Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Just because it's based on her SC1 outfit, doesn't mean it's good. Even the SC1 outfit looked terrible. At least SCV made it seem like she was wearing clothes

She can wear clothes but putting a jacket on her primary costume caused three issues.

1. They toned down her asymmetrical armor design as a result. Probably because it was too much upper body bulk with the coat. The pauldron/arm piece was far less prominent and her overall appearance suffered because of it.
2. The coat's design looked awful. Too much noise and clutter with it. Any previous alt coat she's worn looks far better (maybe not SC3).
3. Because they went with the coat for her primary, they didnt go with the coat on her secondary and that fucking christmas tree shit was the worst costume that ever existed in the history of costumes. In anything. Ever.

SoulCalibur I Ivy 2p will always be the best Ivy:

7tR2BJW_d.jpg
Its pretty damn good but really its just the boots. All the rest of that i've seen before on CAS.

As trolly as this was, it was actually pretty well put together and aside from the obvious things, it did kinda feel like watching a regular SCVI trailer, lol. GG.

I definitely feel like Cass is more likely for DLC now that she's clearly had a very detailed redesign which is admittedly very cool-looking, possibly her best. I just never liked her personally because I despise cocky characters like her and Yun-Seung (if for no other reason than the way their victory quotes are designed to piss you off) but I still wouldn't mind her being in, lol.

Now if someone could make one of these with Amy...
What if that lizzie screenshot with axe and shield is from cassandra character? Hohoho.
That's... Actually quite interesting. We know for certain that the Axe and Shield is in, and Sophie doesn't have it, so either Lizardman is an unlockable, or maybe Cass is (which makes sense as she's been an unlockable in most SC games I believe) and he's just a CAS Lizardman using her style.

Of course there's still the possibility there's one more extra unlockable character in the base game like Inferno but they'd have to be pretty well hidden for none of the people testing out the finished game at events and such to have unlocked them yet.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that the recent builds with all announced characters so far is the final build (it certainly looks like it) but they are actually "preview builds" and not the build we get on release day. I have paid close attention to one or two of these previews where the presenter/narrator of the video clearly states that they are showcasing a preview build [even though it contains all the characters revealed so far].

So what the deal is with the white dots on character select screen is still open to speculation.

EDIT-
it's possible that the build at new York comic con was the release build I'm pretty sure that's what they told Bigbrook who posted on here who attended the other day. But it still might have been the same near complete preview build we've seen elsewhere and the staff were told to feign that it was the release build even though its not. An optimistic point of view I know..

Back