Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You are right!

That could be awesome. I approve the idea of adding a female character like her. I mean I would preffer that instead of Maxi's lover.
Add Hilde and we have a love triangle around Siegfried (hahaha)

Mostly a coincidence but she was also mentioned in some posts from 4chan before E3:

I've asked about quite a few but haven't really gotten much in way of actual responses aside from Voldo and some various things like debunking that one "leaked release date" for instance.
If you have been paying attention, you might have noticed I've basically been laying low with SCVI info in comparison to how I was before a certain post in late February. I'm not getting a wealth of information anymore due to a certain thing that happened that I can't outright address. But there are less than a handful of people here who do know.

With that said, this is totally unrelated to my own stuff, but something that popped up online last month which flew under the radar until recently that are two seemingly separate claims about SCVI at E3 related leaks that came out of 4chan. To say we should proceed with caution is an understatement. But here are the two links:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/416886442/
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/417281757/two-e3-leaks-for-you#p417281757
What both are claiming are 4 characters shown at E3: Talim, Hilde, Salia, and Calynpolk.
Salia is claimed to be "frenemies with Hilde and is another rapier user like Raph & Amy but has some Cervantes Style drill & teleport flash attacks" and Calynpolk is said to be a big fat priest with a mace.

I actually have been pestering some both my original SCVI source (who went a few months without saying anything to me until they also heard about Voldo) and my main SCVI source to see if they have heard anything that lines up with those claims.
I've also contacted some other people who are aware of E3 stuff ahead of time.
By process of elimination, if I can find out there is a new Final Fantasy Tactics game being announced, then that essentially could confirm the SCVI stuff.
But this is all assuming I get lucky and anyone has heard anything that relates to either or those two claims. Otherwise we're just waiting about a week and a half to find out. That isn't so painful.

To actually analyze the "leak" if we're entertaining any possibility of truth in it, I heard about Talim and leaked her getting in what seems like forever ago now. So I don't really need to comment on that.

Hilde is someone I heard would be saved as DLC because the roster wouldn't exceed SCIII for the launch roster.
To quote what I'd heard a little more than 5 months ago "a lot of the SCIII-V characters will be reserved for DLC. Hilde is likely one of them."
But people do like her and it wouldn't be that big of a deal to slide her in. Let alone do what happened to Zasalamel and take a character that was more planned to be DLC bait and swap them to launch because the work was already being done concurrently with development. So this is one I feel is a bit of a red flag about this in a way, but until I can hopefully hear something that can confirm or deny it, I am only left with speculation.

Salia is kind of an odd one for me. I still haven't heard about Raphael at all despite my badgering about him. Whether that means anything, I have no idea because I'd asked about Voldo for a while until I was able to finally get a yes from both. So absence of evidence isn't always evidence of absence. But if you recall, Amy was someone I was told there is a chance she might just appear as Viola from now on, but they currently have no confirmation of that for sure.
The Cervantes move references they talk about is very weird too. I also haven't heard anything concrete about Cervantes yet either, but I don't think (hope) that means anything.
It's strange but I guess is somewhat curious to think if there is any kind of connection between those things and Salia would kind of be "replacing" characters essentially.

Calynpolk would be the fat character and mace user people have been asking for for years. In some cases, a fat mace user. Which I do recall seeing requests for throughout the years.

Since I know you people are much smarter than some places I post things and have a better grasp on reading comprehension, you understand this is purely for discussion. Like I have said, I currently cannot say one way or another at the moment whether or not there is anything at all to this supposed "leak" right now.
But it does give us something to think and talk about until they do their E3 reveals or I (hopefully) get some kind of confirmation or denial of what was said. E3 is not far away at all though. So we won't be wondering for too long.

Maybe they are saving some surprises that they didn't show at E3... or not.

On the other side... no Raphael/Amy news are suspicious. And that's quite sad. But I would not be that mad if they add Salia having the best of both and some Cervantes' tricks (I am lying I would still be mad). I don't want replacers. If they finally add a female character they must do it properly.

Probably all fake rumours and the silhouette could be just a generic placeholder but we'll see.

Lack of official news is killing me. I hope Okubo is saving the best for last.

Last edited:
Literally no one knows who Salia is, why would they waste their time making a figure of her instead of a much more popular and well known character?
Come on, I was just kidding. =D
Obviously it's a random picture of some Knight.
But... looks like Salia =P

Ahh
hdvo3DF.jpg

If that's the silhouette of the figurine I am not sold. It looks like a knight from Dark Souls.
Ahh Younger patroklos.

Please, explain to me - why does everyone hate the Patroclos so much?

Well, I doesn't like Patroklos not for his gameplay (something good on him) but for his personality. He is really cocky, and I'm not particularly fond of this kind of personality trait. He is arrogant, haughty, brash.. Ugh.. Reminds me of Asuka Kazama (which I dislike). Brash characters are not my cup of tea. Though I'll go with an exception with Cassandra.

Because he is arrogant, idiotic, cowardly and, overall, unlikable.
Yes, its true.
At the beginning of the story, he behaves this way - but he does it on the advice of the count Dumas.
In later history, he strongly changes his behavior

He is really cocky
Yes, its true
But in this game there are a lot of cocky heroes, for example a Mitsu is not less badass and cocky hero

Please, explain to me - why does everyone hate the Patroclos so much?

I didn't get the hate either, i didn't played that character much not my kind, tho he was original character with new moves, design and personality, even if i usually more excited for new never seen before weapons in the franchise ala SC3 ew characters. But i guess he got lot of hates maybe because he replaced many fan favorite and was set a the main character in that game.

What i hated in the other hand is that they used another slot for an Alpha Patroklos and that has most Setsuka moves, now that was really disgusting, but normal Patroklos is absolutely as fine imo.

Literally all his grabs have underwhelming animations, particle effects + camera angles

However, he has one of the most heroic looking CEs

I think pat got a lot of hate because he replaced setsuka who was pretty bae. His obnoxious and bratty arrogance didn't help, I mean when a characters only redeeming quality is that he wants to bang his sister, then it's easy to see why he gets so much hate.

He was really arrogant and annoying in the story mode and was on the roster twice. Also he's seen somewhat as having replaced not only Cassandra but Setsuka too, essentially replacing 2 girls with one guy (I know his main style is mostly new but they replaced siblings with siblings, and Pyrrha was definitely Sophie's replacement of the siblings which makes him the new Cassandra).

I liked Pyrrha quite a lot though, there's just something about the tortured self-abased heroine type that I love seeing. Especially since my favourite character was the one making her miserable.

Back