Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Honestly I really liked scv soundtrack. It had a lot of epic tracks, like mitsu's, Zwei's, xiba's and dare I say it damp's. Anyway you could buy music as dlc from the earlier games anyway, so it wasn't really that much of an issue if you did if like it

What if... the mystery silhouette is actually Ivy's figurine ? Would be a bit disappointing in my opinion (though I like Ivy).

I hope not, also hope this silhouette is pure random and is actually a character to get revealed with his/her own figurine and gameplay trailer :)

Wonder who it can be.. new character introduced in the series ? Talim ? Cervantes ? There are so many ideas lol.

I randomly decided to listen to Ephemeral Dream and Innocent Vision again (BGMs from both of Setsuka's stages in SCIII/SCIV) and I really hope they knock it out of the ballpark with the soundtrack on this game because both of those themes (which happen to be the same song, lol) are some of the best I've heard in the game. I haven't had the easiest time of listening to the themes for the stages on most gameplay videos because the voices/sound effects/commentary is distracting, so I can't tell for myself how I like them yet.

SCV was actually quite lacking in the musical department in comparison to SCIV and SCIII, with the only noteworthy one I remember being Dance of the Oracle (but that only popped up when you were versing Viola in Quick Play...).
To each own, I guess. I suppose SCIV's soundtrack has a better composition, but I have a hard time listening to it outside the game. There isn't really anything in SCIV I liked to listen to, say, during walk in a park, a train ride, or on a project. I sure as hell did that with SCV's soundtrack, especially aPat and Kilik's theme. SCV's seems based on melody than SCIV's. SCV's soundtrack is a lot better than most people give it credit for

Last edited:
A+B is great for post GI and it crushes GI & RE. Possession is good in other ways for Makki-Maru chip damage. SCVI isn't out yet, but Taki is a good character.

mark my words taki was shit in soul calibur 4 and she also didn't have those attacks, and soul calibur 6 is based on soul calibur 4 so i'm not surpreised that she will be bad

she will be mid tier at least but not as great as natsu

There was a big maxi launcher and juggle just now against Siegfried

Yeah, Maxi looks great with the soul charge guard crush moves - like Fei Long - and then he has the kick!

Wicked Siegfried juggle just now

Holy shit, that Taki play is some next level!! Those ground combos... damn. Are the projectiles even powered up in Soul Charge?

I have to congratulate Project Soul... there's defo some attention to detail gone into various characters... commendable

I never seen Taki look that good before.... just shame he wasn't using any ground bombs or that 2 hit possession move, but he was using all other pos moves... a whole array of them actually... quite smooth transitions in general, and ended with the 1A or whatever the oki attack is.

Now he's using ground bombs, but Zas has stolen the show!

Last edited:
Back