Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I wonder if that leaked build will be playable at new york comic con.... I could only hope! The event itself takes place only 2 weeks before launch. I mean why not right? (hopeful I get to play it sooner than launch lol)

Even though people made big deal about Tira DLC I still think this game will sell good... Like every youtube vid for SC6 has comments praising the game. And they are doing good job with these streams as well
As long as Namco's expectations aren't super unrealistic, I think the series should carry on after this game.

Raphael looks nice, but the glasses... meh ??
What a waste for the rest of the design IMO.
I never had any problem with masks or hats, because it fits to him and the period.

I tried to make a communication, if you are not fan of the glasses as well, maybe you would like to support me :)
The game allows you to use the 1P costumes in CAS. That means if you want to remove Raphael's glasses, you can.

The game allows you to use the 1P costumes in CAS. That means if you want to remove Raphael's glasses, you can.
do we know this for sure?
at most I think in V they let you recolor the base outfit
do we know if the entire outfit is in the CaS?

Anyway, the defaut option should be the one who is the more pleasant for most of the fans, if you want to add some glasses or any ugly anachronic stuff: CaS is here for you.
On my side, like some other people here, I'm a competitive player. We won't have access to Raphael CaS in tournament.

do we know this for sure?
at most I think in V they let you recolor the base outfit
do we know if the entire outfit is in the CaS?
Yes, Okubo's statement on us not getting 2p costumes is that we will be able to make our own. 1p outfits, various parts, have been seen in the Libra of Soul trailer and in screenshots. It would be logical to assume that all of the 1p parts are available, or at the very least, most of them. The only ones I could really see not being included would be Taki's skinsuit or Ivy's straps, in other words, parts that actually get "damaged" instead of "disappearing" when broken. It seems like, to me at least, the decision to have them simply be destroyed, like CaS parts on CaS do, was a conscious decision to allow them to be used in CaS, to put all parts on the same standing.

During sc5 developement, they posted this video where you can see the developement team

The team is probably different right now, though. I wish they made a video like this for sc6.
I'll be curious to see the credits for the game when it's released. We know Kawano is still on the team (the guy doing the character illustrations). There was an interview where it's confirmed Junichi Nakatsuru is working on the music again (though the music I've heard so far doesn't sound quite like his style). I'm willing to bet Hideo Yoshie is still there as character designs are the same vein as previous games.

Can we stop the argument already? "Oh no Raphael has glasses I'm not gonna play him", please main someone else then -_-

It's done now, nothing will ever change Raphael 1P design.

If people decide they hate a character or consider him unplayable just over an accessory, maybe they should find other priorities in life. Just because someone is not fond of something doesn't mean devs should change the game just for their preferences.

Yeah but i have some concerns that taking a character into customization and altering them in any fashion may give us the downgraded version which could disable things like SoulCharge effects. Example: I dont think Taki's tatoos can show up on other outfuts.

Since shops are back, do you think these lovely ladies will return?

Valeria should, the others i dont care about. Mostly due to Grieve Edge being interesting and unique. Yeah... mostly that reason.

Yes, Okubo's statement on us not getting 2p costumes is that we will be able to make our own. 1p outfits, various parts, have been seen in the Libra of Soul trailer and in screenshots. It would be logical to assume that all of the 1p parts are available, or at the very least, most of them. The only ones I could really see not being included would be Taki's skinsuit or Ivy's straps, in other words, parts that actually get "damaged" instead of "disappearing" when broken. It seems like, to me at least, the decision to have them simply be destroyed, like CaS parts on CaS do, was a conscious decision to allow them to be used in CaS, to put all parts on the same standing.
well i hope so
i'd love to make characters cosplay as other characters

I already told you guys: it was faked/staged - like 99% of all past terrorist attacks using stooges/"crisis actors" (yes - Google it!). There obviously never was any real Melbourne event. It's just a video to whet our appetite with Namco-hired Australians talking over it - probably done in the UK. You guys need to wake up. The next 10 years are not going to be the same as the last 10 years.

Tinvoil hat.jpg

Reactions: PSY
We've seen pieces of 1P costumes.

Astaroth's snake thing:

los19-jpg.50350

Voldo's mask in reverse:

los17-jpg.50348

Maxi's jacket and Kilik's torso belt:

los27-jpg.50358

Taki's mask:

los11-jpg.50342
yeah i suppose, but didn't we get random piecemeal parts of characters in 4 and 5?
that doesn't mean we will get all the parts

Nooo. I need to be able to have Ivy and Taki switch outfits for "experimental" purposes. Considering that Taki's mask is in, I'd imagine her full bodysuit is too.

yeah i suppose, but didn't we get random piecemeal parts of characters in 4 and 5?
that doesn't mean we will get all the parts
No. We got some full costumes as DLC. Here, we're getting all the costumes.

We do actually see Ivy's outfit and (i think) Taki's bodysuit on a couple CaS characters. It's likely that armor break just won't effect them since they're probably undergarments.

Ivy's outfit
character_creation_sample_tVSa_2_1534510877.png

character_creation_sample_tVSa_1_1534510874.png

Taki's bodysuit possibly? Also that female character appears to be wearing Groh's jacket over it which is great news.
character_creation_sample_aaa_1534510826.png

Can we stop the argument already? "Oh no Raphael has glasses I'm not gonna play him", please main someone else then -_-

It's done now, nothing will ever change Raphael 1P design.

If people decide they hate a character or consider him unplayable just over an accessory, maybe they should find other priorities in life. Just because someone is not fond of something doesn't mean devs should change the game just for their preferences.

Well, it is not allowed to discuss about design choice and to provide a feedback to Namco ?
With this kind of choice people reaction is kinda understandable, we are not just talking about "someone".
Btw you don't need to be so rude :-)

Back