Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It is not wasted slot in the common sense of the idea, but it is a wasted slot on the fact they wasted money to make him.

It is a unimaginable stupid decision to make a boss character when Azwel already exists, it is a stupid idea to waste money on modeling, designing and bringing back moves to a essentially useless character.

Inferno might not be a wasted slot, but he is wasted money that could have went anywhere else.

i'm talking in terms of people's opinion and what they would prefer.
i suppose

but like everyone thinks there are wasted slots if their character didn't get in and someone elses did. Like I could say groh and azwel are wasted slots when we could have gotten cassandra or setsuka

It would have been cheaper to make Inferno a mimic rather than a semi-clone with some new moves and as a mimic he would have been balanced and allowed to be used online. And he would have actually served a legit purpose in the game when it comes to gameplay.
As Inferno is now he is a waste of potential, developers effort and a slot.

i suppose

but like everyone thinks there are wasted slots if their character didn't get in and someone elses did. Like I could say groh and azwel are wasted slots when we could have gotten cassandra or setsuka
Groh and Azwel have unique fighting styles lmao

It is not wasted slot in the common sense of the idea, but it is a wasted slot on the fact they wasted money to make him.

It is a unimaginable stupid decision to make a boss character when Azwel already exists, it is a stupid idea to waste money on modeling, designing and bringing back moves to a essentially useless character.

Inferno might not be a wasted slot, but he is wasted money that could have went anywhere else.
But they didn't waste money to make him playable. They spent money making him because he's the main antagonist of Soul Calibur, it's always been that way. Azwel came out of nowhere and we don't even know where he fits in all this, he's most likely the Libra of Souls final boss, but not he's not behind everything that's happened in SC lore like Soul Edge/Inferno. They just flicked a switch to make him playable. Whether or not he was playable, they would spend the same resources anyway because he's the final boss and he was gonna be there regardless.

Guys, they didn't even change his CE ????? How can you all be so positive about it ?
They could've given him a new CE yes, but at same time he's the same entity as Nightmare so, it's not like it matters much. I'm not gonna get pissed at the game because he doesn't have a different CE.

It would have been cheaper to make Inferno a mimic rather than a semi-clone with some new moves and as a mimic he would have been balanced and allowed to be used online. And he would have actually served a legit purpose in the game when it comes to gameplay.
As Inferno is now he is a waste of potential, developers effort and a slot.
It wouldn't have been cheaper. Even as a mimic Inferno still had some unique moves, and they'd have to make a Soul Edge variation of every weapon style in the game. We don't know about balance either because every style now has its own gimmick, RE and CE are a thing now too, we just don't know.
Also making him playable online has nothing to do with being a mimic or a semi-clone. They could've just balanced this Inferno too.

All it would make is Inferno another joke character like he's always been

We were promised many things such as variety in weapons. Literally 3 characters have the same weapon, and 2 of them have the same CE, we can get pissed about it.

Well if you wanna go that far then most Soul Calibur games also had 3 characters with the same weapon. Sophitia, Cassandra and Lizardman. Let's not pretend SC never had clones, on the contrary. I don't see why this is a problem now.

It wouldn't have been cheaper. Even has a mimic Inferno still had some unique moves...
Mimics having some unique moves undermines the whole idea of a mimic. Cut those off. Save money and make a better mimic as the result at the same time.
and they'd have to make a Soul Edge variation of every weapon style in the game.
And how is that a problem? Every character already has 7 variations of weapons. If they decided Inferno to be a mimic from the start, they could have not model 1 variation of each style that are currently in the game and model Soul Edge variations instead. So the end result would have been still 7 variations for every style, except Soul Edge variations are included instead of some other obscure variations nobody cares for.
We don't know about balance either because every style now has its own gimmick, RE and CE are a thing now too, we just don't know.
I don't see your point.
Also making him playable online has nothing to do with being a mimic or a semi-clone. They could've just balanced this Inferno too.
Yet they didn't. While this problem could have been avoided by the mimic solution altogether.
All it would make is Inferno another joke character like he's always been
No idea what you are talking about, I loved Inferno as a mimic since SC1. Yet right now he is indeed a joke not even allowed online.

Groh and Azwel have unique fighting styles lmao
cassandra and setsuka have unique fighting styles

therefore putting 2 new characters in wasted 2 slots that old characters could have filled

it's also wasted money making a character from the ground up when they already have other characters for reference. every CaS is wasted too, it's just there to copy current characters, they spent all that time making armors and the libra mode when they could have just made more characters, hell story mode is wasted too, why have it at all when that money could have been used for more characters?

We were promised many things such as variety in weapons. Literally 3 characters have the same weapon, and 2 of them have the same CE, we can get pissed about it.
Lol then get pissed. I'm LMAO at the kiddy tantrums.
It's not going to change anything at this stage so this pointless infantile rage is at least mildly entertaining.

Except they didn't remake those weapon models, they were ported from older games. You wouldn't be able to do that with the Soul Edge weapons. This game is on the leash by Bamco and it has a low budget, I'm more worried about less CaS items and characters like Setsuka and Hilde not being in. Yet suddenly Inferno not being a mimic is a huge issue when a few weeks ago nobody wanted mimics. Really hard to believe after 8 pages we're still going on about this. A final boss deserves to be more than a mimic, if you wanted both versions (one for story, the other for online) then ask Bamco for more budget.

Back