Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

What does that mean? Is that related to content or character roster? Some Japanese developers like to use incredibly bold and vague language and it's annoying as fuck

I think Okubo was talking about Single player content. I remember an interview he had 2 months ago saying.

“We have different game modes for players to have fun while playing alone. They will be able to experience and “achieve something with their own sword,” in one of the concepts of this game. But it is not time to reveal details just yet. Stay tuned for more information.”

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...alibur-vi-reboot-no-cross-play-planned/55747/

What does that mean? Is that related to content or character roster? Some Japanese developers like to use incredibly bold and vague language and it's annoying as fuck
Exactly. IMO SC3 is the most packed the series has ever been. IIRC there are around 44 unique characters, a non linear main story mode for each of the main characters and another story mode that's a complete off shoot with RTS elements and this isn't even considering the CaS mode which came into fruition in SC3. To be the most packed Soul Calibur game is to be more than this which I find hard to believe just based on the size of the character roster alone.

Dammit...

They'll probably get an even bigger whiplash about Raphael not being included in VI then Talim in V.

Exactly. IMO SC3 is the most packed the series has ever been. IIRC there are around 44 unique characters, a non linear main story mode for each of the main characters and another story mode that's a complete off shoot with RTS elements and this isn't even considering the CaS mode which came into fruition in SC3. To be the most packed Soul Calibur game is to be more than this which I find hard to believe just based on the size of the character roster alone.
I was literally in the middle of typing exactly the same thing when you posted. XD

No way in hell they'll beat SCIII. If they do, I will officially restore my faith in modern gen gaming.

IMO SC3 is the most packed the series has ever been. IIRC there are around 44 unique characters, a non linear main story mode for each of the main characters
in addition, the third part was better in the ratio of the level of graphics to the year of release.
the third part brought the author less money than the second, not because of the quality of the content - because at the same time appeared WOW and DOTA. After that, the sales level of all fighting games fell sharply.

As much I like SCIII, lets not pretend that the CaS styles were anything but some hastily put together left-over animations, you can like them but they were not optimally integrated and a lot of them were just knock off movelist that did not look good.

Last edited:
Dunno if this has been done yet or not, but I connected the dots and I suppose that means those are fights vs the connected characters or... teams?
DfjywpXXkAAHeWQ_jpg_large.jpg

@Apoc Revolution
You suggested the option to cancel an unparried RE. I like the idea. For a moment, it seemed on this tournament that someone did just that, though it could be that my eyes were playing tricks with me. It's late here.

I haven't seen it. I would like to suggest this to Okubo, but I can't be bothered creating a Twitter account only for that purpose. It probably won't get added anyway.

'The most action packed SC game yet' has fewer unique styles than the unfinished and rushed SCV for the base roster and merely 11 stages, which doesn't even include an infinite stage. What a fucking joke. But the possibility of Raphael being excluded from the base roster for absolutely no reason pisses me off the most. The character who is responsible for freeing Siegfried and placing higher than Maxi and Astaroth on the Facebook poll gets excluded, but Talim who has a less significant role in the story makes it in only because she is the most requested SCII character? Preposterous.

That exactly what I thought when I watched that interview. I think Okubo is full of it when he said that. He keep mentioning that he was a producer of Tekken. I don't think he understand or respect previous SC titles which make me worry about the series especially after he picked the busiest month to release the game in.

You have COD, Assassin Creed, Battlefield and RD will keep all casual gamer busy. You also have my hero one's justice coming in the same month and code vein coming at the end of September both of them are NAMCO games. I don't want what happened to dissidia final fantasy to repeat it self.

Recent Okubo Interview claiming SCVI will be the most packed SoulCalibur game.

http://shoryuken.com/2018/06/14/sou...says-the-game-is-the-most-content-packed-yet/

Correct me if i'm wrong but in that interview didn't he said it would be the most packed so far Volume-wise, i think that reffers to Story Telling right?

Back