Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I get the impression that it's a nod to his Soul Blade appearance.

Plus if you think about it, the game already does so much with color to make the games mechanics stand out so much (Orange Flames = UB, Blue Lightning = GC, White Electricity with Red Outline = Reversal Edge, Blue/White-Gold/Purplish Red = Soul Charge, Green = Guard Impact). Inferno is basically a living being of pure energy, and you’d have to spin a roulette just to see what color he can be without already infringing on other colors being used by other game effects. Hence, bright neon pink flames.

Last edited:
Right, that looks stupid. I think that’s the case for the races such as colossus, lizard, the purple guy.

Nah, the lizardman race definitely has some basic jaw movements (likely because it's based off of SCIV Lizardman, who had those things). I'm not sure about the Darksider race, as it too has a unique face model that might not have normal animations, but I don't see why the colossus race wouldn't have it, since they're just retextures of the regular faces.

Nah, the lizardman race definitely has some basic jaw movements (likely because it's based off of SCIV Lizardman, who had those things). I'm not sure about the Darksider race, as it too has a unique face model that might not have normal animations, but I don't see why the colossus race wouldn't have it, since they're just retextures of the regular faces.
I think I saw one of the videos that had them, but their mouths didn’t move. I’m not sure where I saw it. Also, Lizardman might have it but some don’t. Though idc because I wasn’t going to use those much anyways.

How about if Namco cancelled the release of Soul Calibur VI entirely and just hosted recordings of 1 million beta matches from last weekend complete with ranking charts - $1 to view each match? :D

Not surprised at Inferno being in considering he was the boss character of SCI. It's also clear they REALLY revamped his moveset what with the aerial combos and aerial stance. As for him being a mimic, thing is we already have a potential mimic if Edge Master is in it. No reason to have two

Shoo...Those are some nice Tira combos. And I was over here just doing the basic ones I remembered from SCV. Pretty sad how little damage the CE does at the end of the combos, though. Not worth the meter to use it like that, I think.

As far as Inferno goes, I'm disappointed he doesn't have a different CE. But being restricted from online means I never really use him. Soo.. *shrug* I hope we at least get a hint for who will be the next DLC. They could do that much. Better not be Aeon/Lizardman for DLC. I don't mind Hwang or Yunsung, but Aeon would just look redundant next to CAS.

Shoo...Those are some nice Tira combos. And I was over here just doing the basic ones I remembered from SCV. Pretty sad how little damage the CE does at the end of the combos, though. Not worth the meter to use it like that, I think.

As far as Inferno goes, I'm disappointed he doesn't have a different CE. But being restricted from online means I never really use him. Soo.. *shrug* I hope we at least get a hint for who will be the next DLC. They could do that much. Better not be Aeon/Lizardman for DLC. I don't mind Hwang or Yunsung, but Aeon would just look redundant next to CAS.
It looks like there's a maximum damage assigned to any combo?

Last edited:
I'm actually happy to see inferno with a beefed up moveset. He looks like a frustrating overpowered boss character, which is exactly what he should be!

I was worried that he would be usable in online ranked modes so I'm very happy to see that they have taken that into consideration. I'm a little disappointed that he doesn't have a unique CE attack however seeing as how he is strictly a boss/bonus character that can only be used in casual modes it doesn't really make that big of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Lastly, his artwork sooooo awesome, although I really shouldn't expect anything less at this point. All the artwork in SCVI is on point.

1538687298404.png

OH YEA!

Back