Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

If some of the attitudes I've seen here is in anyway an example of the behavior of only a small fraction of the hard core players it's no wonder there aren't enough of you that Project Soul feels comfortable enough to cater a game to your tastes. Is as bad as hard core raiders and what not.

Even so, without the "hardcore" scene, SC6 isn't going to survive. I also have barely seen any of these so-called "hardcore" players suggesting that the game should not cater in some ways to the casual fanbase? Idk where this idea is coming from because I've not seen it at all. Anyway, point is while I kinda understand the point you're trying to make, trying to put forth an argument that the competitive scene is not important to the survival of the game or the game itself is pretty silly.

Even so, without the "hardcore" scene, SC6 isn't going to survive. I also have barely seen any of these so-called "hardcore" players suggesting that the game should not cater in some ways to the casual fanbase? Idk where this idea is coming from because I've not seen it at all. Anyway, point is while I kinda understand the point you're trying to make, trying to put forth an argument that the competitive scene is not important to the survival of the game or the game itself is pretty silly.
I never implied it wasn't, we need each other. That said most people don't like playing with and are put off by such volatile behavior. My point is there might be more hardcore players if it was an inclusive more sportsman type atmosphere. That said, I'm not sure what it's like, as I stated, I hope the behavior I was seeing was not common in such circles, cause if it is, it will surely put a lot of people off and hurt the scene and thus the game.

Tira is chaotic neutral at best, not strictly evil, she just loves killing if she had found soul calibur during its murderous phase instead of soul edge I'm sure she would team up with it to kill all the "sinners" to an absurd degree where any taint soul calibur senses from them is worthy of cleansing, that is if soul calibur itself would want to form a pact with a ravenous murderer... which given siegs history I don't see why not.

Tira is chaotic neutral at best, not strictly evil, she just loves killing if she had found soul calibur during its murderous phase instead of soul edge I'm sure she would team up with it to kill all the "sinners" to an absurd degree where any taint soul calibur senses from them is worthy of cleansing, that is if soul calibur itself would want to form a pact with a ravenous murderer... which given siegs history I don't see why not.

Soul Calibur bonded with Siegfried when he was already out of that phase though, and has a penchant for claiming people with righteous senses of justice as well as black and white views of morality (read: Patroklos) as its host. Tira...has neither of those. Sure she's not textbook evil and is just downright insane, but she does thrive off of spilling blood uncontrollably and I just found it odd that she doesn't have the "Evil" soul charge effect pinned on her like the others do.

I thought Sophi killed herself by diging out the shard of soul edge to give to Pyrrha god soulcalibur 5's story is a mess.
So Tira calims she killed Sophitia in the story mode of SCV, but in the New Legends of Project Soul book it's revealed Pyrrha almost died because of the destruction of Soul Edge. Sophitia had to remove the shards of the sword still in her body to keep Pyrrha alive, some of these shards being located deep in her body causing her to inflict mortal wounds on herself.

If some of the attitudes I've seen here is in anyway an example of the behavior of only a small fraction of the hard core players it's no wonder there aren't enough of you that Project Soul feels comfortable enough to cater a game to your tastes.
ONLY A SMALL FRACTION? WHO IS SO UNAWARE THAT COMPETITIVE CIRCLES CONSIST OF POMPOUS ASSHOLES THAT OVERSTATE THEIR ACTUAL SKILL LEVEL? EVEN ANY MILDLY COMPETITIVE GAMER GETS DUMB HATE MAIL ONLINE AFTER MATCHES.

I never implied it wasn't, we need each other. That said most people don't like playing with and are put off by such volatile behavior. My point is there might be more hardcore players if it was an inclusive more sportsman type atmosphere. That said, I'm not sure what it's like, as I stated, I hope the behavior I was seeing was not common in such circles, cause if it is, it will surely put a lot of people off and hurt the scene and thus the game.
No. That kinda thing is generally done by fringe players who know they aren't actually part of the hardcore set, so they overcompensate with stupidity. This is what makes stuff like Velseid's posturing intolerable.

Hey everyone, post your final rankings lets see how far everyone got

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-30 at 01.25.08.jpeg

me and my friend got to 4500, didn't play all too much of the beta as we both wanted to fight each other so we ended up playing SC4 most the time

Back