Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Who the hell is this wizard anyway? He certainly ain't Groh's dad and yet he's fully unique with his own voice and fighting style. He's gotta be a newcomer of some kind. Any idea?

Yeah, it looks like Libra of Souls is the second story mode, mixing elements of Chronicles of the Sword with Weapon Master Mode, somehow involving Geralt, Grøh, and whoever this new guy is, Grøh's dad or otherwise. Hopefully with tons of fun things to unlock.

Soulcalibur-VI_2018_08-21-18_061.png

Screenshots: https://gematsu.com/gallery/soulcalibur-vi/august-21-2018

Interesting enough but that second story mode seemed to use characters from the actual story which is really quite cool. In addition to that however the confirmation of the character creation definitely seems to confirm that characters like Rothion will be appearing in game as a character creation. Unfortunately that means that anyone mentioned in a profile (like Hwang or Rock) could be nothing more than a create-a-soul. Honestly I almost feel as if we know less than we did before gamescom.

I mean we already knew this bit of info was coming but it's nice to see an actual mention of online regardless.

"Players will get to take their custom characters from the game into online play to fight other players in casual and ranked matches." - Siliconera

Also anyone else looking through the character creation pics to see if they messed up and showed a weapon not revealed yet?

Any thoughts on the wizard guy?

I'm pretty he's a new fighter, because he's unique, has his own voice, his own style, and they put a lot of detail into him. I don't think he's a one-off bonus, given what I just mentioned.

I mean we already knew this bit of info was coming but it's nice to see an actual mention of online regardless.

"Players will get to take their custom characters from the game into online play to fight other players in casual and ranked matches." - Siliconera

Also anyone else looking through the character creation pics to see if they messed up and showed a weapon not revealed yet?
Nothing but styles we already know :/

Edit: they might have, cf. Infra

Back