Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Harada has gain levels since then, but even now he don't have such power on dictating release dates for other games and such things, and PS that worked on TTT2 that true but saying that it was Harada decision is just another speculation, and again sure Harada has big level in companie, and his mouth can definitely affect the true highers in the company that make those decision, but i highly doubt the things that you were mentioning were directly dictated by Harada.
You really don't know what the Director of a department can do if you think Harada didn't have the power of doing that.

Those things were not speculation, they are just old news so it is hard to find on the internet specially over 4 years after they were revealed, circa 2014 we got some information about SCV development which was about a year before the information Daishi left the company was given.

Again, if you don't understand what the head of a department can and cannot do, I'm wasting my time trying to explain how resource management works.

Yes!! God, please, yes!! I am one of those!

The story should be that 18 year old Bangoo was all alone after Rock was captured by that cult and assimilated into being Astaroth. For a while, he fends for himself, growing stronger in the wilds, until meeting Maxi, who wants revenge on Astaroth. As they quest and train together, a romance is born between Maxi and Bangoo that blossoms until that fateful day when they finally locate Astaroth. They engage him in a fierce battle, but then memories of Rock spark Astaroth to recognise Bangoo. A dilemma is conceived in Bangoo's mind. "is this my father...?" what happens next?? Will Maxi turn on his lover and, as a consequence, cause Bangoo to turn on the world in his own desperation?

Geez, the potential in this is so great, but we'll probably just end up with another BANGOOOO! BANGOOOO! joke ending. -_-

Here I thought that my scenario between Diego x Rig from DOA6 and Maxi x Groh was steamy and complicated; but this takes the piece of pie!

How long does everyone think it'll be until we see a new build with post-E3 reveals? I'm curious about Asta and Mina in particular since they look like they could be reworked quite a bit from their trailers. I guess it's possible to have no new build until launch but I really hope we can get some more decent gameplay of newer reveals and not just exclusive gameplay from IGN or whatever by people who've never played SC before.

They already did cut all the female characters from SCV (maybe they already thought of selling them as DLC)
DLC is only to be either female characters or some veteran male character like Raphael (he will sell well for sure)
1. That was due to them being "too old"
2. This game undoes to the time skip of SCV

Here I thought that my scenario between Diego x Rig from DOA6 and Maxi x Groh was steamy and complicated; but this takes the piece of pie!
In a good way, I hope. :sc1ivy1:
Having a storyline not unlike this would give the game a buzz of being progressive, and maybe it would reach more people across the media who would want to try the game. Then again, maybe not. Who knows.

1. That was due to them being "too old"
2. This game undoes to the time skip of SCV

I know that, that was the official excuse, too bad it doesn't make logical sense when you consider Ivy's age and the excuse that she stopped aging because magic lol.

This week many companies have holidays in Japan (Obon holiday) so things may be slow (to nonexistent).

Some companies have floating summer holidays but many that don’t have this week (or part of it) off.

You know how it goes; same weapon, must be a clone of the original.
Never forget that the majority don't really play every single character, and even if they did they would never invest deeply enough to see all the little differences that make them different.
I have a long post on this subject on the what is a clone to you thread. But I'm gonna put a somewhat shorter reply on that here. Having the same weapon is a clone aspect. It is one amongs many by like any of them taking to extremes would ruin a game. Imagine soul calibur if everyone used nunchucks. Even if every style was different, every character different, but each and every character used nunchucks, do you think it would do anywhere near as well as it has? Of course not, and I say this as an Amy fan who wants her in knowing full well she can't be in without Raphael first and that as a result the same weapon clone issue occurs. There's a difficult balance to all things, many aspects of a character can be a cloned trait.

Personally the safest way to avoid the clone weapon effect is to make sure all the major world weapon types are included first, then clones won't be such a big deal. Strong foundation of weapon variety allows for more weapon clones without complaint. Six is doing decent at this as seen by the inclusion of Mina. She represents the pole arm which is a major weapon category. They've separated her from Kilik by changing her moves up. Kilik who uses a staff something no where near a pole arm. Now the game needs a proper flail (And no a nunchuck is not a proper flail. Though the idea of Li Long using a three section staff is pretty good), Possibly some kind of war pick, and I'm sure many other weapons 'm missing that are unique.

