Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

loving this move. <3
Looks like it's based on this SC2 artwork of his:
raph-sc2fix3.jpg

Bit disapointed if the dlcs characters are really Hawng and Lizzie too... As far as I kinda liked yun style, would not buy this season pass at all.

Let's see by today, or even tomorrow if they have something more to show at TGS, or even wait for Hayates information about the final build...

If both Hwang and Liz and some unappealing guest are DLC 1, then I will wait till there's a sale on Season Pass 1.
Smart thing for Bamco to do would be to put Hwang or Liz in S1, and then put the other in S2, as they just won't sell the SP like other characters would, especially if people catch wind of them being possibly cut from base.

Guest seems like it could be hype though, which is the positive.

Also, Vergeben says the base roster is 21, but doesn't indicate at all who the 21st character is. Are we supposed to assume it's Inferno?

At any rate, if the base roster is only 21, the game will receive some criticism for its roster, though it won't be criticism to the same degree as other games which have released with smaller rosters. To people saying the roster is diverse... no. It's not terrible, but it's not good either.

At any rate, there is some time from now until release, so I anticipate at least one DLC reveal in between that time and now, and perhaps hinting the entire SP. The good thing about this is they might try to get Season Pass 1 DLC completely out in a few months, and then hopefully... hopefully, we can get a SP2 with some fan favorites.

Every now and again I lurk on reddit's Soul Calibur forum and to my surprise some artist by the name of WildHookers (:P) did a character design to replace Vader so his moveset can be salvaged. Even though I think it's out of place for a south eastern European to use the far eastern martial arts Kendo I do think the design is incredible and would be an excellent fit for a high ranking Fygul Cestemus member.

m9nmcijpn1n11.png

The fact that the characters were removed for DLC would explain why the character select screen is the way it is.

cervantes-raphael.png

They made it with two more slots than they could end up filling but since speculation was already in the air about the roster according to the number of roster spots, taking away slots might have seemed dishonest to the consumers.

Oh well. We got answers atleast. And if they are ahead on these characters that leaves more hope for a S2?

The fact that the characters were removed for DLC would explain why the character select screen is the way it is.

View attachment 51198

They made it with two more slots than they could end up filling but since speculation was already in the air about the roster according to the number of roster spots, taking away slots might have seemed dishonest to the consumers.

Oh well. We got answers atleast. And if they are ahead on these characters that leaves more hope for a S2?

That's such a bizarre select screen. They should at least move the two dots on the side so they aren't covered by menus.

And yeah, if Hwang and Liz are DLC, that does give more hope for S2 (even though they would take up 2 slots, that mean there would be at least 2 more characters for inclusion in a season pass if there is a s2), but I don't want to be too optimistic about that lol.

The best thing to do is to wait until game release.... and we'll see what happens!

While being able to "evade unblockables and guard breaks" sounds impressive, keep in mind that usually step/crouch will do the same thing considering most unblockables and guard breaks are meant to be slow.

It doesn't sound like his soul charge state gives him any special perks, only his moves improves.

I feel really really bad for Okubo. The guy seems like he tried and is trying his best, but mandates from overhead aren't making things easy for him or SCVI's success. It's almost as if they're testing him to see if he can still make a game with odds stacked against it be successful.
Or they're passive aggressively wanting to mercy kill the franchise. I don't get it.
It's hard to tell fans "we care about this thing enough to keep making it" while you don't do it many favors in ensuring its success more than once.
SCVI could have been delayed like Code Vein or One Piece: World Seeker did this year to come out next year. But it didn't. Those were 'more important.'
It's so damned frustrating that SCVI got rushed out the door so compensate the importance of Japanese quarterly reports instead of those, when SCVI deserved and needed that valuable extra time.
All we can do is support the game and hope it releasing near the holidays actually does help it out.
Dude you gotta be FWUCKIN kidding me. No Cassandra? Im done...

He didn’t, people just jump to conclusions a lot here.

At worst and very possible, Okubo is just having fun with Raph's words.

At worst but optimistically related to a character reveal, Okubo might be hinting that there is one more character remaining, but it's not Amy or anyone specific to Raphael.

At best and optimistically related to a character reveal, Okubo is hinting at Amy/Viola or a non-guest new female character to dance with Raphael. :p

Another possibility if we are optimistically thinking it's related to a character reveal, is that the guest will be a dancer or fencer or really active type of character of some sort that can dance with him.

Im not trying to be overly negative at all. The quality of this game looks (and feels) stellar. Like something we havent seen since those days before 5 but turned up abit however, 21 characters at launch would make this tge SMALLEST roster since SOULCALIBUR.

And with 3 years of development...thats sad.

All I wanted was my main. Who was deliberately left out in 5 and has one of the biggest fan bases and best competitive histories for the series.

#Cassandra :/

I feel really really bad for Okubo. The guy seems like he tried and is trying his best, but mandates from overhead aren't making things easy for him or SCVI's success. It's almost as if they're testing him to see if he can still make a game with odds stacked against it be successful.
Or they're passive aggressively wanting to mercy kill the franchise. I don't get it.
It's hard to tell fans "we care about this thing enough to keep making it" while you don't do it many favors in ensuring its success more than once.
SCVI could have been delayed like Code Vein or One Piece: World Seeker did this year to come out next year. But it didn't. Those were 'more important.'
It's so damned frustrating that SCVI got rushed out the door so compensate the importance of Japanese quarterly reports instead of those, when SCVI deserved and needed that valuable extra time.
All we can do is support the game and hope it releasing near the holidays actually does help it out.

Would One Piece really sell more than Soul Calibur? Or would they make more money from it because it's more easily connected to other merch and toys?

Raph looks lovely in action. Still over the moon that he made base.

The DLC thing is troubling though. I mean, Hwang, sure. A legacy character we haven't seen in a while, with a fully unique and historically accessible move set? I'd happily pay for that. But Lizardman, really? Who the hell thought repackaging him was a good idea? You can literally already play as a lizard man under the racial name "Lizardman" in the base game. Reselling a slightly more unique version for the main roster is so scummy, but worse than that, just... so stupid. Unless they have something absolutely wild planned for guest 2, and can thus afford to just throw him in as an afterthought, it's a really baffling decision.

Well, it could have been worse... Kappa

Talim could have been DLC or cut outright.

Again!

Patroklos being the last character being revealed and also being the main character will cause a shitstorm. Again!

I feel so butthurt that Hwang, Lizardman, and some randomass guest are the remaining DLCs. -______-
But I am also happy for people who wanted them back that it looks like they're getting the characters they wanted!
Mixed feels are always so tough to deal with.

I have mixed feelings, too. If Inferno is the last character to be revealed I'll be ok, but most likely he will be a mimic. At least I know that we will get one Korean hunk at least; will still be sad he was cut and to be added in the season pass one along with Aeon.

I can only hope that something happens tomorrow, but I will have to temper my expectations.

Back