Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

#nerfsieg

It ain't Siegfried. It's more like, Sophitia pulling off a TAS B JF with as much damage as a CE.

Or Ivy with a long range, safe, tracking mid with that kind of damage attached to it.

If we're going to go ahead and guarantee that much damage off one or two key moves on random hits or counter hits. Might as well buff Taki's ground combo or better yet Zasalamel's guaranteed damage off a slow, unsafe launcher.

At least Sieg is working for his damage.

The best bit in those exhibition matches has to be when Ivy launched the opponent and then juggled with that "triple wave" followed by the air grab... what the hell what that!? 0_0

Because Siegfried was heavily nerfed pre-realese and in all subsequent patches, the meta didn't had anything to do with him getting so fucked.

Well he was nerfed because people (with SC4 in head) had no idea how the meta would have evolved, and that in this one he wouldn't have been OP.

Still this is the idea : it is too soon to think about Tier or OPness now, we have no idea about the full potential of every chars and how the meta will evolve (we don't even have the full roster yet).

Last edited:
I love the high damage. And RE/GI-able throws make way more sense now in the context of having unblockable ones. They're basically turning offense, defense, and movesets to 11 for everyone and I wouldn't have it any other way. Too many other modern fighters nerf abilities to try to create balance, but making everyone "OP" is the best and most daring way to do it.

Did we know that entering SCS (Soul Charge state) can be cancelled by an opponent if he/she GIs the initialization burst? It's in Ivy vs Mitsu vid around 7:45. :3

I didn't notice that actually.

Btw there are a lot of Ivy moves I've seen for the first time in that 1 video. I was almost starting to think that they cut 90% of her moves and even the ones shown in her trailer l0l Gladly don't seem to be the case.

Hi guyz, as you know I finally get a new invitation for the new build. They asked me and Kayane to bring one person. We choosed Keev and Keysona depending on who was available.

If you have some specific things to test out, you can ask. I will mostly test things on Kilik, Maxi and Siegfried and record match with the other 3 players.

I will also talk with Namco for future events in France, because we don't get anything yet. And I wil deliver all my community surveys about the game.

Also, I hope to publish you more things in the next 3 days. I'am desperatly hoping a char reveal because I can't decide between the last characters left, it's so confusing right now.

Haven't watch ceo footages. IDC about high level stuffs, I'm only interest in seeing new stuffs rn.
Yeah I just want to see new moves/tech displayed and character potential.
Fortunately the CEO stuff showed that. And after watching that made the hyrul footage disappointing in comparison

Don’t you think developers knows better than us what’s good or not for the game?

idk. im still on the fence with Reversal Edge. really not feeling how it looks in some situations and the rock, paper, scissors aspect of it in a soul cal game. in my opinion though. maybe it will groh on me.

on another note. Siegfried looking like a nightmare to play against

Back