Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Why does everyone think we're only getting 11 stages? There's still 4 months left until release.

The fact they haven't formatted the text properly tells me this isn't the final version.

then again bamco's attention to detail isn't the greatest lmao...

View attachment 49500

If they're bringing in another guest, they'll get their own stage, that's a given. Maybe we'll get some original stages for DLC too.

Speaking of stages... the desert stage theme sounds so good. The music reminds me so much of Hwang. or maybe i'm just being delusional sdjfh
I really hope we'll get 13 stages at least.
11 stages is really far too little for a modern fighting game.

Those flags in the background remind me of that one Buddhist temple in Bhutan... you're probably right.

Adding to my earlier post about what I think the devs were inspired by when designing the stages:

1529238674114.png

1529238619012.png

Sunken Desert Ruins seems to be inspired by the Jiaohe Ruins in Xinjiang, China. Jiaohe was an ancient city on the Silk Road. I've seen people comment that it looks more Middle Eastern but given the nature of the Silk Road it makes sense that it has that feel.

1529239223866.png

1529239256483.png

Ancient Egyptian architecture incorporates more pillars as far as I've researched, and I don't see any pillar structures in this stage. Arguably all ruins end up looking the same anyway lmao but I still think this stage is supposed to be the Silk Road Ruin of SCVI. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 1529238518946.png
    1529238518946.png
    374.2 KB · Views: 113
Adding to my earlier post about what I think the devs were inspired by when designing the stages:

View attachment 49503

View attachment 49502

Sunken Desert Ruins seems to be inspired by the Jiaohe Ruins in Xinjiang, China. Jiaohe was an ancient city on the Silk Road. I've seen people comment that it looks more Middle Eastern but given the nature of the Silk Road it makes sense that it has that feel.

View attachment 49504

View attachment 49505

Ancient Egyptian architecture incorporates more pillars as far as I've researched, and I don't see any pillar structures in this stage. Arguably all ruins end up looking the same anyway lmao but I still think this stage is supposed to be the Silk Road Ruin of SCVI. What do you guys think?

I thought that scene looks like Cappadocia and Turkey was also seen in the map in story mode trailer but you've made several points here

cappadocia-cave-city-17180152.jpg

images (1).jpeg

@fallacie
As I mentioned before, the delved hills remind me of Bamiyan Buddha statues in Afghanistan, though the details are different. Judge for yourself. Idk
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan?wprov=sfla1
This image is before and after the Taliban destroyed them.

Ah sorry I missed that post! Yes I agree, they are quite similar. The Wiki article you linked mentions Bamiyan being part of the Silk Road too which is a plus. I just saw a few people on the interwebs doubting that the stage is supposed to be the Silk Road so I was arguing against that.

Just woke up and have nothing to do...

Feb 22 – Zasalamel, Ivy

9 DAYS

March 2 – Nightmare

14 DAYS

Mar 15 – Geralt

29 DAYS

April 12 – Siegfried

20 DAYS

May 2 – Taki

16 DAYS

May 18 – Yoshimitsu

13 DAYS

May 31 – Maxi

12 DAYS

June 12 - Story Trailer

Going by the Youtube published dates for the characters and story trailer I found out how many days in between we waited for reveals. The longest was Geralt to Siegfried. Everybody else has been roughly almost 2 weeks in between or more. Note I didn't do a FULL complete list of everybody which would include Sophi and Mits. I'll include if people want.

So I was just wondering why Okubo would do that Talim tweet and I guess by the end of the month we'll get a Talim trailer around or before June 24. Pure speculation though. Now to go and write...

Feb 22 – Zasalamel, Ivy

9 DAYS

March 2 – Nightmare

14 DAYS

Mar 15 – Geralt

29 DAYS

April 12 – Siegfried

20 DAYS

May 2 – Taki

16 DAYS

May 18 – Yoshimitsu

13 DAYS

May 31 – Maxi

12 DAYS

June 12 - Story Trailer

Going by the Youtube published dates for the characters and story trailer I found out how many days in between we waited for reveals. The longest was Geralt to Siegfried. Everybody else has been roughly almost 2 weeks in between or more. Note I didn't do a FULL complete list of everybody which would include Sophi and Mits. I'll include if people want.

So I was just wondering why Okubo would do that Talim tweet and I guess by the end of the month we'll get a Talim trailer around or before June 24. Pure speculation though. Now to go and write...
Nightmare was revealed with Groh, Xianghua, and Kilik in January.

Why does everyone think we're only getting 11 stages? There's still 4 months left until release.

