Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Ok so i dont know how many of you guys seen max's stream last night but i found it extremely informative of a couple of things that iv'e seen and heard. #1 Nightmare vs sieg match nightmare tells sieg "ill destroy you for killing my father and becoming you" not exactly like that but something definitely to that effect. so story wise well finally find out how exactly the alter ego came to be and i never heard anything about a father before until now. #2 once you finish an opponent with a (super) they talk slick to each other which is cool as fuck. ivy finished her opponent with a super and the ending to the super was different she pulled his neck back with whip around neck and whispers how you like that bitch!! lolol ok not that but definitely talking slick which i found it awesome as fuck. Just frames are in i dont know if you guys discussed before but good thing i loved the just frames. just guard is in but supposedly grants meter not advantage which i found it odd beings though reversal edge aswell grants meter and alot of it. i guess they want you to always have juice to be in soul charge state or always have a stick of butter at the ready. only thing that i would like to see in the future if possible is to have the damage a little bit toned down. the matchs are like done 123 i would like to enjoy the matchs a bit more before getting chipped up or delivering ass whippings, just my opinion.

Last edited:
#1 Nightmare vs sieg match nightmare tells sieg "ill destroy you for killing my father and becoming you" not exactly like that but something definitely to that effect. so story wise well finally find out how exactly the alter ego came to be and i never heard anything about a father before until now. .
Prior to the events of Soul Blade, Siegfried slew his own father while raiding a group of traveling knights (he wanted to steal from them, since he was leading the Schwarzwind as a gang of thieves at this time). He did not realize until after he slew a particular knight that it happened to be his own father. I believe that is what the remark about the father is regarding.

Prior to the events of Soul Blade, Siegfried slew his own father while raiding a group of traveling knights (he wanted to steal from them, since he was leading the Schwarzwind as a gang of thieves at this time). He did not realize until after he slew a particular knight that it happened to be his own father. I believe that is what the remark about the father is regarding.
That's definitely what Nightmare could be talking about.

I know 2P outfits aren't confirmed so far, but if it's in wonder what Ivy will get this time around.
I’m thinking we have two hints they could come back...

• Why wouldn’t the weapons get recolored?
  • Young Siegfried has the same appearance but with short hair. And his malfested arm has bandages. Why would he wear them pre-Nightmare? He should realistically have a different appearance.

yeees that's it! thanks for the enlightenment.

I'm merely observing that when Talim possibly not being in the game was discussed, there was noticeably less of a reaction compared to the possibility that there may be no Raphael (though it's not entirely a level comparison because it wasn't rumored, but rather implied seeing as how Talim wasn't in Soul Calibur), and that's a fact, so I didn't exactly bust those words out of my ass.
Back during the production of scv there wasn't too much worry about Talim not being in because a lot of ppl and her fans was CERTAIN she was gonna be in. She was one of the youngest character and scv was all about a timeskip. She had no clones to boot and there was a vocal optimism about seeing her age and how her fighting style would reflect that. She was also one of the few (Kilik and Cassandra) ppl who knew that both soul edge and soul calibur was evil. When it's revealed that she wasnt in there was a huge backlash for ruining all her potential.

I think it's possible that the recolors could actually be the color schemes of their alternate outfits. Someone pointed out that Ivy's recolor is the same color scheme as her original SC 2P. And there's other examples, such as Maxi having his usual blonde alternate, and Xianghua and Kilik's resembling the color schemes of their SC3 2Ps.

I suspect the other story mode will be settled in the same background as the main plot but with the chance to experience it through our own character created through CaS.
That would be very welcomed, especially since a lot of ppl enjoyed sc3 Chronicles of the sword. Maybe the cas can meet up with main characters and then get to choose sides even.

Back during the production of scv there wasn't too much worry about Talim not being in because a lot of ppl and her fans was CERTAIN she was gonna be in. She was one of the youngest character and scv was all about a timeskip. She had no clones to boot and there was a vocal optimism about seeing her age and how her fighting style would reflect that. She was also one of the few (Kilik and Cassandra) ppl who knew that both soul edge and soul calibur was evil. When it's revealed that she wasnt in there was a huge backlash for ruining all her potential.
I remember when this happened. I also remember people being thoroughly convinced Taki and Setsuka (among others) would be coming back for sc5; I remember people insisting Setsuka would have been in the game because Daishi had worked on her play style, and regarding Taki, I definitely remember someone on 8WR even trying to claim Taki wouldn't have been affected by SCV's time skip because she could have used her ninja magic/skillz to avoid aging!!! Then people got the rug pulled out from under their feet and were really shocked when these characters didn't get into that game, because they had convinced themselves of how it was possible.
I do feel a little worried for Raphael fans, in case this happens to them. :(

I’m thinking we have two hints they could come back...

• Why wouldn’t the weapons get recolored?
  • Young Siegfried has the same appearance but with short hair. And his malfested arm has bandages. Why would he wear them pre-Nightmare? He should realistically have a different appearance.

Good point about about the color weapon, that could be a hint as you say.

I don't know what to think about sieg tbh, his costume seem the same wasn't it?

Thing that would be sick is while you play Story you see characters wearing their 2p sometimes, then also each time you finish a chapter for a character you unlock his/her costume.

Alt costumes being unlockables would be great, it means they could leave all characters unlocked by default to make tournaments easy while still giving people mostly interested in single player content something cool and character related to unlock that's not just CAS parts.

Back