Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand of course they show something new the exact second I post the infographic. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

40377645_10217318288298920_8396808157719953408_n.jpg

It's not very clear with regards to the CaS stuff. Are the 100 pieces of customization included in the armor packs?
Assuming any kind of logic, no, they are separate as there's no reason to include the armor packs separately otherwise.

Yo if those silhouettes are indication of the characters gender then we are in for a big surprise

I dont think it is supposed to be exactly accurate for the gender ratio but it does imply it wont be all female like i assumed. My guess is 2 female and 1 male. The two "armor packs" are the costumes for two of the characters. It isnt three "armor packs" because one of the characters is a guest.

No, the armor packs are the "100+ customization parts", and I doubt they'll have 50 parts each character, that's way too much. They're separate entries in the DLC, too, there's Character A, Character B, Armor Pack A, Character C, Armor Pack B, and Character D. That being said, it's pretty likely that the new characters (except guest) will have parts usable just like the main cast, but the armor packs are their own thing.

No, the armor packs are the "100+ customization parts", and I doubt they'll have 50 parts each character, that's way too much. They're separate entries in the DLC, too, there's Character A, Character B, Armor Pack A, Character C, Armor Pack B, and Character D. That being said, it's pretty likely that the new characters (except guest) will have parts usable just like the main cast, but the armor packs are their own thing.

The "100 CAS" has to include everything. There is Tira's oufit to consider as well as everyone's weapons, which could amount to a sizable chunk by itself.

We know for sure that the main character outfits are in customization right? I know we've spotted some pieces and I really hope they're all in.

That's lame and absurd. Their marketting department seriously needs to learn basic logic before they start suffering tons of false advertising for misleading advertisements. +100 means in addition, if that's what they meant should be = 100 CaS parts, not + 100 CaS parts.

That's lame and absurd. Their marketting department seriously needs to learn basic logic before they start suffering tons of false advertising for misleading advertisements. +100 means in addition, if that's what they meant should be = 100 CaS parts, not + 100 CaS parts.

Yeah, i think people might be dissapointed when they discover how weapons have to be included with that if they expect its all clothing. Particularly weapons for charcaters they dont use.

I really doubt weapons are being taken into consideration, or the three other characters. It's poorly worded/shown in that advertisment, but check the interview I just posted where Okubo says the season pass includes four characters and over 100 parts for customization. That is the plainest way you could describe the three characters, two armor packs, and bonus character that I can imagine.

I really doubt weapons are being taken into consideration, or the three other characters. It's poorly worded/shown in that advertisment, but check the interview I just posted where Okubo says the season pass includes four characters and over 100 parts for customization. That is the plainest way you could describe the three characters, two armor packs, and bonus character that I can imagine.
If he says OVER 100 parts for customization, then his statement does nothing to imply "two armor packs + 100 CaS items" includes the armor packs as a portion of the "+100 CaS items." In fact it does the opposite, as 2 armor packs +100 CaS items = more than 100 CaS items, which is what he said, where as "100 CaS items including the parts from the two afore mentioned armor packs" does not include MORE than 100 items.

Therefore I think we all can follow the basic logic statement of "2 armor packs + 100 CaS pieces" as saying exactly what it means. The two are clearly separate things.

Weapons are indeed customization parts. Try to look at it from the developers' perspective and not a player's. Someone did have to code and make all of that weather you care about it or not. I know its dissapointing but it does count as finished work for them and they will advertise it as such.

It may be possible to purchase a character's outfit without actually buying the character.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you in that I hope we get as many parts as we possibly can, but I really doubt it means what you think it means. They've proven before that they're terrible at communicating what they really mean. What we do have for what we should expect from the DLC is this:

img_dlc_01.png

Which, plain as day, just says:
DLC1 - Playable Character "Tira" (formerly Playable Character A)
DLC2 - Playable Character B
DLC3 - Creation Parts Set A
DLC4 - Playable Character C
DLC5 - Creation Parts Set B
DLC6 - Playable Character D

It would be implied that three of the four characters (assuming one of the four characters is a guest) would also have their parts usable by CaS, but there isn't anything else listed that has anything to do with parts all on their own aside from DLC3 and DLC5. So I wouldn't take it any other way than ~50 parts for each of those packs, plus however many parts we get from the various characters. That's all. Expecting anything else, I feel, is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I wonder how often the dlc will be released. Tekken 7 ended it's first season in march.

If they aim for the same period then that would be one dlc per month.

But tekken 7 also had an earlier release date...

ALRIGHT YOU WEEBS AND DWEEBS

EVERYTHING_PART_0.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_01.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_2.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_3.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_4.jpg

This is probably the last one I'll make. I might update the character section once the game comes out. @WindupSkeleton you know what to do.

Like, holy hell dude that's some quality effort you've put into this.

EDIT:

There's something that I think you should change and that's the description of Kilik's soul charge state. I don't think evil is the correct description, that seems to be a derogatory term within the game. When looking closer at the details it should be "berserker", "bloodlust", "bloodrage" or my personally favourite "blood drunk". I mean this is the lore of the sword that it became it's own entity with all the blood that stained the blade.

Last edited:
ALRIGHT YOU WEEBS AND DWEEBS

EVERYTHING_PART_0.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_01.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_2.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_3.jpg

EVERYTHING_PART_4.jpg

This is probably the last one I'll make. I might update the character section once the game comes out. @WindupSkeleton you know what to do.

Awesome job Man.

Quick thing though. Under Soul Chronicle you have a spelling error on the second line for details. Not sure about season pass characters since those are just heavy on speculation for more then just the ones you put but other than that, nice work. Though, now I'm wondering where the information on Talim came from (Stance and Health restoration.) Guess I must have missed it.

Back