Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Anyone else catch that remark from markman regarding the select screen not being representative of the final selection;

"You see the empty slots on the versus screen that is not representative of what the final roster count is going to be either"

This could mean a number of things;

1. The final roster count is including the DLC characters which are not currently with selections on the screen (this is the most likely and is line with what they've done before)
2. There are more characters to be revealed than what we see on the select screen.
3. They may have an unlockable character or two. (likely boss character or mimic)
4. They may have a special slot for multiple characters like in previous games perhaps with similar styles of combat.
5. He's misunderstanding something or just plain wrong (maybe purposely misleading).

Last edited:
If any character looks broken to me at the moment it's Kilik. But let's not call to nerf any characters until the game is out eh?

Okay, it's time for crazy conspiracy theory illuminati time.

Vergeben posted an update on his "leak" over at reddit: link

I have no idea if any of this is true since Vergeben has gotten things both right and wrong in the past. But I was randomly reminded of another supposed leak which happened a few months ago by someone claiming the second new character in the game is called Azwel. I looked up that leak and that's a guy who implies he was involved in the localization of the game, and he has talked a lot about roster details (based on what he's saying, it sounds like he's ever only looked at pure text from the game and no other assets).

He posted this list of characters:
Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy Blade
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

First of all, it's a bit weird Ivy is listed as Ivy Blade but maybe he was writing off a list with weapon names.

But the more important thing I noticed about the list is where the crazy conspiracy stuff comes in: the order of characters. I've modded several SC games and I've noticed the games maintain an internal list of characters which has never changed since SC1 (even SC5 still reserved spots in the list for where Hwang and Inferno would be even though they haven't been playable for many games), and the order this supposed leaker used for his list matches that perfectly for every character. And if this guy worked on the localization for the files and he was writing this list based off one of the text files for the game then it makes sense it's this order he would be using.

So there you go. Solved. I'm the hero. You may proceed to shower me with riches. And now let us all panic because I don't see Cassandra in the list. (It's also possible he faked his list by looking up a list of characters which was written down by a modder, but let's just assume he's not fake since that makes me seem super smart.)

Last edited:
How about we wait 'til the game comes out first.........
God forbid we want the game to be balanced before it actually launches.
Anyone else catch that remark from markman regarding the select screen not being representative of the final selection;

"You see the empty slots on the versus screen that is not representative of what the final roster count is going to be either"

This could mean a number of things;

1. The final roster count is including the DLC characters which are not currently with selections on the screen (this is the most likely and is line with what they've done before)
2. There are more characters to be revealed than what we see on the select screen.
3. They may have an unlockable character or two. (likely boss character or mimic)
4. They may have a special slot for multiple characters like in previous games perhaps with similar styles of combat.
5. He's misunderstanding something or just plain wrong.
6. He's an employee of the team and will say misleading things in order to secure more sales. "Not representative" means it could be or could not be, no guarantee either way. He could be trying to bait people into thinking there are more characters than there are.

I have no idea if any of this is true since Vergeben has gotten things both right and wrong in the past. But I was randomly reminded me of another supposed leak which happened a few months ago by someone claiming the second new character in the game is called Azwel. I looked up that leak and that's a guy who implies he was involved in the localization of the game, and he has talked a lot about roster details (based on what he's saying, it sounds like he's ever only looked at pure text from the game and no other assets).

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy Blade
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

First of all, it's a bit weird Ivy is listed as Ivy Blade but maybe he was writing off a list with weapon names.

But the more important thing I noticed about the list is where the crazy conspiracy stuff comes in: the order of characters. I've modded several SC games and I've noticed the games maintain an internal list of characters which has never changed since SC1 (even SC5 still reserved spots in the list for where Hwang and Inferno would be even though they haven't been playable for many games), and the order this supposed leaker used for his list matches that perfectly for every character. And if this guy worked on the localization for the files and he was writing this list based off one of the text files for the game then it makes sense it's this order he would be using.

So there you go. Solved. I'm the hero. You may proceed to shower me with riches. And now let us all panic because I don't see Cassandra in the list. (It's also possible he faked his list by looking up a list of characters which was written down by a modder, but let's just assume he's not fake since that makes me seem super smart.)
Ignoring no new female characters and just 2 newbs period, this is actually a pretty solid, if not safe, roster.

I have no idea if any of this is true since Vergeben has gotten things both right and wrong in the past. But I was randomly reminded me of another supposed leak which happened a few months ago by someone claiming the second new character in the game is called Azwel. I looked up that leak and that's a guy who implies he was involved in the localization of the game, and he has talked a lot about roster details (based on what he's saying, it sounds like he's ever only looked at pure text from the game and no other assets).

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy Blade
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

At least that list has Raphael in it.
Vergeben leaks do not sound accurate lately (that's what I want to believe)

I mean there is no way they could leave Raphael out from the launch roster.
But that's the same I thought about Lei on Tekken 7...

Last edited:
Wow I said something with (an obvious) second degree and now people are making a huge deal with it lol c'mon guys we're way better than this.

I been telling you all this from a while ago.... they did say this game almost didnt get approved and PS was in some serious shit. This is a last ditch effort. It only makes sense they'll be sure to throw in every possible character.

4 characters reveal seems a bit too much but considering the game will launch in 2 months and there are 8/9 (I'm not sure need to count again lol) characters left, and also it's Evo so that's quite possible too

I was reading Vergebens leak on reddit I hope he's wrong about Raphael that's the character my friend liked using.

ps I was hoping to read something about darkstalkers since Ono supposedly said something during Comic con

He already said on the Reddit it's going to be Cervantes, Tira, Astaroth, and Grøh's Dad. I guess this is the final test of his veracity.
Where, exactly?

Not sure If you're referring to this:
Lastly, some of the characters that I know for Soul Calibur VI that still remain to be revealed include Tira, Astaroth, Cervantes, and Grøh's dad (I don't know his name, but I should note may also be his master, but can't confirm that for sure yet). Grøh's dad is also a boss in the story.

Lizardman will be in the game, not as DLC or anything like that, but in the game. However I cannot confirm him having a unique moveset as a playable character or just being a Sophitia clone to beat up only in the story mode at the moment.

Raphael likely isn't part of the roster due to the wording that I have been given about "Raphael fans are in for some stress sweat" which can obviously be taken as "No Raphael" or Raphael is just really bad (again). Historically Raphael has been awful outside of SCII. But it sounds more like he isn't in.

I know of Cassandra, but not a hard confirm whether she is definitely part of the launch roster or DLC.

Hilde is another character that I know of getting in at some point, as I heard way back around the end of last year that she would be DLC. With there being so few DLC characters in the season pass they announced (3 characters plus a bonus character), we'll see if she comes out with those or not since I'm still working on finding out the rest of the launch roster and DLC characters. My point is don't be too surprised if Hilde's in the season pass due to how long ago I heard about her being put away as a DLC character.

There will be a 23/24 character roster at launch. At least one of the DLC characters is a guest by the way. The other two DLC characters "aren't really relevant in the story." No clues on anyone the guest is yet, but it's not any of the mages from The Witcher and probably not another Witcher character. So it looks to be someone from something else entirely.
It seems like just the general stuff we already know. He didn't state that those 4 WILL be revealed tomorrow.
Besides, i feel like @Vergeben will post any new info here first, instead of reddit.

Back