Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I do think that 2B looks cool and all but I just would rather not see her in a Soul Calibur game but seeing how things are, it seems more likekly she will be. I'd prefer to see Bayonetta over her as far as guest character go lol

Just saw some gameplay of Nier and 2B actually looks kind of cool. I don't play it, but are there things like portals or time travel type of stuff in that world? If so than a logic similar to Ezio and Geralt could work. Also, to me, she doesn't seem too far design-wise from Groh.
Mmm...in a sense? The Drakengard/Nier timeline is essentially an alternate timeline of reality where in 856 a modern city just appeared out of nowhere, and with it came magic and such. At one point in history all of that seems to disappear until 2003, where a certain original joke ending of Drakengard 1 leads to the events of Nier, and much much much later on, Nier Automata. There also happen to be a separate set of androids not mentioned in Automata (which is the furthest in the history of this fiction we've seen in a game, and means lorewise we actually don't know their true purpose or origin still) monitoring and recording all of time, including multiple branches and timelines. I don't suppose it would be a stretch to try to shoehorn in 2B through such an excuse, but it absolutely would break canon.

3 reveal of Tira, Astaroth, and Seong Mi-na still seems likely if that last Okubo tweet was interpreted correctly. Or just Tira, because tweeting bird (of passage).

I was just thinking about the future of how the graphics will be like and the games. Boy I can wait for soul calibur x ivy will be WOW! Coming back to reality I think they won't release a demo. Hopefully a beta but that probably be a 2 days long just to test the servers. I'll also be damn if they delayed it like code vein.

Regarding characters I really want Project Soul to put another row at the bottom, fill the space in the middle and change that question mark slot to character slots so we have 30 characters in total. Doing that will pretty much give everyone their character. I mean lets look at SC3AE character select. All it's missing is Hilde, Groh and Geralt which would round off the character select to 30.

Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition.jpg

I have this really stupid idea that I simply have to get off my chest. :D... Maybe I should go to the shitposting thread for this, but like everyone, I think too highly of myself for that. :sc1ivy1:

I despise Yoshimitsu's English voice. In Japanese, his sentences, way of expression and movements are literally theatrical. Wouldn't it be grand if his English VA was none other than sir Patrick Stewart? :DDD just imagine his voice saying those lines.
"Heaven's net casts wide. Though its coarse, nothing slips through."

"evil spirit! Begone!"

"thou shalt breathe thy last!"

"storm and stress cometh from all sides"

"those without courage oppress the weak"

"Hyo hyo hyooeeeeeeeeeee."

... You may now resume your daily activities.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

I'm sure people have already speculated on this image but I'm late to the party do we have a general idea on what each of these might mean?

1. Can't tell what the image is kinda looks like a boat
2. story mode? (create your own story?)
3. create-a-soul/character?
4. Battle (I'm predicting a survival and possibly a time trial in addition to versus)
5. Crown/Royalty (possibly tournament?)
6. Possibly a representation of world or online honestly can't tell. (it could also be an extras option if online is the crown or under battle).
8. Training

Last edited:
3 reveal of Tira, Astaroth, and Seong Mi-na still seems likely if that last Okubo tweet was interpreted correctly. Or just Tira, because tweeting bird (of passage).

Do you have this tweet? And does this tweet implies we will get someone or it is just an Okubo's tweet implying nothing?

Do you have this tweet? And does this tweet implies we will get someone or it is just an Okubo's tweet implying nothing?
"Amazing to see many Talim players.
Thank you
all for,,, ahh time to sleep. Still tons of work to do to deliver the best
SOULCALIBUR. "

lol it's the one he did after the talim one (about time to sleep). someone is saying that a tweet itself is hinting towards tira because of her being a member of bird of passage.

The possibility of Seong Mi-na could be from the use of the words "the best" as she is known to have said that in four different lines throughout her existence. She is also one of the characters hunting after soulcalibur instead of soul edge (as of IV at least). So perhaps people are basing the tweet after that...or possibly just because A for Astaroth, T for Tira, and S for Seong Mi-na but that's not quite as exciting as reading too much into a simple tweet. I can also argue the case for Raphael, Amy/viola, Tira, Seong Mi-na, Hwang, Yun-Seong, Cassandra, and Algol if I really need to.

Last edited:
It's this tweet, which Hayate said is a hint but Okubo is being a lot more subtle this time:

5mWNk0x.png

So instead of it being straight, like T - a - l - i - m , this one is A - T - a - S , which could be:

Astaroth
Tira
and
Seong Mi-na

There was another response that was goofing that implied the subtle is just that it's a tweet, and birds tweet, so Bird of Passage = Tira.

I'm sure people have already speculated on this image but I'm late to the party do we have a general idea on what each of these might mean?
My hopes and dreams, anyway:

1. Online
2. Story
3. Creation
4. Battle
5. Museum
6. Shop
7. Options
8. Training

View attachment 49826

1. Can't tell what the image is kinda looks like a boat
2. story mode? (create your own story?)
3. create-a-soul/character?
4. Battle (I'm predicting a survival and possibly a time trial in addition to versus)
5. Crown/Royalty (possibly tournament?)
6. Possibly a representation of world or online honestly can't tell. (it could also be an extras option if online is the crown or under battle).
8. Training
Here is my take:

1). Boat - Story Mode
2). Book - Chronicles of the Sword
3). Knight - Create-a-Soul
4). S&S - Battle (Arcade /Normal, Survivor, Time Attack/, Versus /Normal, Team Battle, Tournament/, Practice)
5). Crown - Online
6). Painting of a face? - Museum
7). Eye - Options
8). Bow and arrows? - Maybe a dedicated tutorial mode of a kind, but I'm not sure...

I just realized I don't pay Sony for playing games onl
Here is my take:

8). Bow and arrows? - Maybe a dedicated tutorial mode of a kind, but I'm not sure...
Actually that brings up a valid question...why is there a bow and arrow icon to begin with? Even if it ends up becoming just a training mode why bow/arrow? Could this mean that one of the new characters we might still receive will be the ever illusive bow wielding character?

Actually that brings up a valid question...why is there a bow and arrow icon to begin with? Even if it ends up becoming just a training mode why bow/arrow? Could this mean that one of the new characters we might still receive will be the ever illusive bow wielding character?
A round shaped target with an arrow sticking out of it is instantly associated with a shooting range and therefore is a great shorthand for practice/training. I guess a bow and arrow are close enough symbols, also a target is much better.
I don't think the icon in question is of any indication that there will be a bow and arrow character in the game.

Back