Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I wonder what other bonus pre-made CAS characters we're likely to see in story mode that's indeed what Rothion is, we could see stuff like

Taki vs Toki
Kilik vs Xianglian
Yoshimitsu vs Nobunaga?

and so on

The corners might be unlockables. The center slot just screams either CaS or Inferno with the other opposite of the random select.
Nah, I'd say unlockables are bottom row, just like SoulCalibur V. Particularly bottom left three, I peg it as Yun-seong, Cassandra, and Grøh's dad.

Cassandra makes a lot of sense as someone that wouldn't have a story but is playable in vs. And Cervantes being a boss would make sense for why he doesn't have a storyline.

Things are getting more and more exciting!

The corner circles are too weirdly placed to be full characters, they're covered up when you're choosing a colour. That makes sense for a CAS/bonus/DLC character slot that brings up a selection menu in that position but I can't picture them covering up a proper character slot like that.

What's with the Rothion speculations? did his name really come up in that promotional photo at all?
It's a bit blurry, but read the banner in the new story timeline screenshot , like where Kilik vs. Grøh is in the one we had before. It's Sophitia vs. Rothion.

What's with the Rothion speculations? did his name really come up in that promotional photo at all?
His name's in the blue bar on the new Story screen image, it says Sophitia vs Rothion.

Question, will this be the first time we've ever actually seen Rothion since Sophie's ending image back in SC1? He's mentioned a lot but I don't remember ever actually seeing him, even as a pre-made CAS.

Interesting...now we're into some deep stuff, maybe he's even an actual roster character, we'll figure it out soon enough I guess.

...I thought Rothion was a non-combatant and a blacksmith? Anyway it's best to not throw speculation about sc3 style bonus characters, especially when CAS hasn't even been elaborated on yet. Don't start a downward spiral.

Turning all of those characters (many of them unique) into clones would sting. Even back in SoulCalibur 1, they all had a few unique moves, totally unique throws, and unique idle animations.

This isn't the craziest rumor I've seen, but I'm a bit skeptical.

It could be bollocks, for all we know, but someone just dropped this bomb on reddit:

Not a fan of this. It will upset more people than it will please.

I'd rather my favorite not be in the game than reduced to a reskinned clone. Cassandra plays very differently to Sophitia and doing this would just piss me off. I can deal with characters being cut (I'd be incredibly salty but eventually get over it) but this is worse than that.

I hope it's fake.

Last edited:
Back