Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

IMHO. just keep Raphael, fix him and make Amy Viola.
You know what while we're at it why not just combine Raphael and Amy into one character. It can be Raphael with some of Amy's moves while also wearing Amy's dress. It's the best of all possible worlds.

But Big V, what about more Calibur leaks?

HELP US, THE STARVING CHILDREN OF THE INTARWEBZ WHO DESIRE THE MEATY MORSELS OF SOUL CALIBUR KNOWLEDGE.

View attachment 49753
I'm sorry, starving childrens, I have no fresh morsels for you to feed on yet for SCVI. I am still working on finding out more.

You know what while we're at it why not just combine Raphael and Amy into one character. It can be Raphael with some of Amy's moves while also wearing Amy's dress. It's the best of all possible worlds.
I'm sure someone is probably going to try and mod him into wearing that now. I hope you're proud of yourself. xD

Make a cas raph and call it amy
Make a cas soph and call it cassandra
Make a cas Astaroth and call it Rock?
Pretty sure that makes everyone happy.

I would preffer to have the base roster characters who are story relevant plus bonus characters (unlockables in-game) that have a personal style (not clones).
Like in Soul Calibur III but refined even more.

That's what would make everyone happy. Unfortunately it seems they won't have enough time for that considering the release date and the fact they said they are focused on quality instead of quantity.

But maybe they are saving the best for the last and they still have some surprises to show us.

I mean there is another story mode they still haven't revealed yet. Maybe you can unlock those characters there and the select screen will be different (bigger) in other modes.
In the end the roster screen must be bigger considering we have DLC characters so there is still room to add one more circle for "Bonus characters" and another circle for "DLC characters".

I just don't want to loose hope yet. I am one of those who want base roster Raphael and bonus Amy with her own rapier style (+ Viola as DLC). I would like to see also Hwang/Yun-seong, Seong Mi-na, Cassandra, Rock, Li Long on regard of "clones" that are not clones at all. They all deserve to be playable in some form. I want to dream.

Last edited:
Barring any other further alterations to both, the select screen only has nine slots left (when you add Talim), while the story mode screen has six blurred names (not including one that presumably will go to Talim). This means that of the nine characters left in the roster, at the very least three of them will not even have a story mode to be accessed. This predicament just reminds me of the unlockable boss/story-exclusive characters from SCV that were Alpha Patroklos, Pyrrha Omega, and the mimics (Kilik/Elysium/Edge Master).

For certain I can say that three of the six slots left will likely be Astaroth, Cervantes, and Voldo (surprise surprise), but if I had to guess on the last three slots? Raphael (brought Siegfried out of Soul Edge's control), Tira (joining Zasalamel to represent SC3 and be an ample part of both Nightmare and Sophitia's storylines), as well as Lizardman (the story mode screenshot everyone likes to reference; plus a sword and shield character that's different from Sophitia in the same way that Pyrrha and Patroklos were? What a concept). Grøh's father might end up being an unlockable boss character, or one of them.
This has been a part of speculation for quite some time. and it was suggested/leaked that the bottom row first three slots would go to characters who do not have story modes for one reason or another. This could be for characters who don't have relevant roles to play or it could also be unlockable boss characters. The possibility also exists that the long-standing hole in the center could be filled in by Inferno upon completion of the story, which would be an unlockable boss character and a mimic wrapped into one, so no need for Edge Master.

Talim is confirmed to be both in story and in roster, but due to her age looking relatively similar to her SoulCalibur II appearance, she can only really be the line above Zasalamel, which takes place in 1590.

Astaroth, Cervantes, and Lizardman were all seen in the story trailer and story screenshots that have been released, so those three are definitely safe bets at being both in story and in roster. Astaroth and Lizardman along with Ivy and Nightmare form the Schwarzstrom, and they would all have their roles to play. Cervantes would be killed during the prologue/SoulBlade part of the story, but revival after the events of SoulCalibur but before SoulCalibur II gives him a spot in story too. Voldo is a safe bet at being in roster for sure, since he's literally been in every single game, and is somewhat a mascot. His sub-rivalry with Yoshimitsu also suggests that he will be in story. Tira has story that could encompass this entire timeline, since she is confirmed active as a Bird of Passage starting in 1583 when she was nine years old. Doubt she actually appears as nine years old, probably closer to thirteen-fifteen years old, to be more reasonable, but she has a place both in story and in roster. The last story and roster spot could be either Hwang or Rock, if it's not a new character. I lean towards Hwang, since he has a unique style, unlike Rock.

Raphael, though, his events that you describe about bringing Siegfried out of Soul Edge's control, that doesn't happen until the end of SoulCalibur II, which is in the year 1591. So it doesn't fit on the timeline, so if he is in roster, he could be one of the three that is not in story. Same for Grøh's father, Vergeben has said that he will be a boss character, and if he's unlocked upon completion of the story, since he would be the last last boss, it would make sense if he is in roster but not story. That is, unless he's an overpowered boss like Night Terror, in which case, he may not be unlockable at all. The third and last roster but not in story slot could then go to Cassandra, since she's not really active until SoulCalibur II events either, but there isn't a timeline spot that fits her like Talim. If Grøh's father isn't unlockable, there's also the possibility that Seong Mi-na could go in one of these slots, for the same reason.

In the end the roster screen must be bigger considering we have DLC characters so there is still room to add one more circle for "Bonus characters" and another circle for "DLC characters".
We have those two circles in the bottom left and bottom right, tiny circles just off of either side of the bottom row. They likely open submenus.

I'd say one is CaS and one is DLC, personally. The Bonus Characters might be unlockable CaS templates, perhaps, if they don't have their own movesets.

After watching quite a bit of gameplay recently, I feel like I'm in the same boat as people who think PS might've overdid it with the special effects in the game. It's a little TOO flashy.

Tekken 7 overdid it at first but it was toned down in later builds, hopefully PS does the same to SC6.

My biggest grievance with the special effects is still that HORRENDOUS blue arc effect on what I THINK is a counter hit. It's easily the most out of place visual in the game for me.

After watching quite a bit of gameplay recently, I feel like I'm in the same boat as people who think PS might've overdid it with the special effects in the game. It's a little TOO flashy.

Tekken 7 overdid it at first but it was toned down in later builds, hopefully PS does the same to SC6.
I hate that damn confusing aura Sieg has when his life bar is running low.
I don't like Nightmare's aura too. It's too much confusing for me.

Back