Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Mmm... I see that reversal edge is R1/RB.

Possibility to set this to other button you think please ?
We will be able to swap all buttons at release ?
And... can we assign a button for example to L3/R3 (pushing sticks) please ?

I ask because in some games, all buttons/functions can be swapped except for example just a specific one. (And i ask because i'm disabled too.)

I just noticed watching controller layout that i even don't know what is break attack. So it's no more just guard... Oh so many buttons lol. Ideally, i would like to set hum...

L1 = guard
L2 = reversal edge
R2 = critical edge
R1 = none
L3 pushing stick or A = break
R3 or L3 pushing stick = throw

Last edited:
The game is coming out 21 days from the beta, why wouldn't she be ready?

For the record I do agree this will probably be a controversial move.
Even if she is finished does Namco really want to test this?

I guess they do otherwise they wouldn't of put Tira in the beta.

can someone link me the network test manual? i cant find it and want to see the character move lists

So today's supposed to be the 'big day' in regards to their being reveal possibilities right? Though personally I have little to no hope at this point, lol.

no, that should have happened on the SC 6 stage but nothing happened so dont expect anything coming out today.

Tira been done dude. They made that shit up for damage control. I personally dont care because, you know, I like DLC for my favorite fighter and sense I didnt put ANY work in to this product its not really my job to decide what $60 is worth.

Just noticed the characters in the beta total up to 16. So they either they got the original tweet wrong or made the last minute decision to put Tira in.

Or maybe Tira isn't playable? Doubt it but hey

Could somebody please explain to me what I need to do beforehand to be in a position where I can play the beta next weekend? I've never owned a PS4 or XB1 before, so I have to go out and buy/hire them.
*Do I need to look for any particular version of the consoles?
*What online service do I need to sign up to and does it cost?
*I just plug in the ethernet cable from my router to the console right?

Could somebody please explain to me what I need to do beforehand to be in a position where I can play the beta next weekend? I've never owned a PS4 or XB1 before, so I have to go out and buy/hire them.

You shouldn't need XBL or PSN to play this beta, most betas do not require paid online service and if they do they are usually pretty explicit about it.

Console choice doesn't matter, a ps4, a slim, a pro, they will all do the same job. So yeah plug a cat5 or whatever yhou got into your ethernet port and you are good to go. All you will have to do ahead of time is just make a profile for the console and thats it.

I'm almost positive purchasing a new xbox1 would also give you a small free trial of xbox live (like a couple of days or so). Perfect for this beta. So you shouldnt have to worry about that at least. Otherwise a year subscription costs about 50 us dollars i think. They have cheaper options as well, not sure what they are exactly.

Sorry if stupid question: will we be able to play 1 player mode against CPU (or in practise) - or will we have to find another person online to play against?

Namco's website specified that you'll need xbox live gold membership to play the beta on an xbox one, but it doesn't specify anything like needing to have ps+ membership for the ps4 version, so safe bet is probably to rent/borrow a ps4

Back