the game.

Anyways, I really like the direction the game is going in.

Ivy's CS

I really do want a CaS trailer and a look at the main menu to know if it's changed since we last saw it.

Pyrrha confirmed?

Back