Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Story Mode.jpg

Can anyone translate the text? I doubt it says much of consequence, but it does show that the game covers seven whole years of events and that every character seems to have their own blurb.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/175559412511932416/459072972083429376/IMG_20180620_211213.jpg

Rothion vs Sophitia in the screenshot

Bonus char are confirmed

Liz may be just a bonus char, cause Vergeben was saying that he was not sure about his movesetp.

Also there is 23 slot in the character select screen and only 20 lines/rows in the story mode. So there is 3 char that are not in the story mode.

My thought about the blurred names :

before IVY's name :
- ROCK (seems 4 letter, and a character in SB timeline)

after Ivy's name :
- YUN-SEONG (seems 2 words, dot appear in pre-SC2 timeline)
- SEONG MINA (seems also 2 words, dot appear in SC1 timeline)
- ASTAROTH (heavely connected to Nightmare)

after Sophitia's name :
- TALIM (not sure about this one, maybe Talim is the pre-order char)

after Yoshimitsu's name :
- VOLDO (pretty sure about this one)
- TIRA (4 letter, dot appear only at the very end)

Last edited:
I miss Raphael and Amy both
And I really hope that in the new part of the game the Raphael is will be more like a Lestet, and Amy is will be more like a Claudia

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/175559412511932416/459072972083429376/IMG_20180620_211213.jpg

Rothion vs Sophitia
Bonus char confirmed
Liz may be just a bonus char
There is 23 slot, only 20 lines
so... maybe Astaroth, Cervantes, Lizardman don't have their story line.

So this two word name blurred are :

ROCK?

YUN SEONG
SEONG MINA

ASTAROTH

TALIM

VOLDO
TIRA
You said maybe Astaroth doesn't have a storyline but then listed Astaroth's name as one of the blurred? Mixed message there, unless your blurred names are guesses. I had noticed the only 20 lines on the story screen before, but it was replied with that perhaps it was unfinished and they will add more lines in the final product.

I'm betting anything that Rothion is just a CaS, but I wonder what style he would use? Hmm... unless by "bonus character", do you mean like SoulCalibur III? Possibly the return of CaS styles? Rothion bringing back the SoulCalibur III Sword & Shield style could be nice. Though if Lizardman is a bonus character, too, then there would either be two Sword & Shield "bonus" styles or they would both use the same...

You know, I didn't hate what they did with Raphael in concept as Graf Dumas in SCV, but the execution was soooo poor, that it ruined it, this could've been so much bigger and better than it was, imagine if we would've actually seen the struggle Raphael's soul has within Nightmare, and actually had Nightmare interact with Viola ffs...

You know, I didn't hate what they did with Raphael in concept as Graf Dumas in SCV, but the execution was soooo poor, that it ruined it, this could've been so much bigger and better than it was, imagine if we would've actually seen the struggle Raphael's soul has within Nightmare, and actually had Nightmare interact with Viola ffs...
Raphael recognizing Viola, fighting against Nightmare, breaking free... Maybe that was supposed to happen in the complete story mode...

Raphael recognizing Viola, fighting against Nightmare, breaking free... Maybe that was supposed to happen in the complete story mode...
Or even dying in a dramatic, impactful fashion, saying his final goodbye to her, literally any decision they didn't make in the actual story would've made more sense, giving Z.W.E.I Soul Calibur, having Patroklos actually learn something and develop as a character, making Nightmare/Raphael not meaningless, showing some of the missing characters from the story like Kilik, Astaroth, Cervantes, Lizardman in the actual goddamn story...ANYTHING!

Or even dying in a dramatic, impactful fashion, saying his final goodbye to her, literally any decision they didn't make in the actual story would've made more sense, giving Z.W.E.I Soul Calibur, having Patroklos actually learn something and develop as a character, making Nightmare/Raphael not meaningless, showing some of the missing characters from the story like Kilik, Astaroth, Cervantes, Lizardman in the actual goddamn story...ANYTHING!
Luckily for us, we can pretend this timeline never happened and start fresh with SCVI <3

It's only my guessing :
I think Asta has is place in story perspective, but Cervantes and Cassandra are in the 3 slots that are not list in story here

I'am also not very confident about Rock... it may still be Tira... but in the bottom Tira fits well (story point at the end)

And Hwang will not fit (5 letters)

There's zero chance whatsoever that Cervantes isn't in story mode, those two blurred names aren't Yun and Mina, they'll be Cervantes and Lizardman. My guess is

Voldo

Cervantes
Lizardman
Astaroth

Talim

Raphael possibly?
Tira

that would leave no room for a second new character although we could have a new boss that you only fight at the end of story mode rather than play throughout.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out the Koreans entirely like with SCV.

There's an interesting inconsistency with the previous story mode timeline and the one we got in this magazine, whoever the character is under Ivy:
snip
It is said next to the image "Clear a step to unlock another" (something like that), so maybe we won't see what's coming next until we've done the previous battle, as it seems to be the case with Mitsurugi (+1 dot), and the character above Ivy (+1 dot too).

Edit: it seems that every character gets +1 in the second screenshot. They must unlock with the mainstory steps.

Maybe that slot hasn’t unlocked yet?

But I do see 6-7 possible letters under Yoshimitsu unless it’s someone new. Could be Raphael all along but “stress sweat” may mean he’s going to be a last reveal.

Also two-three characters won’t have a story?

Think we need to choose between Cassie and Lizzy. The one beneath Sophitia has a short name.

Back