Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I don't like that Nightmare has the katana tbh. Like, that weapon doesn't fit Nightmare's fighting style whatsoever, it just looks too frail. Even Sephiroth doesn't swing his with as much fervor one-handed as Nightmare does. :/

Cassandra looks adorable and all, but Rothion now looks like a generic Disney prince wannabe.

1539233171566.jpeg

How’d that become some pretty boy with one of the young man faces? I don’t think blacksmiths are supposed to be wiry...

Cassandra looks adorable and all, but Rothion now looks like a generic Disney prince wannabe.

View attachment 51839
How’d that become some pretty boy with one of the young man faces? I don’t think blacksmiths are supposed to be wiry...

Blacksmiths are not stereotypically confined to gruff looking men, you tend to only see that when they're working, us manual labor folk do bath you know. :P

Rothion.jpg

@ColColton @LisaK -- Thanks for clarity, so it sounds like Lost Swords is maybe a bit saner than originally thought, if it allowed everyone to share weapons, then that makes more sense. Spine Blade with Ivan the Terrible also makes sense, because Cassandra combined those two weapons in SoulCalibur IV, using the sword from Spine Blade and the shield from Ivan the Terrible, but if all the swords were usable by all of the Alexandras then that was actually kind of cool of them to let that happen. It's still a thing that the swords do have original owners and assigned identities, but with Nightmare getting Great Sword from Siegfried, I don't really like that either @Noctis it seems weird to have an elegant weapon as a katana (even a really big one) used by Nightmare, but do we have a confirmation that Siegfried doesn't also have it, that they're sharing it? I don't think we've seen Siegfried's full weapon loadout yet, I haven't, anyway. If Siegfried has one of Nightmare's weapons, maybe they do have some kind of fair trade system going on, but... I guess we'll see.

@Crimzin -- From a lore standpoint, I would say it is a big deal. I'd say Fire Blade and Orichalcum are more aesthetically pleasing than Katzbalger, too, so just shoving it in Sophitia's hands instead of giving her one of her mainstays is weird. It's even more weird if Cassandra ends up picking up one of Sophitia's weapons... if it was like Lost Swords, and they could use each others' weapons freely, then that would be more okay, but straight up changing owners of weapons is something that they haven't really done before.

Abelia is an outlier. She picked up Gladius from Sophitia in SoulCalibur II (and it hasn't been seen since), and she did have Katzbalger, but Cassandra's The Ancient was also modeled after Katzbalger, so she didn't actually really lose the weapon, much like Sophitia's The Ancient was modeled after Swordbreaker, so she still kinda had that too. Abelia having Valkyrie was the weirdest thing, where she could have / arguably should have had Swordbreaker too to even things out. The rest of her weapons were unique or repurposed, like Excalibur was Dark Blade with Blue Crystal Rod's shield. Ice Blade was unique, and it would see use again in Legends of all places, used by Sophitia, but then Eternal Rest was unique to her and then there was Hyle's Lilia.

It's entirely possible that I care too much about this, I'll admit. It just baffles me why they would just hand weapons over to different people like this.

Going to go a little off topic here from current discussion. If there is a season 2 I really want the collective lot here to campaign for all legacy characters to make it in and to double the stage count so the game doesn't feel repetitive to play long into the future. Li Long, Hwang and Rock are at the top of my list but to have everyone such as Cassandra, Setsuka, Amy, Hilde, Yun Seong, Lizardman (SC5 style) Dampierre and Algol would make for a complete package for me. I would ask for more but I think I would be asking for too much.

DpMHaMvUwAAE4MI.jpg

OMG

Also is that a new design she had here? Can't be sure but if that's the case there's high chance she'll be in the game.

i'll also like to add that Sophie look really cute here!!

That's not what has gotten people hyped for Cassandra as DLC, it's the unique attire she's wearing, something that wouldn't be designed for a simple portrait unless you've got further use for it. Hwang being playable in SC6 is up for debate though.

View attachment 51837

View attachment 51838

BTW i'd like to add about this that we shouldn't forget that Mitsu and Sophie (and are the only ones) that has the exact same outfit as SC1. So maybe, i'm just saying maybe... Hwang... will be... the 3rd one.

So maybe we already know about the full season pass? Tira, Hwang, Cassie, and a guest (probably Jon Snow or Khalessi)

Last edited:
Back