Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

For a point of comparison, here's Tekken 7's main menu which is very similar in design:

3Z4zmsQ.jpg

Considering Cervantes. I like his trailer a lot. Also since the trailer managed to leak today, chances are it will be officially posted tomorrow at the usual time as a classic Thursday reveal, which means we'll get Cervantes revealed one week before TGS. My prediction initaially was two weeks before TGS, but one week works as well since either way Cervantes getting revealed any time before TGS improves Hwang's and Lizardman's chances. At this point I don't particularly hold my breath for those two, but their chances will get improved if only so slightly should Cervantes be officially revealed tomorrow.
For a point of comparison, here's Tekken 7's main menu which is very similar in design:

3Z4zmsQ.jpg
So the mysterious missing line must be either Player Information, either Store.
I hope it's Player Information in that case.

Sad if there wont be Team Battle, but glad to see museum mode back!

Also,
View attachment 50989

18 BGM while having 11 stages only? What are the other 7 for?

Are we sure it's only 18BGM and it can't scroll down? I'd be surpriused if there was only stage music + modes jingles without character themes.

Also glad to see that what was heard at the end of Azwel's trailer seems to be Inferno's theme indeed >:)

I'm amazed how bad they are at creating hype for this game. Too much blurry information yet, as the game launch becomes near and near... Pretending that the leaks haven't happened a lot of times. Characters trailers for Soul Calibur are not hyping at all too unfortunately.

My hope is that they show a bad ass cinematic opening at TGS to create some hype... Because for characters, I don't expect no more but Raphael.

Last edited:
View attachment 50978

Nobody saw Cervantes and Raphael yet Kappa
That scroll bar has the same size as older footage showing the list of faces. If the quantity of faces is the same as SC5 (pretty likely as all the shown faces so far are based on SC5), then it means there are exactly 2 more rows for styles. In other words, the total amount of styles is between 21 and 24. This is not a shocker though, as the currently known characters (including Cervantes, Raphael, and Tira) tallies to 21.

Wait when did A sword get revealed. A sword has been my favourite character since scIV!
I could have made it so we knew exactly who they were (not a lack of effort on my part) but I thought the translations by google were pretty funny.

I would also like to point out how humorous it is that google translated Mitsurugi to a A sword.

Cervantes:

Anyway tbh from how the trailer framed him it looks like they are going for a more tragic Cervantes than just evil Cervantes. Instead of his usual title of Dread Pirate they called him A Shell of a Proud Man. And his intro makes it seem more likes he’s in pain than just “I’m gonna fucking kill you.” Idk that may be me looking to deep into it

Sure he was pretty evil before that. And it’s open that Ivy’s a product of rape I believe. Doesn’t matter if the sword made him to do that.

And is it me or does that last Ivy weapon look like her version of Soul Edge? Hmm...

Back