Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

This is the same stage as the Moonlit Forest one, but with different lighting.

It reminds me of Nightmare's stage and Pyrrha Omega's stage in SCV being similar.

Denevér-castle-assault.jpg

Eyes_of_chaos.png

Raphael /Viola confirmed Kappa

Raphael's stage was a forest stage in SCV.

Any chance we'll get new info between now and TGS?

Raphael

I was initially disappointed with the fact that we won't be getting 2p's. They would give us a fashionable alternative, such as Ivy's scV 2p (which is, apparently, less liked than her scIV meh-cloth ^^), but if they truly deliver on the field of extra parts, I will be happy. It is true that those can provide a healthy alternative. For example, this creation of mine completely supplanted Astaroth 1p and 2p for me.
20180823_114210_012_01.jpg
The only other function that we didn't have access to that would make me really happy is the face sliders.

Therefore, I mostly have reason to be optimistic, especially when I think of the wonderful gameplay provided by the Soul Charge mechanic, and, why the hell not, Reversal Edge.

October can't be closer than this. X(

Just another note on the lack of 2p - 2p outfits were always an opportunity for the artists to show a different side of the character. They were tight designs that would give more depth to the character and made sense thematically. You cant make that in character creation with a bunch of random, uncharacteristic parts, unless you use a premade set and those usually look pretty generic anyway. Even if we do get a 2p dlc is probably just gonna be parts from previous games that you gotta asemble separately and might have some floating and clipping issues :(

Last edited:
Just another note on the lack of 2p - 2p outfits were always an opportunity for the artists to show a different side of the character. They were tight designs that would give more depth to the character and made sense thematically. You cant make that in character creation with a bunch of random, uncharacteristic parts, unless you use a premade set and those usually look pretty generic anyway. Even if we do get a 2p dlc is probably just gonna be parts from previous games that you gotta asemble separately and might have some floating and clipping issues :(

You're kind of right but if they include a lot of previous game's 2P and 3P costume pieces in CAS, i'll be satisfied. Perhaps they'll even have the "suggested" 2P costume for SC6 available even if it isnt pre-made if you catch my meaning.

And the mock battle option? is for testing characters on battle?
SC5 had an option called the same and it's basically a small training mode against a dummy.

GUYSSSS!!!!!!!!

I honestly can't believe I was the only eagle eyed fan to notice the other detail in that vid. Everyone was so focused on Cervantes, that they didn't realize the CaS girl who fought with Taki's moveset had CASSANDRA'S 2P hairstyle from IV.

I'm on my phone so I don't have pics, but go rewatch it! It could just mean that all hairstyles from IV will be back, or it could mean more!
That's a good observation. Would be nice if this is a small hint Cassandra is back, but I assume they're bringing back as many creations items from SC4 and 5 which is a good thing.

Last edited:
I'm actually pretty sure it's Short Bob Cut, which was Seong Mi-na's 2p hairstyle from IV. Which was also in V.

Nevermind, I missed the part where you said Taki's moveset. I thought you meant we were looking at Cervantes and not the player character.
No, that is actually Cassandra's 2P hairstyle in IV, the short Bob didn't have layers to it. and the edges on the jawline. It is Cassandra's 2P hair.

Just be open to the possibility that it's just the hairstyle they're bringing back. It could be completely unrelated to their plans for Cassandra (or a potential lack there of).
Oh, absolutely. Yun's hair was in V, I was just pointing out it was Cassandra's hair.

Oh, absolutely. Yun's hair was in V, I was just pointing out it was Cassandra's hair.
For some reason they took off Amy's hair, it was there in 4 but not in 5 for some reason (unless they had in plan to put it in a DLC later on)

I cant believe people are this mad for P2 clothes ... Yes I wanted them too but compared to what we are getting with story modes and cas having old parts etc I dont really care anymore. At this point I just want this game to sell well so we can get future SC games

Right! If the game does well then maybe Namco will care about it more.

Back