I sure hope they add a brand new female character. According to Vergeben a while back, plans have been in place for a dark-skinned barbarian woman on the roster but said it *might* get cut and added as DLC. That was four months ago, and apparently other characters that were thought to not make the initial roster like Zasalamel and Seong Mi-na are here. So with that said, I hope she makes it too. Verge even noted the oddity in that this would be the first SC that doesn't introduce a new female fighter, which doesn't seem right.

What would you guys think of this dark-skinned barbarian woman if she's real?

Does anyone know if and how can we reach Okubo-san to ask some questions? I know some people have already « talked » to him, thx

That was four months ago
Harada has talked in detail how long it takes for a brand new character to be created which is around six months. Obviously this varies differently from game to game but I imagine that due to the amount of moves the Soul Calibur characters have they have a pool roughly the same size as the Tekken characters so it's fair to assume that the brand new ones would roughly take that time as well. At this point with SC6 still in development and the recognition that a dark skinned barbarian is desired I think it's fair to assume that this is still a possibility.

If true though I hope the character design isn't wack otherwise it will piss of fans of the classic characters who didn't make it and will be labelled as a diversity addition which most people don't like. Merit over quota is always the better path.

Harada has talked in detail how long it takes for a brand new character to be created which is around six months. Obviously this varies differently from game to game but I imagine that due to the amount of moves the Soul Calibur characters have they have a pool roughly the same size as the Tekken characters so it's fair to assume that the brand new ones would roughly take that time as well. At this point with SC6 still in development and the recognition that a dark skinned barbarian is desired I think it's fair to assume that this is still a possibility.

If true though I hope the character design isn't wack otherwise it will piss of fans of the classic characters who didn't make it and will be labelled as a diversity addition which most people don't like. Merit over quota is always the better path.
Maybe if SCVI is successful and it merits a second or third season. We could see a whole season of new characters similar to Street Fighter V second season.

Soul Calibur series does not really have a lot of characters. It really only has 34-35 characters, discounting exact copies (eg:Leixia, Natsu, Xiba ), or mimics (eg: Edge Master, Charade, Olcadan etc).

If we assume that SCVI launches with 25 characters, and with 4 DLC. That only leaves 5 or six characters left from the classic roster. Then we can assume new characters would be added as DLC in the future seasons.

Personally, I would like to see a steppe warrior with mace and shield with a bow, Sikh warrior with an urumi, African warrior with Mambele knives, and a jaguar warrior with a Macuahuitl.

Considering Verge said he wasn't sure about Zasalamel and Seong Mi-na before they were revealed, and even noted the oddity of having no new female fighters, I can definitely seem them working out her addition. I just hope this turns out to be true, I've been dying for a brand new female fighter.

Maybe if SCVI is successful and it merits a second or third season. We could see a whole season of new characters similar to Street Fighter V second season.

Soul Calibur series does not really have a lot of characters. It really only has 34-35 characters, discounting exact copies (eg:Leixia, Natsu, Xiba ), or mimics (eg: Edge Master, Charade, Olcadan etc).

If we assume that SCVI launches with 25 characters, and with 4 DLC. That only leaves 5 or six characters left from the classic roster. Then we can assume new characters would be added as DLC in the future seasons.

Personally, I would like to see a steppe warrior with mace and shield with a bow, Sikh warrior with an urumi, African warrior with Mambele knives, and a jaguar warrior with a Macuahuitl.
I've been hoping they'll use Soulcalibur VI as a platform for more content like you say. Unlike SFV which was bare bones at launch, SCVI already looks to have tons from the start, meaning it can attract an audience right away and then use that to deliver more. I would love to see them use "Seasons" like SFV. It could be the perfect chance to introduce more characters, either established in-lore or completely new. This on top of even more content additions like story, customizations and what-not.

Just imagine this:

Season 1

Setsuka
2B
Raphael
New character (male)
New character (female)
Toki

Season 2

Salia
Jon Snow
Hilde
New character (male)
New character (female)
Yun-seong

and so on.

They could also draw from unusued concepts that didn't see the light of day, like so.

Back