Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

And a wasteland of gamemodes (and surprisingly, still a pretty buggy online on PS4). This was discussed a few times already. Not only SC has smaller budget (not being the "main title" and all), but huge portion of it was distributed to CaS and single player modes. You can't have your cake and eat it too, budget is not unlimited. If SCVI will be a success SCVII would be bigger.
I should also point out that Tekken historically has a lot of characters to choose from and the aforementioned budget (and use of the budget) has enabled them to make a ton of them. Soulcalibur doesn't have as many characters in comparison.

Sometimes I try to imagine how many characters SoulCalibur would have had at this point if they had decided to focus on making original characters instead of guest (and guest-designed) characters.

It still wouldn't be as many as Tekken, but it might come close.

And a wasteland of gamemodes (and surprisingly, still a pretty buggy online on PS4). This was discussed a few times already. Not only SC has smaller budget (not being the "main title" and all), but huge portion of it was distributed to CaS and single player modes. You can't have your cake and eat it too, budget is not unlimited. If SCVI will be a success SCVII would be bigger.
50/50, also I didn't like story mode in T7 and everything was easy to unlock and didn't care for online in that game. So once that platinum popped which was easy I was done that game ended quick. There was nothing else to do really. SFV on the other hand I only played online didn't really touched the other modes unless I was trying to get some FM or colors. Injustice 2 I was both offline and online modes. Also tbh I had fun with the multiverse cause it swapped verses and stuff but it did feel like a chore. With SC I'm more offline then online, some people just isn't that good so it's best to be offline modes for them to play.

Sometimes I try to imagine how many characters SoulCalibur would have had at this point if they had decided to focus on making original characters instead of guest (and guest-designed) characters.

It still wouldn't be as many as Tekken, but it might come close.
count the numbers of "guest (and guest-designed) characters" add that to the amount SoulCalibur chars and you have a number which you would not need to imagine :P

Remember how there was rumors that Maxi has a gay lover in the story? What if that gay lover was Azwel, and Maxi dumps him in a humiliating way... so Azwel becomes a lover scorned, trying to take over humanity!

This just in Pax West is this Friday Aug 31st through Sept 3rd. Soul Calibur 6 will be there. In case anybody didnt know

http://west.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/soul-calibur-6

They have two setups: 2323,2335

http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/pax/resources/west/2018/Expo Hall Map.pdf
Possible early reveals? =D

Hopefully they will reveal 8 characters at Pax West and 8 at TGS, bringing us to close to 40 characters! WOOO!

In all seriousness though, would be nice to have a Friday reveal of a character. Since they might not be planning anything crazy, it might just be Cervantes, but optimistically, two reveals would be great.

Last edited:
Okay so lets have an idea and for all intent and purposes only 100% clones and bonus won't be considered. Which means, no mimics, but V's substitutes are allowed. Today I found out they could make a Soul Calibur generations and still have a not HUGE roster.

1-Aeon/2-Algol/3-Amy/4-Astaroth /5-Cassadra
6-Cervantes/7-Dampierre/8-Hilde/9-Hwang /10-Ivy
11-Kilik/12-Lexia/13-Lin Long/14-Lizardman/15-Maxi
16-Mitsurugi/17-Natsu/18-Necrid/19-Patroklos/20-Alpha Patroklos
21-Pyrrha/22-Pyrrha Omega/23-Raphael/24-Rock/25-Mi-Na
26-Setsuka/27-Siegfried/28-Sophitia/29-Soul Edge (Nightmare)/30-Taki
31-Talim/32-Tira/33-Viola/34-Voldo/35-Xianghua
36-Xiba/37-Yoshimitsu/38-Yun/39-Zas/40-Z.W.E.I

Azwel+Groh.

Remember how there was rumors that Maxi has a gay lover in the story? What if that gay lover was Azwel, and Maxi dumps him in a humiliating way... so Azwel becomes a lover scorned, trying to take over humanity!

Hopefully they will reveal 8 characters at Pax West and 8 at TGS, bringing us to close to 40 characters! WOOO!

In all seriousness though, would be nice to have a Friday reveal of a character. Since they might not be planning anything crazy, it might just be Cervantes, but optimistically, two reveals would be great.
Well SCVI won't be the only one Doa6 Koei Tecmo also revealed that some characters may not make its March 2019 launch. This is due to the heavy development schedule, so some playable characters may be available as DLC at a later date. Must be a japanese dev thing.

Last edited:
count the numbers of "guest (and guest-designed) characters" add that to the amount SoulCalibur chars and you have a number which you would not need to imagine :P
Well, if you want to get really technical...

If SC2 had four new, totally original characters instead of the guests, and they were popular, that's four more characters to potentially add to SC3 and 4. That would mean less resources would be available for new, totally original characters in those games.

And the guest-designed characters in SC4 didn't have their own movesets. So how many guest-designs does it take to make one original character? It's not 1:1.

Anyway, this is a weird alternate reality I pointlessly dream about in which SoulCalibur was really popular and successful.

ALRIGHT YOU WEEBS AND DWEEBS

EVERYTHING_PART_0.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_01.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_2.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_3.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_4.jpg

This is probably the last one I'll make. I might update the character section once the game comes out. @WindupSkeleton you know what to do.

Last edited:
I was just going to make a post about content creators and properly distributing information. It seems like the community has things on lock. It's exciting to see how many helpful and talented people are willing to share information. It'll go a long way into getting people into the game.

One area that always lags behind in this regard is commentating. People should keep this in mind, as I'm sure many will be thrust into these roles in their communities. Providing commentary that is widely palatable by as many people that aren't "in the know" as possible is, in general, just effective communication, but for this specifically, a great way to get people interested. Technical jargon needs to be properly fed into conversations.

Back