If they're bringing in another guest, they'll get their own stage, that's a given. Maybe we'll get some original stages for DLC too.
We already know exactly what the 12 stages look like, there are 2 spots missing from the select screen, but we've seen them in trailers (cave stage that looks like Astaroth's stage in a gameplay trailer and Inferno's stage in the story trailer), if they were to add new stages it means that the select screen for the stages themselves is not final, but those two empty spots are already taken, so it tells us absolutely nothing.

First of all, as said before me, your Nightmare date is wrong.

Second of all, the reveals came during a long dry spell of events, and these were all leading up to the E3 build. But now there's at least one big event every month up until release. Comic-con, Evo, Gamescom, Tokyo Game show. Characters might get bundled again rather than drip fed.

Third, the Talim tweet is being reacted to like it was in a bubble and he just did it out of nowhere. It was a reply to a person who was reacting to an interviewer mentioning Talim. Doesn't mean he's teasing something imminent.

And finally, I already did all of this work for you months ago when I also had nothing to do, so save your energy for the speculation, and I can handle the math for you.

First of all, as said before me, your Nightmare date is wrong.

Second of all, the reveals came during a long dry spell of events, and these were all leading up to the E3 build. But now there's at least one big event every month up until release. Comic-con, Evo, Gamescom, Tokyo Game show. Characters might get bundled again rather than drip fed.

Third, the Talim tweet is being reacted to like it was in a bubble and he just did it out of nowhere. It was a reply to a person who was reacting to an interviewer mentioning Talim. Doesn't mean he's teasing something imminent.

And finally, I already did all of this work for you months ago when I also had nothing to do, so save your energy for the speculation, and I can handle the math for you.

i went off youtube vids date and he out of the 4 got an individual trailer which i decided to add. as you can see i started at the end of feb. i'm just having fun speculating. i'm stepping on your toes? i would try condensing your excel sheet though. just friendly advice. looks good though!

Okey guys this is my ultimate speculation of what the roster will look like

I'm going to start from the right side, cause the most part of confirmations that we had regards the evil guys
- Astaroth: we've seen him in the story trailer, I think we can assume that he's a safe one, plus that spot opposite to Maxi is just calling him out
- Cervantes: same for Astaroth, though I didn't find a perfect match for him like for Asta/Maxi, but I guess some characters will have an Ivy/Xianghua type of matching
- Tira: I heard times ago from Vergeben that she will be in the game, now keeping her for DLC would be good for marketing but let's be honest, it would just leave a bitter taste for the fans
- Voldo: confirmed by Vergeben
- Lizardman: another char that we've seen in the trailer (though I would honestly be fine without him around)

And this leads me to the opposite of Lizardman,
- Rock: that's another character that I would totally be fine without, for I think that slots are precious and he is just a wasting of one, but due to the rumours and to the story connection he has with Lizard I think he will be in the base roster
- Talim: Okubo I swear to god...
- A new character: confirmed by Okubo
- Some sort of final boss: We saw Inferno in the story trailer, maybe him? However, I think we will have the main boss playable, like in the previous games of the franchise
- Cassandra: I read on this forum that she was softly hinted via Twitter to be in the game, being Sophitia's sister, but this is one that I have doubts on, so you can switch her with one the chars that I put in the DLC section

So now we have:
DLC PACK 1:
- Raphael: I'm putting him here after the last words of Vergy that we should be concerned about him; now I don't wanna know what this is all about, I'm personally neutral on the fate of this pg, I would be pissed only in the case that he won't make it into the game at all, but I don't think that being the case
- Seong Mi-Na: I'm a hard die fan of Naginatas and personally very attached to this character, I know that she is little useful to the story, but if it was for me I don't deny that I would put her in the base roster without hesitating a second
- Hwang: I read times ago that he has more chances of being in the game rather than Yun-Seong, I would be really happy if he makes it in along with Mi-Na, these two are DLCs that I would gladly buy :D
- New Guest Character: confirmed, I would put my money on 2B from Nier: Automata or Knight Artorias from Dark Souls

DLC PACK 2:
Now this is something that hasn't been announced yet, but considering that we have a season pass-like kind of thing, I might guess that later on when the game is out, they will announce another round of DLC characters, and this is my guess:
- Hilde: really popular and really unique, I see her being loved by a decent amount of fans, I think she will make it in
- Setsuka: same for Hilde, I'm seeing some people demanding for her, and she is the classic example for what you would put as a DLC
- Viola: basing on the fact that Amy would appear only as Viola from now on, I think that she might be a perfect DLC choice
- New Guest: lastly, I would say that they might add some chilli salsa on the season pass by adding some other bonus characters? Who knows!

Let me know what are your thoughts, please enjoy ;)

@Vergeben Correct me if I said something wrong or non exact, thanks for the attention and for all the work you put onto SoulCalibur VI :D

roster retold.jpg

Last edited:
Back