Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Damn Kayane did Harada pay you for that abhorrent timing or what?

I will be honest, the lack of 2Ps doesn't affect me all that much because, Tekken 7 didn't have them, most fighters the closest to an alternative costume is a clever pallette swap, otherwise you have things like DOA where all the costume are DLC but they have not customization and at last while not as polished, making alternative costumes on CaS is a good enouh and if you indulge in the more complex usage of CaS you can get some great results.

The DLC packs will probably borrow heavily from classic costumes present in V, I can see a bunch of them making into the game, specially for the cut characters. So I expect to see Pat, Pyrrha, Viola, Z.W.E.I and so on as part of the costume packs. That said, Tira's 2P corset was found on the screenshots for CaS and I consider that a good sign.

PS: The 2P drama is so incipid and pointless, people really need to get over it, it is by far the most artificial outrange ever.

Damn Kayane did Harada pay you for that abhorrent timing or what?

I will be honest, the lack of 2Ps doesn't affect me all that much because, Tekken 7 didn't have them, most fighters the closest to an alternative costume is a clever pallette swap, otherwise you have things like DOA where all the costume are DLC but they have not customization and at last while not as polished, making alternative costumes on CaS is a good enouh and if you indulge in the more complex usage of CaS you can get some great results.

The DLC packs will probably borrow heavily from classic costumes present in V, I can see a bunch of them making into the game, specially for the cut characters. So I expect to see Pat, Pyrrha, Viola, Z.W.E.I and so on as part of the costume packs. That said, Tira's 2P corset was found on the screenshots for CaS and I consider that a good sign.
What do you mean Tekken 7 don't have p2? Yes it does for some character at least, I'm pretty sure Lili have her old Tekken 5,6 costume plus the new one from 7 and you also have available her p2 from 5 and 6 in customisation mode.

It was mentioned earlier but kind of glossed over, we did get a peek at what the multiplayer lobby looks like:
qYyrkzR.jpg

Nice! So you can set it to best of __ even in lobbies, and I'm assuming "spectator" means you can actually watch their matches, or that would be nice at least. So is it 8 per room?

No 2P costumes (I had a feeling what they meant when they confirmed alt costumes was alt coloring...curious how many color versions of the 1P there might be. If it's just 1 additional color palette quite disappointing....would be nice if we could change the color to a few different swaps. Would make up for the lack of a second somewhat.)

They showed Create-a-Soul content but now I'm worried what we saw is all there actually is...

Is Cervantes, Inferno, and Azwel going to be the last three characters revealed and a slot is taken for Tira, Create-a-Soul, and a slot for the remaining DLC...worst case scenario. Still better than 3 mimics.

Let’s hope we do get more reveals. What are those glowy dots for anyways?

I’m just glad we got single player content back. But it’s a shame 2Ps were sacrificed.

And yeah Cervantes! Arrr you ready kids?
Gets Geo Da Ray’d into that nasty looking Kunpateku water

Hope Voldo at least gets exclusive stuff.

And I haven’t played Lost Swords but I hope Libra isn’t based off of it without as many of the messed up micro transactions.

Last edited:
What do you mean Tekken 7 don't have p2? Yes it does for some character at least, I'm pretty sure Lili have her old Tekken 5,6 costume plus the new one from 7 and you also have available her p2 from 5 and 6 in customisation mode.
But the console release does have them, they're just unlockable within game.
Tekken 7 have exclusive pieces for the characters, but this means the customization is more about what each character have, than all the possibilities you get with Soul Calibur. Those pieces may end up building an alternative costume that is a classic, but still is not an alternative costume proper.

Let’s just hope there’s a ton of items then. And items that suit each character.

Shame that the models will lose their quality.
I never liked how the costumes never really fit the characters correctly so I never actually used the CaS except for stuff like real costumes the SC4 one we got as DLC for exemple.

Setting the record straight here. Every character in Tekken 7 has more than one unique costume to them, some are brand new designs and some are classic costumes with even some of the characters having more than just two unique costumes. Unless SC6 allows you to unlock classic or new costumes that are unique to the characters then Tekken 7 is clearly the superior game in this regard. If you want to know why this is superior it's because the universal costumes don't have the same polish, basically a jack of all trades, master of none look.

You had to get creative. Some characters though are difficult to create costumes for like Voldo. I stick with my OCs though.

And I’m hopeful those bottom slots will be filled with non-DLC.

I’m honestly anxious too and think you guys aren’t helping. Don’t jynx it. Okubo seemed passionate but was sadly a cog in the system. Those tweets about stressing probably actually meant something.

Back