Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It's more like, Sophitia pulling off a TAS B JF with as much damage as a CE.

Or Ivy with a long range, safe, tracking mid with that kind of damage attached to it.
I don't disagree with you that a few of those things are silly, but damage in VI is much higher than in past games, if everyone is doing stupid damage, no one is doing stupid damage at all, I think there are things Ivy is doing that deals a lot of damage and that TASB:4 damage is kinda of outrageous on SC, but you won't have to deal with SC all the time.

That said, the UI probably gives a impression that the damage is much more upscaled than we think.

On the Ivy thing, I'm not sure I know the move you mean.

EDIT: Did you guys notice that a few of the recolours got their weapon recolored too? Like Sophie and Zas.

Last edited:
Hi guyz, as you know I finally get a new invitation for the new build. They asked me and Kayane to bring one person. We choosed Keev and Keysona depending on who was available.

If you have some specific things to test out, you can ask. I will mostly test things on Kilik, Maxi and Siegfried and record match with the other 3 players.

I will also talk with Namco for future events in France, because we don't get anything yet. And I wil deliver all my community surveys about the game.

Also, I hope to publish you more things in the next 3 days. I'am desperatly hoping a char reveal because I can't decide between the last characters left, it's so confusing right now.
Can you ask for reducing the GI window if more people also want it?

I’m not super familiar with Hyrul and his history with Ivy, but Linkrkcckrkckrkckrkkc has always been a monster with her. He’s been knocking dudes dead since back in the day so the comparison probably isn’t even fair.

I hope to see more old faces show up again once SCVI hits the tournament circuit.

Don’t you think developers knows better than us what’s good or not for the game?
That's where you're wrong, mate.

Devs evolve in a "closed" area of their own game, they barely perceive what's welcome and what isn't by the community, even if the said devs actually believed their ideas were awesome.

Oh wow Ivy SNAPPED in those exhibition matches
default_eek.gif
she looks really strong in this game

Nah, we’re getting a reveal on 7/5... remember the Best Buy minifigure they listed?

Remember how it said, “Will include TINY ASTAROTH” -ahem... yes, that’s exactly what it said. Tinystaroth. Yes. No one else. Don’t go back in this thread of to their website. Nothing more to see here, just, tiny Astaroth.

Nah, we’re getting a reveal on 7/5... remember the Best Buy minifigure they listed?

Remember how it said, “Will include TINY ASTAROTH” -ahem... yes, that’s exactly what it said. Tinystaroth. Yes. No one else. Don’t go back in this thread of to their website. Nothing more to see here, just, tiny Astaroth.
Maybe our friend want to know if a char reveal will come alongside the figurine reveal? :)

That's where you're wrong, mate.

Devs evolve in a "closed" area of their own game, they barely perceive what's welcome and what isn't by the community, even if the said devs actually believed their ideas were awesome.

We are amateurs and they're proffesionals.It's wrong to teach them how to do their job.

It's really interesting to see the reaction to @Linkrkc's use of Ivy. However, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about Ivy's strength as a character by his play. Obviously, the game is still a work in progress, but remember, not only is Link one of the best Soul Calibur players in history, he's the best Ivy player--ever. I don't know what the hell Tim was talking about when he said that he (Tim) was surprised that Link was doing so well. @Linkrkc has won more tournaments than many of those players he faced have even been out of the first round in a tournament. Don't get me wrong: I'm not slighting those players. They're all great players. But if there was a Soul Calibur hall of fame, then Link would be one of the first inductees.

So while I know an initial reaction to the exhibition is to think that Ivy is really strong, much of that strength comes from the user's 10+ years of winning tournaments, his unbelievable reaction ability, and his unmatched ability to adapt quickly.

But as an Ivy player myself--I'm hoping she's a monster! ;-)

We are amateurs and they're proffesionals.It's wrong to teach them how to do their job.
We're the consumers, they aren't. We know what attracts us and what doesn't. Of course, not all of us and not all of our wishes are good, but most of the time we know that something won't work because that's not what makes the game what we like.

Example: Dynasty Warriors 6, where the devs thought a brand new way of fighting was good. It was a mess, and most people didn't like the game. They switched back to their "normal" genre. And then again the devs thought it would be awesome to change everything (open world, more "realistic" weapons, etc.) in 9. People are completely against the game and asking for what was removed (which, of course, is given back via DLC). I could bet anything that they will go back to the same ol' playstyle with 10.

That's one of the most obvious examples, but how many games were thought to include marvelous ideas by the devs and ended up being given the cold shoulder by players?

We're the consumers, they aren't. We know what attracts us and what doesn't. Of course, not all of us and not all of our wishes are good, but most of the time we know that something won't work because that's not what makes the game what we like.

Example: Dynasty Warriors 6, where the devs thought a brand new way of fighting was good. It was a mess, and most people didn't like the game. They switched back to their "normal" genre. And then again the devs thought it would be awesome to change everything (open world, more "realistic" weapons, etc.) in 9. People are completely against the game and asking for what was removed (which, of course, is given back via DLC). I could bet anything that they will go back to the same ol' playstyle with 10.

That's one of the most obvious examples, but how many games were thought to include marvelous ideas by the devs and ended up being given the cold shoulder by players?
Most of the consumers are just kids or casual noobs.Their opinion is subjective.Do you remember when in SC5 group of casual playes cried about NIghtmare's throw damage and after that PS nerfed him.When you can't deal with certain moves or characters it's doesn't mean that they are broken.

It's really interesting to see the reaction to @Linkrkc's use of Ivy. However, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about Ivy's strength as a character by his play. Obviously, the game is still a work in progress, but remember, not only is Link one of the best Soul Calibur players in history, he's the best Ivy player--ever. I don't know what the hell Tim was talking about when he said that he (Tim) was surprised that Link was doing so well. @Linkrkc has won more tournaments than many of those players he faced have even been out of the first round in a tournament. Don't get me wrong: I'm not slighting those players. They're all great players. But if there was a Soul Calibur hall of fame, then Link would be one of the first inductees.

So while I know an initial reaction to the exhibition is to think that Ivy is really strong, much of that strength comes from the user's 10+ years of winning tournaments, his unbelievable reaction ability, and his unmatched ability to adapt quickly.

But as an Ivy player myself--I'm hoping she's a monster! ;-)

Exactly what I'm trying to say. @Linkrkc is phenomenal player with double reaction time and amazing execution skills.If Ivy looking too strong in his hands it doesn't mean she is good or broken.SC3 Ivy was mid tier but he made her looking like S tier.

Most of the consumers are just kids or casual noobs.Their opinion is subjective.Do you remember when in SC5 group of casual playes cried about NIghtmare's throw damage and after that PS nerfed him.When you can't deal with certain moves or characters it's doesn't mean that they are broken.
So you're telling me that here the devs didn't know it wasn't in their best interest to do it.

As I said, not every comment is worth something, but in most cases when a fanbase complains in the same direction, usually they are a little bit more likely to know what would be better for the game than the devs.

So you're telling me that here the devs didn't know it wasn't in their best interest to do it.

As I said, not every comment is worth something, but in most cases when a fanbase complains in the same direction, usually they are a little bit more likely to know what would be better for the game than the devs.

If veteran competitive players compains about something they are probably right.If casual players complains about something they are definitely not.It's as simple as that.

Back