Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Damn since they took out Global Colosseum I wish they had some sort of casual matchmaking mode. Sometimes you dont want to sit in the koth style lobbys.

Last edited:
I’m thinking about upgrading to a GTX 1080 Ti, even though I only have a 1080p display for now...

Maybe I will upgrade my display later...

I wonder how good SCVI will look with it...
I'm not sure what you have now, but personally, I think the 1070 Ti is more than adequate compared to the 1080 Ti, and is $300 cheaper. I don't think the price difference is worth the marginal increase, just for my two cents on the matter.

10:17 - The best quote I've ever heard from Seong Mina.

'Te-Ya, Woohoo, Weeee!'
Sasuga Seong Mi-na :sc1min1:

I hope hex editing becomes a thing here too. o.o
It probably will, since things seem so similarly structured to SoulCalibur V, I imagine a lot of the old techniques will still be usable. But be careful what you ask for with this, because it's very likely that it will be possible to use Inferno's moveset on a CaS, meaning it will be a way to put Inferno online, which they did not intend to be possible.

Furthermore, if your worry is ranked, it's a completely arbitrary mode/label to begin with.
Look, the entire point of Ranked mode, whether you subscribe to it or not, is to determine who the best players online across the world are. Why would you introduce a whole bunch of variables, like size weirdness, or arbitrary damage/speed buffs, etc. depending on build, into the mode? That flies against having the mode in the first place. It could lead to scenarios where a CAS version of a character is better than the actual character, forcing people to make a CAS in order to not be hamstringed. There are supposed to be as few variables as possible. It's pretty much the "no fun allowed" mode.

So, Pac... Cass got confirmed. I was wonderin when you would show up. Thoughts?
Well, she's technically not "Confirmed" yet but for all intense and purposes...

And IM SO FWUCKIN HYPE YOU HAVE NO IDEA
Just seeing my girl after all these years is a treat! I cant wait to have my ORIGINAL fighting game main back ㅜㅜ

I could honestly just ramble on for pages about new combos Ive thought of and what her new moves might look like but just know, SoulCalibur is the reason I play fighting games but Cassandra gave me the passion.

I know a leak with Hwang is too good to be true. Thought he’d be DLC. Could be likely since I don’t think Setsuka will show up in a story.

Hwang and Cassie to me should be drawn with generic CaS parts if they’re to not be DLC. The Spiky hair the Koreans have is jarringly missing too while Cassandra has a different ponytail from the Swing Cut or whatever her shorter hair is called.

What if Cassandra has the axe instead of Lizzy?

There are unique portraits for other minor tertiary characters too, and that's really what Hwang is. Speaking of which, I wonder why we got him playable back then but not Xianglian or Rothion or Toki or someone else with about the same level of importance.

Last edited:
There are unique portraits for other minor tertiary characters too, and that's really what Hwang is. Speaking of which, I wonder why we got him playable back then but not Xianglian or Rothion or Toki or someone else with about the same level of importance.
Because Korea needed a Mitsurugi stand-in back on SoulBlade, and then he stuck around for SoulCalibur for Xianghua since he was popular, and then Arthur was made to replace Mitsurugi for Korea instead.

Just came from ring out nyc. A lot of people and the community is so male-dominant kekeke. The build is basically the same with all the base characters. Looks like there may be a fair bit of options for vs modes but I didn’t really get to see, as most were just focused on going through 1v1 vs matches. Hoping for team battle? idk. Azwel and Asta look pretty cool.

Have some poorly shot concept art pics to share if anyone cares when I get home.

Back