Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

My god you hit it on the head. There is absolutely nothing fun about RPS in a fighting game, this mechanic kills the game for me.

I'm not going that far with it quite yet but it is clearly a bad mechanic. I feel the priority for a good while will be focusing on timing GBs, UBs and side stepping exclusively instead of learning anything else in the game. The only time a combo will be relevant is if the GB goes into one or a post RE stun.

SF4 had something similar but it would only absorb a single hit. People at least had to time the release properly.

Try using a guard break. The results may surprise you.
I understand what it takes to stop RE son. I side stoepped plenty with soph into a 3b ~ 236236b ~ 236236b combo.

Is RE good? YES! Its amazingly good. Infact, i think at a higher level of play it will be a necessary tool. There are ways to skillfully use RE, especially against certain characters. I simply am not interested in RPS, i think it's terrible, boring and completely gets away from the idea of highspeed free flowing combat.

If you think you're going to comeback on anyone thats skilled when they have RE in their backpocket, i don't like your chances.

Again, if you didnt have 10k+ RP, you can't identify with me because our competition was on a completely different level. I fought lolo, woahz, partisan, sion, partywolf and sonicfox in a matter of hours, some of them multiple times. None of them were huge RE users, but my point is, aside from those pro players, the no names i fought, got their high RP by abusing Ivy, NM, yoshi, sieg, groh and RE. So i saw my fair share of what the game can become, and i'm not interested in frequent RPS battles when i just want to fight.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan if we get a Setsuka reveal............ i'mma die. She's legit the only thing i'm really hoping for. I'm already more than satisfied with the game but having Setsuka would really make it the perfect game for me. She'd fit in perfectly with the mechanics and gameplay. Just imagine her 2143 aB Umbrella slam in SCVI graphics and smoothness! HNNNNNNNGHHH!!!

I am really thinking that we are going to get a DLC reveal of a character no one is expecting. Like something literally so unexpected like Li-Long.

Especially because Mitsurugi says when he meets Maxi in the main story "weren't you the nun chunk wielder that wanted me dead? Even though Li-Long uses something different from Nun Chunks I think it was a subtle hint

It would be huge to see Viola in this game with those graphics, RE, etc... It HURTS

If she would hypothetically deflect with just her claw, I’d start laughing because of how silly it looks. Now if she used her orb to deflect, this would raise some potential for ideas, if this allowed her to instantly recall her orb and she could cancel her RE at the same time. Hypothetically speaking.

If the only think your comeback hinges upon is not getting caught by RE, you have deeper issues with your game than you think you do.
One day you'll see what i mean. Until then, i simply don't want to play rock paper scissor, i do not enjoy it. Lets leave it at that.

Back