Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

It would be cool if they had an "extra" music setting revolving around the characters where the theme that plays was character dependent. It'd just be music from previous games (minus Groh and Azwel), and Geralt's would probably just be his stage music, but still...

I've actually found the soundtrack somewhat disappointing from the ones I've heard in SCVI, they're all good enough but SCV had so many incredible very distinct themes for all the characters. There's nothing here quite like the SCV themes for Viola, Tira, Hilde, etc, the Witcher stage theme is great but of course that's a SC remix of a Witcher theme rather being a proper SCVI one.

the SCV soundtrack had some new composers, Western composers, who spiced things up a bit; something that was sorely needed imo. Inon Zur (Lineage 2, Fallout, Prince of Persia, ETC), Cris Velasco (God of WarS, TERA, Warhammer, Darksiders). Personally, I feel in the past games there quite a few songs that were too derivative, even boring. There's something about the Japanese composers doing symphonic music, too much trumpets and synths that drag on and on for my liking. But to be fair, Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana, Koudelka) also composed some tracks for SCV and they are good.

Siegfried's SCV theme is a good theme to get you pumping. When Maximiliam Dood was streaming SCV, and this theme came up, at around 0:30 - 1:10 Max goes something like "MY GOOD, the music is so epic"

Z.W.E.I.'s theme, the violin is the star here :)

This is the song the horsemen of the apocalypse will be playing on the background as they turn us into ashes \m/

The SCVI tracks I have listened sound good, too :)

Last edited:
Oh my god Azwel's in a fucking speedo after armor break

Untitled.png

In just ten more days
We'll return to fight once more
On History's stage.

Retelling the tales
Eternally, without end:
Tales of souls and swords.

What else could be there
A man needs to be fulfilled?
It's simple as that:

'Be righteous, be good!'
I yell at Okubo's face:
'DLC Amy.'

Hmm but this will be no different than the videos posted last week of Libra?!
Fight with faizel, maxi, unknown dude, gain friend then fight two unknown dudes

Yeah, that's kind of the problem with the Libra previews. The beginning is too linear, and the fights too easy. The most interesting part is the character the previewer decides to make, and even that is pretty limited in scope.

I bet we get the opening trailer/cinematic for the game at the announcement. Maybe we'll get an announcement of upcoming DLC but it might be smarter if they wait until a bit after the release. Or maybe they'll finally reveal that fourth game mode on the website (probably arcade/online/etc...)

I really hope he announces at least one of the dlc characters. As others have said it makes way more sense to announce them before release of the base game to build more hype and help motivate people to buy the game. I'm sure there's a lot of people who need more incentive because their character is not in yet.

I really hope he announces at least one of the dlc characters. As others have said it makes way more sense to announce them before release of the base game to build more hype and help motivate people to buy the game. I'm sure there's a lot of people who need more incentive because their character is not in yet.

I've mentioned before that when the PC version is released hackers will data mine it for characters names. There's no guarantee though so don't get your hopes up that you will find out before they're announced.

Back