Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Weird Arcade didn’t have a boss or rival/Destined Battle of sorts. And stages per character might be SCII style, but I don’t get what Groh has to do with Eurydice. Or they could be random.

But did Mi-Na really just go there?

Still, the art turning into the models is cool. I presume that custom character photos will replace the character art too.

I saw someone mention that there could be a variation in Tira's Critical Edge depending on if she triggers it while Gloomy, looks like they were right judging from that booklet:

Critical Edge: Bleak Concerto
A fast, rising middle attack that can be used in air combos. If you unleash it while Jolly, you'll finish as Gloomy. Unleash it
as Gloomy, however, and you'll perform a follow-up attack that deals a huge amount of damage.

The really funny thing is that if Tira was taken off the disc, despite being finished for release, and then released weeks or a month following release as DLC, people would take that infinitely better despite a technically worse outcome. Greed or no greed.

Since when has Soulcalibur not had a boss at the end of Arcade? That's such a bizarre and anti-climactic design choice :/ I thought SCV sucked 'cause it was just Nightmare, Cervy or Kilik but at least there WAS a designated 'boss' of sorts for each route. But SCVI has NOTHING? Even though Inferno is in the game and has a stage and everything? So weird :/

To whom it might interest, here's two in-depth videos of customization.

You can change the Soul Charge effect, and some clothes have to be bought via in-game money.

Edit: we can also use the characters' broken armors as default. Does this mean any version would vanish when broken?

Last edited:
What I find a pity is that they didn't put SCV clothing... Would be easy to salvage I guess, and I wanted my character to wear Viola's outfit.
Maybe that sc5 stuff will be part of the 100+ dlc pieces in the season pass... (???)
Edit: I have always wanted Hilde's 1p armor to be DLC. Dunno how that contributes to this convo, but I wanted to share my desperate hopes of seeing it someday soon.

I was thinking of something then I checked:
SCVI_CharacterCreation_Gameplay_screenshot_17_1534843479.jpeg

Remember that picture of a created character wearing Voldo's mask and Taki's fighting style? Well, in the video, Voldo's mask wasn't there (in the helmet or mask sections), so I assume that means other items will be unlockable as the fight goes by, and not simply with in-game currency.

So are people gonna STILL try and say that Tira wasn't cut for greed purposes now that we have VIDEO FOOTAGE OF HER BEING IN THE LAUNCH DISC THAT SHE "WASN'T COMPLETED IN TIME FOR"?

Again I think what's happen here is that she was completed early with the DLC budget. The reason I think she was completed early is because Project Soul saw overwhelming support for Tira's return so stepped on the pedal to get Tira ready for the release date.

Again I think what's happen here is that she was completed early with the DLC budget. The reason I think she was completed early is because Project Soul saw overwhelming support for Tira's return so stepped on the pedal to get Tira ready for the release date.
It's a lot more likely that she was just being developed from the getgo. The overwhelming support thing doesn't make minimum wage workers move faster.

If I'm looking at the recommended move list the learning difficulty goes Novice, Intermediate, then expert. Seems like there are a lot of novice level characters in the beta. Also Maxi a expert level really?

Maxi is easy to button mash with, but you'll have no idea what you're doing if you don't learn his stance transitions and he has the most stances of any character. Incidentally, there is a French Creation video that shows Seong Mi-na, Raphael and Azwel are considered as 'Intermediate' (by Project Soul, at least).

Arcade Mode:

I wouldn't be surprised if that video gets deleted soon. Arcade doesn't seem to have character endings so that will be something I play once or twice to get the trophies and won't bother playing afterwards. Unless it has a higher difficulty setting like Legendary Souls in SCV so that there is some form of challenge. This also confirms that Bokubo lied when he said Tira wasn't completed in time otherwise she wouldn't have been in the release build. It might have been the same for Dampierre in SCV's Quick Battle, but at least he was a pre-order bonus and he is an unpopular joke character anyway. Fuck Namco.

Back