Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Okay real talk, throw out some genuine ideas on how to fix Rock, move him out of bottom tier without making him cheap? Outright unbreakable throws would make him super cheap but what about a smaller throw break window or unbreakable throws from a counter move?
I think they should give him 2 normal standing/crouching/downed throws and one special standing/crouching/downed throw (you can break it with K), so the opponent has always 33% to break Rock's throws. This will be a huge benefit for him, don't you think?

I didn't know there were ps4 build around. The game looks great and even more in off screen vids. (Weirdly)

That's because there is no Voldo/Talim build. I think there's a Voldo/Talim/Astaroth/Cervantes(?) build that they're going to bring to EVO after they announce more characters in the next couple of weeks but they can't show it yet. They didn't show the new select screen in the SDCC footage for a reason (other than @Windstar claiming that they did).

Hope we will get a new build for EVO, which seems likely I think. Talim/Voldo with probably Cervantes/Astaroth/Tira/Newcomer? I'm wondering if we'll get new stages too. We can see Ivy talking to Voldo at the secret Money Pit in her story mode pic. Is this stage becoming present?

Some nice Nightmare vs Taki gameplay right here. It hadn't been uploaded before yesterday.
What worries me is seeing that horrible purple stink that surround Nightmare most of the time. Nightmare seems to be awesome to play, but I don't know if I'll be able to forget that annoyng stink/aura he has...

Last edited:

We're getting new Voldo (& probably Talim) gameplay this thursday! Woohoo i hope it's 4 hours long like the Max stream lol.
Where can I order a beard like that from?
Louvre-Dur-Sharrukin-Throne-Room.jpg

What worries me is seeing that horrible purple stink that surround Nightmare most of the time. Nightmare seems to be awesome to play, but I don't know if I'll be able to forget that annoyng stink/aura he has...
I think it's just the player who likes to incorporate a lot of purple in his stylish matches - he did it for us who he knew would be watching from home!

The issue with Rock's gameplay is that a grappler just isn't a good fit for Soul Calibur. Throws are mostly breakable here and the game revolves a lot around pokes and mix-ups and such, so a character who's whole moveset revolves around throws just plain isn't a very good idea and doesn't mesh well with the rest of the cast.

People like to say SC needs a grappler because every other fighter has one but does it really? SC is hardly your standard fighting game, we have a specific button for guard, low focus on combos, and of course the system this website is named after. If someone can adjust to the guard button they're not going to be thrown off by not having one specific playstyle they typically go for in the game.

Could not agree more, there are plenty of other potential weapon that could be added to the roster that could use grappling to an advantage but not exclusivity.
Considering how the other characters are rock with that set up would be cheap as fuck.

Chain and sickle would be a good shout One more Japanese representative would be cool.

The SoulCalibur Twitter is asking for questions from the community about the game's mechanics that they'll ask the development team:

This was a bad idea. They specifically said game mechanics and most of the questions are about turning off armor break and if 2P costumes will return. I really hate casuals. You're not getting armor break removed, especially since it would require adding more to the HUD.

EDIT: They are doing wishlists for stages, CAS, and unrevealed characters. Literally anything other than discussing game mechanics.

Last edited:
I wonder why Yoshi & Geralt (that I know of) is the only one with Brave Edge moves. I really liked enhanced moves. Anybody know why they took it out? I'm guessing its because of Soul Charge. But that's just guessing.

Back