Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

What is that!?

This build of the game has a ton of bugs that I’ve spotted. Here’s another one at 6:22 a back turned glitch

Groh taunt

Last edited:

Fake or Real?
I went back and looked at part 1, and I don't see how they got from there to part 2. I'm saying they're just doing it for attention. There's no other reason I can see to split it into two videos like this. If they showed every stage of the process instead of these two super short videos, it would have more credibility. As-is? Nah. Not believing this a bit.

Here's part 1:

Maybe or maybe not.I need to play final version first.For me it's stupid to judge incomplete game.Why people do that shit?
Not sure who you're talking to, but if it's me, it's mostly about space control. Ivy has always been good at this in every game, and every game had her as one of the top characters. ...Except SC5. When there was JG, and her recovery was such that you get in on her much easier, and she needed CH to do real damage. Take that stuff away, and she's in a really good spot. I'm not suggesting she's broken and needs to be banned, lol.

Though if that thing about her command grab being unbreakable is true, I dunno about that.

I went back and looked at part 1, and I don't see how they got from there to part 2. I'm saying they're just doing it for attention. There's no other reason I can see to split it into two videos like this. If they showed every stage of the process instead of these two super short videos, it would have more credibility. As-is? Nah. Not believing this a bit.

Here's part 1:
I've fiddled with trying to make the blurred names apparent, and I have no idea how you'd get the result in the video. I think that Seong Mi-Na's one of the names which could fit in that slot (but I'm not sure how long the dash and space characters are supposed to be), but I think the video is bogus.

The biggest issue about the Korean characters and their relevance to the plot is that...they're satellite characters upon satellite characters upon satellite characters. Their main motivator in the storyline of the series beyond "I want the Soul Swords" (like 90% of the cast's motivations) is to bring each other home.

If they're going to add at least one Korean character in the storyline, it's probably going to be Yun-seong only because the storyline we've seen so far spans all the way to the disputed 1590-1591 timeline where SCII and SCIII were occurring and Yun-seong was actively Talim's traveling partner. Seong Mi-na's relevance to the plot at that point was to dissuade him from going after the sword (something Talim already is doing) and to bring him back to Korea. Which was also what Hwang was trying to do with Mi-na (who had gone after the sword in the past) in SCI.

But why Yun-seong over Hwang if the reboot begins in SCI? It's precisely because they've added Talim, and the implication that her entry into the storyline likely still occurs during the SCII timeline, a point where Hwang is no longer relevant. The last time Hwang was even a fully fledged character, represented solely by his actual identity, was SCI. In SCII he was replaced by the unlockable and otherwise non-descript Assassin, and in SCIII he was completely demoted to bonus character, but revised for the Arcade Edition (which wasn't released on console) alongside Amy and Li Long. Of those three...only Amy returned as an actual character in SCIV, and I don't have to explain the rest.

TL;DR: Yun-seong is probably the only Korean character they'll return to series if they had to pick one.

It feels almost too obvious to say, but this is "the stage of history, retold." There's nothing stopping them from giving characters like Mi-na more storyline involvement, or even just fleshing out their existing storylines more, this time around.

I really don't get the whole "they won't be in the game because they aren't important to the story" thing when you apply it to characters like Mi-na. If anything, the lack of her character having much of a story in the original games means that they're free to do a lot more with her in a reboot...

This is a reboot centered around SC1. She was in SC1. It seems to me like the exact point of a reboot is to explore stuff like this, missed opportunities and under-utilized characters from the original game. What's the point of rebooting if they're going to do everything the same and keep the irrelevant characters irrelevant? If she's not in, I'd be very surprised.

All the more reason for them to package the rest as DLC later, especially in a game with as few character slots as this one. Just because they won’t be playable now doesn’t mean they can’t be playable later, and it definitely doesn’t mean they’ll be omitted from the storyline.

Lol, have you seen what she can do? It's like watching Sc4 all over again, lol

And what's wrong with that? ;-)

Though if that thing about her command grab being unbreakable is true, I dunno about that.

No worries here--you're already used to SS being unbreakable. Remember, SS was a BE throw in SCV that couldn't be broken, so there's no need to worry; you know how to play against that (and the tell to SS in this game is even easier to spot now with the flames and all). Not to mention: Link already confirmed that SS is GI-able, so there you go.

Of course you were the first person I thought about when that Talim reveal dropped. If this game is going the way I think it might be going (which is an attempt to channel SCII), then I think you and all the Talim players will probably be excited because Talim was broken in SCII--a monster. And if Okubo and the other developers mirror that, then everybody else should look out below because there's going to be a lot of 236AAABBBAKA for like 110 damage, lol.

And what's wrong with that? ;-)

No worries here--you're already used to SS being unbreakable. Remember, SS was a BE throw in SCV that couldn't be broken, so there's no need to worry; you know how to play against that (and the tell to SS in this game is even easier to spot now with the flames and all). Not to mention: Link already confirmed that SS is GI-able, so there you go.

Of course you were the first person I thought about when that Talim reveal dropped. If this game is going the way I think it might be going (which is an attempt to channel SCII), then I think you and all the Talim players will probably be excited because Talim was broken in SCII--a monster. And if Okubo and the other developers mirror that, then everybody else should look out below because there's going to be a lot of 236AAABBBAKA for like 110 damage, lol.
You could 100% totally break SS in SC5! Lol.
And I doubt people will be GI-ing it on purpose. If people GI it, it'll be because they just happened to do so.

Talim sounds like she's gonna be completely different from anything we've seen. Seems closer to her SC4 style though which is great for me, lol

And what even IS 236AAABBBAKA? I've never seen that input in my life

Last edited:
I don't get it. Mina missed one game, Soul Calibur 5; I don't see why there would be a reluctance for that character not to be in the game in a remake of SC1's story.

Either way, I don't buy the video either, but that is where she would fit on the story mode roster. I'm going to keep at eye on that guy and see if he'll make other videos revealed the characters under those blurs. If he can, then his technique is legit, but if he's only going to reveal one, he's obviously pulling a fake.

Back